Author Topic: Cult of Schala?  (Read 2669 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Cult of Schala?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 01:34:33 pm »
So that ProjectoR person and PSZ finally got together and birthed this monstrosity? :lol:

What's with people asking if this is "real" though? Can you say bwain bwammage?

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 07:50:40 pm »
At first glance it looks like it could be something along the lines of the Jedi "religion", which is, I guess, real(?).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 11:45:38 pm »
Definetly fake. Looks decent from front page although I still wouldn't buy it. My first hint right off the bat on the About Us page reading through, the majority of the info is a combination of Zeal and FFX's worlds. Not to mention under Schala Zeal page the very first picture of Schala is Yuna. Not to mention I can't remember where but their numbers changed in 2 spots as to the whole donations thing between 2 million and 3 million.

Plus their "members" must be able to "memorize a 400-page text". I don't think many can do that in the first place so if that really is one of their expectations I'm guessing combined with how unknown they are they probably have I'd say 4-13 members. Plus, another expectation is to live in poverty? That's the exact opposite of how Yuna and especially Schala lived! How can they try to be like those two and expect to be in poverty? Plus wanting donations on every single page?

They just keep contradicting themselves! Lastly, as they have made a number of FFX references: if they were truly dedicated to Schala you'd think they'd be labeled as Chrono characters. Instead every one of them is a FFX character. Sure they Brother Dalton but how many references does he have other than the absurd him discovering theories on energies? If they're trying to do good in the first place why name oneself after someone who planned to overthrow their kingdom and ways of life(in this case religion)and kill everyone with golems and magic(energies)?

Gotta be a joke. And if they are serious, they have many flaws they need to work on before getting anything out.
Lastly their donations time limit is apparantly coming up. They didn't bother to tell anyone the time. Great way to rush people into donating money quickly eh?

This isn't my best sluething by the way. I'm tired and literally seconds from dozing off. Even then I can still call fake or horrible job on this.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »
I have a cult??? o_o

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 12:12:43 am »
No, you don't. Schala does.
This almost looks like something a university student put together as a project. I have a friend who's an english major somewhere on the east coast, and her class was given a project to make a fake religion.

Although, this is a cool idea. I'd like to see a Church of Lavos!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 12:32:50 am »

And she is...?

It seems you didn't get it, or just not going along with it.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 03:22:34 am »

And she is...?

It seems you didn't get it, or just not going along with it.

I'd say the latter.

It's obviously fake. If nothing else throws you off, look at the donations. There really is a church of Ed Wood, the widely accepted worst director of all time. So the idea isn't out of the question. But two million and some change? Nope. This thing is not that popular, and millionaires don't like CT or CC. False claims.

For the record, I'd love to see a Church of Bekkler, but only because I'm curious about what that would entail exactly. I would not call it my church, however. I'd probably call it Squeenix's Bible Humper's Club if it were up to me.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 06:18:14 am »
This whole thread has inspired me to start thinking of all of the church-worthy entities in CT.  (Can't say much for Cross since I actually never jumped on the PS bandwagon...)

So we have:

Church of Lavos
Church of Schala
Church of Bekkler
Church of Son of Sun? (looks deity-like)
Church of Gato (in heaven the roads are paved with silver points)
Church of Gaspar/Belthasar/Melchior
Church of the Nu (or Pink Nu)
and of course Church of Spekkio

Concepts for these and others could be pretty entertaining!  There's potential abound.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:33 am »
This whole thread has inspired me to start thinking of all of the church-worthy entities in CT.  (Can't say much for Cross since I actually never jumped on the PS bandwagon...)

So we have:

Church of Lavos
Church of Schala
Church of Bekkler

Concepts for these and others could be pretty entertaining!  There's potential abound.

I am a member of the Church of Lavos. We await the day the great master raises the Black Omen, which the faithful will board. Lavos will then rain destruction apon the world and send it's offspring into space. The truely faithful will get to travel with a spawn. Our current prediction is 2012.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:56 am »
Don't forget the Church of the Fiendlord! Probably the closest to canon you'll ever get. Although, if he did use religion to dupe the Mystics, he probably based it around Lavos anyway..

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 11:39:13 am »

So we have:

Church of Lavos
Church of Schala
Church of Bekkler

I am a member of the Church of Lavos. We await the day the great master raises the Black Omen, which the faithful will board. Lavos will then rain destruction apon the world and send it's offspring into space. The truely faithful will get to travel with a spawn. Our current prediction is 2012.

Assimilate now!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 01:49:23 pm »
Don't forget the Church of the Fiendlord! Probably the closest to canon you'll ever get. Although, if he did use religion to dupe the Mystics, he probably based it around Lavos anyway..

Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Seriously, though, Magus does seem to get more worship--and inspire more controversy--than any of the other characters, both of which are useful attributes for a deity.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 03:26:18 pm »
You forgot "Church of the Entity", bitchass! :lol:

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
I would join the Church of Gato, just cause his song is easy to remember and sing.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 05:07:41 pm »
You forgot "Church of the Entity", bitchass! :lol:

So I did!   :picardno  How could I have?

As awesome as the Church of the Fiendlord sounds, remember that the leader was only in it for the power to summon Lavos.  So, at best it was a front organization.   :lol:

Edit:  For some reason I missed that the original post pointed this out...  Switching sleep schedules kills attention to detail.  Anyway, at least Magus didn't do the LRH thing and mentally enslave his subordinates while taking all of their money.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:14:33 pm by Uboa »