Author Topic: "Crimson Echoes: The Month that Could Have Been" starts NOW!  (Read 23572 times)

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: "Crimson Echoes: The Month that Could Have Been" starts NOW!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2009, 02:07:56 am »
What do you guys think of this?:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8oeqe/crimson_echoes_98_beta_leaked/?sort=new

Look at (what is, as of the time of this post) the top reply, the guy who said he contacted Square-Enix himself. Do you think he's even telling the truth?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:10:27 am by SuperSlash »

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:45 am »
It was in the comments section of the Youtube videos as well >.>

Which leads me to say that the videos were awesome. Keep 'em coming! It's a pain not being able to play them, but the team's comments came close to making up for it =D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2009, 02:13:06 am »
SuperSlash, I suspect that the person who commented on Youtube, Reddit, and other places may be one of the ones who spam bombed us last night. If so, I don't think his word is worth all that much.

Trustworthy Compendiumites both inside and outside the project team have called. This is real, and the videos should prove that the CE team had nothing to hide and no reason to make this up, and every reason to investigate the veracity of the C&D.

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2009, 02:15:34 am »
Spam-bombed? I missed that. =O

I wasn't trying to say you guys were wrong and/or lying, it's just...you know, that small glimmer of pointless hope. >.>

odber

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2009, 02:19:24 am »
So how many videos are we getting?  :D

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2009, 02:20:23 am »
With the alpha now leaked to everyone and his mom, do you think Zeality and JP will issue any statements to the effect that people shouldn't try to finish the game themselves?

I would figure something like that would be self-evident, but you never know if some particularly determined ROM hacker might try to take the alpha and try to fill in the last 10% based on what shows up in the beta vids and just plain guessing.

Danked

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2009, 02:23:32 am »
Taken from digg

I already told you, man, by e-mail and PM

www.karlsonandkarlson.com

They defended my ass in the case Blizzard Inc. Vs. well... me... Concerning my Diablo 2 item shop (damn me for not being chinese and immune to US lawsuits)

They're specialized in intellectual property. Go to the website, e-mail joseph (preferably, my lawyer) and tell him Frank sent you. Really. Do it.

THIS FALL UNDER FAIR USE OF COPYRIGHT ACT. THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE A FANFICTION (see: fanctiction.net) AND THUS NOT ONLY TOLERATED BUT LEGAL. AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF THE CHARACTERS OR SELL FOR A PROFIT THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL IN MAKING A FAN GAME.

PLEASE someone forward this to him - he can use the exact same letter I used on my case. AND IT'S FREE so there is not reason not to do it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:56 am »
I missed the spam bomb too. When the sun rose in France, Chrono'99 celebrated with a can of whoopass from what I hear. OVER 9000 alt accounts succumbed, supposedly.

RySenkari, I sure hope that hypothetical modder who tries to finish the alpha has good spriting skills and can figure out how the event and tech code works. With Kajar Labs down, there's a complete lack of advanced reference notes that would otherwise be helpful to such an endeavor.

odber, enough to fill the entire month of June most likely. We're still processing the footage, and part of that process is splitting it up into chunks of appropriate length for Youtube. At 23 chapters and 3 videos per chapter, 70 roughly full-length videos wouldn't be a bad guesstimate.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2009, 02:29:37 am »
RySenkari, I sure hope that hypothetical modder who tries to finish the alpha has good spriting skills and can figure out how the event and tech code works. With Kajar Labs down, there's a complete lack of advanced reference notes that would otherwise be helpful to such an endeavor.

Figured it would be tough, but you know how the internet is. A statement to discourage people from even trying might be a good idea. It's up to them though.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2009, 02:32:05 am »
oh man, these videos make me want to cry....  Which is sad, because I hadn't even heard of Crimson echoes til the day the C&D was recieved....  But damn...  I know a good game when I see one, and Crimson Echoes, is looking damn good so far...

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:59 am »
spam bomb? i must have just missed that x.X

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 03:18:27 am »
It happened approximately 21 hours ago (as of this post).

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 03:26:39 am »
spam bomb? i must have just missed that x.X
...you kinding me right? You were talking to the spammer when it was happening in this very thread!

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2009, 03:30:23 am »
oh that LOL sorry i wasn't paying attention posts got deleted thats all i knew lol

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 03:34:37 am »
Now I'm confused.  :?

As fun as emotional updates are, try not to post them.
                                                           ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:50:43 pm by V_Translanka »