Poll

Which is your favorite Chrono Trigger NPC?

Cyrus
6 (13.3%)
Ozzie, Slash, and/or Flea
7 (15.6%)
Johnny
0 (0%)
Lavos
3 (6.7%)
Queen Zeal
1 (2.2%)
Schala
16 (35.6%)
Dalton
1 (2.2%)
Gaspar, Belthasar, or Melchior
6 (13.3%)
Spekkio
3 (6.7%)
Other
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: May 01, 2005, 11:50:31 am

Author Topic: 5/7/05 - Which is your favorite Chrono Trigger NPC?  (Read 9077 times)

Crystal Zeal

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
5/7/05 - Which is your favorite Chrono Trigger NPC?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
Schala.  I love Schala.  She's just plain awesome.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 12:09:20 am »
Bah, I dont like this poll.  The guru's grouped as one... And I'd bet that Schala in CC is coloring people's perception of her as a CT NPC.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 01:25:26 am »
Not for me! I see her nothing like Kid: ancient, noble, high-spoken, gentle at whiles, though after her torment in the Tesseract prone to deeds of darkness as beset her mighty brother... if my earlier descriptive post did not make clear that clear. She's the tragic heroine of the Chrono series - her brother the tragic hero. On that note, though, it would then be fitting if she does indeed die forever at the end of the last game. Who knows, maybe this will be like Star Wars: everyone thinks Luke was the main character, when it turns out to be Darth Vader/Anakin. Perhaps Schala is the main character in the Chrono games, and each episode shows different portions of her life. But probably not.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2005, 03:09:17 pm »
Well, some people's perception of Schala would have been colored by Kid, but I was refering to her whole ideal with the TD, and her being the reason for the game, basically.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2005, 03:35:20 pm »
Someone should make a 3D Chrono Trigger fighting game so we can settle these disputes.

I agree with you Guardian, I think the Chrono Series is focused around Schala. It makes sense, she is one of a slim number of characters that appeared in both games. Both plots were wrapped around her, but she hasn't really experienced any fighting. I figure this will continue for any more games, as long as Kato is behind the helm. As fun as it would be to play with Schala, I like how she is played as the tragic heroine. Everyone agreess she is powerful, but we never get to see it fully used. The mystery is really cool.

But I still stick to my guns, Toma is really cool. The guy adventures the world looking for artifacts, and is getting hammered most of the time (I don't know what his real drink was but I know it wasn't cider). And he is intellegent too, he found the rainbow shell. If it wasn't for his obvious lack of fighting skills he would have gotten it himself. And his jokes always give me a good laugh.

You guys are a riot a minute!

Classic.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2005, 09:00:23 pm »
Cyrus would cut Toma's head off.

Gotta love my Cyrus > other NPC comparisions :)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2005, 10:01:30 pm »
Well, Toma is essentially, to my mind, an Indiana Jones type character, or so it seems to me. Thus Cyrus would have a little bit of a harder time than you might think - those adventurer sorts always seem to live through more than they ought to.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2005, 11:21:49 pm »
Yeah, I know.  Anywho, I liked Toma too, but not as much as Cyrus.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2005, 01:05:42 am »
Cyrus is cool and all, but getting whacked by Magus kinda makes him lose some of his luster. He makes Frog cooler though, which is a plus.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »
I dont think there is anything wrong with a tragic hero.  I mean, when William Wallace was executed, did that make you think less of him?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 06:34:46 pm »
Uh...yes?

*doesn't know who that is*

*does an Ashley Simpson ho-down*

Cyrus wasn't executed though. They thought they could take Magus down. Cyrus was wrong...dead wrong! Mwah ha ha! Get it? He died...and he was wrong...or something...?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 09:45:57 pm »
William Wallace...?  Brave Heart...?  You know, that Mel Gibson movie, based on the Scotish hero?  His army mooned the evil english, and big battles and stuff?  Since I'm about to spoil the movie for you, you best surrender now, and stop reading.

Near the end, the English ambush him at a friendly city, and take him to London for painful execution.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2005, 07:39:28 am »
Oh right...Yeah, I've seen Braveheart (hasn't everyone?)...The Patriot was a super Braveheart rip-off...

Whenever I think of Braveheart, I think of The Crusible or something when he says all a man has is his name...or something

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2005, 04:44:42 pm »
My vote goes for Schala....

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2005, 05:03:23 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Not for me! I see her nothing like Kid: ancient, noble, high-spoken, gentle at whiles, though after her torment in the Tesseract prone to deeds of darkness as beset her mighty brother... if my earlier descriptive post did not make clear that clear. She's the tragic heroine of the Chrono series - her brother the tragic hero. On that note, though, it would then be fitting if she does indeed die forever at the end of the last game. Who knows, maybe this will be like Star Wars: everyone thinks Luke was the main character, when it turns out to be Darth Vader/Anakin. Perhaps Schala is the main character in the Chrono games

In a way, she is on the main character throughout the series.
I don't know how many have realized that.
Her stroy is very tragic and sad.

And a small quote regarding her fate.... ;)

"Long ago, in a far off kingdom, lived a girl.
Because of her power, the kingdom had come to an end, crumbling under its own weight.
Many became engulfed in the temporal vortex that was created, never to be heard from again...

...But not the girl. She lived on, enduring a much sadder fate...

Running from her past and fearing her future, she wanted nothing more than to be swallowed up in the surging waves of the vortex of time...
Hating what she'd done, refusing what she'd said or heard, to simply continue living was her curse.

But the stone, It had other plans for her...
Turning back the hands of her clock, scattering her memories,
she was granted another chance.

Since the precious stone was in her possession,
she carried with her all its will and power.
And so, she was born into this era,
returning to reality as a mere infant... "

~ Radical Dreamers ~