Poll

Having read and understood this critique, do you continue to find the Time Bastard theory unneeding of heavy revision?

Yes, the theory works. (Please explain why.)
6 (33.3%)
No, the theory needs help. (You're welcome to try and offer it.)
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 30, 2005, 06:26:53 am

Author Topic: Debunking the Time Bastard Theory  (Read 27726 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Debunking the Time Bastard Theory
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2005, 11:47:47 pm »
Wow...this is still going, eh? I'll have to get back into this at some point. I didn't do enough to support my case.

papercut

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Debunking the Time Bastard Theory
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2020, 12:43:16 am »
I'd like to add a comment on the cats in regards to Time Bastards ironclad fan-fiction "no way there's duplicates" standpoint and it's subsequent "un-realistic"/"unreasonable" restrictions on possibilities, (lol).  Just a comment, because it is very difficult to take a side here.

I insist they could definitely be the same cats from different timelines based on the fact that timeline counterparts can be incorporated onto the same team in CronoCross.  The only way Time Bastard holds up is if the cats are Chrono's and his new timeline selves that disappeared for every timeline correction were exactly and directly responsible for them being anywhere in the vicinity. 

I posted in "A late late late late Time Bastard debunk" that Chrono himself is the Chrono Trigger.  IF the effects of his time travelling don't ACTUALLY occur until he is back through the portal to the corresponding change time, then there could conceivably be a time allowing for error during which the cats could take it upon themselves to first, go through the time gate to a past or future time awaiting the effect of Chrono's actions, and then, return back through a time gate to where they build up in-game, then yes, they are all the same cat.

Sadly, I further posted how the whole vests and plates thing discredits MY explanation of the debunking, but the vests and plates can't move on their own, sooooo, totally different fanfic right here  ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ 

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Debunking the Time Bastard Theory
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2020, 10:26:14 am »
Nothing like 15-year thread necromancy! Woot woot!

I posted in "A late late late late Time Bastard debunk" that Chrono himself is the Chrono Trigger.  IF the effects of his time travelling don't ACTUALLY occur until he is back through the portal to the corresponding change time, then there could conceivably be a time allowing for error during which the cats could take it upon themselves to first, go through the time gate to a past or future time awaiting the effect of Chrono's actions, and then, return back through a time gate to where they build up in-game, then yes, they are all the same cat.

There's definitely the possibility that Crono himself is a/the Chrono Trigger. We see in Chrono Cross that Serge is referred to as a Chrono Trigger, someone who defies what is and resolves to create a better outcome/future.