Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14308 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2009, 12:35:55 pm »
Hahaha, if you hadn't posted here, I would have anyway.

Because I just had a thought...I haven't seen this anywhere on the CC yet, so correct me if I'm wrong, but...

The Fall of Guardia would have happened regardless of Lavos' defeat, ne? Lavos didn't directly influence Guardia or Porre, and some of the sidequests pertaining to them (the Sun Stone/Moon Stone thing) were optional.
Not only that, there's no one who's heard of Guardia in 2300 AD, no Guardia Dome...No Porre Dome either, but whatever, it might be too far forward in time for ANY previous country to exist.
Pretty sure Dalton getting sucked into a wormhole was going  happen at some point anyway, either at his defeat, OR (in a non-time-travel scenario) at the same time as the Gurus and Janus.
But seeing as Guardia would have fallen at that time anyway, a story could presumably be written as if Crono and Marle had never met, time-traveled, and saved the world. Crono would take his sword skills to the Guardia military, Nadia would continue to be the trapped princess (who had somehow gained some freedom at the fair before being brought back to the castle), and they could conceivably meet for the first time the night of the invasion, Porrean troops closing in, Crono helping to defend the castle, Marle picking off soldiers with her crossbow...
A Future Refused to Change Story that has nothing to do with Time Travel...
Just an idea.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2009, 01:01:55 pm »
Guardia never fell in the Lavos time line.

Quote from: Belthasar, in the notes left in the room before the Epoch's
  Kingdom Year 1999
   It at last makes the surface its territory too.

Kingdom Year. Considering the only one to do such thing was Guardia, it means that Guardia still existed by the time Lavos rose. Unless it did fell but like in Cross the system was still used anyway, but who knows.

As for Porre, Truce, etc. They were still there by 1999 AD.

Quote from: Bad Ending
Operator: D—direct hit on Truce!!

Director: Calm down!
   How's the situation elsewhere?

Operator: Parepoley too! And Choras!
   And Medina......!

They're practically destroyed!!

And then there is the Chronopolis worker who comes from Medina, meaning they still existed as far as 2400 AD at least.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2009, 04:38:57 pm »
Guardia never fell in the Lavos time line.

Quote from: Belthasar, in the notes left in the room before the Epoch's
   Kingdom Year 1999
   It at last makes the surface its territory too.

Kingdom Year. Considering the only one to do such thing was Guardia, it means that Guardia still existed by the time Lavos rose. Unless it did fell but like in Cross the system was still used anyway, but who knows.

As for Porre, Truce, etc. They were still there by 1999 AD.

Alrighty, I forgot about those domes...all I remember are Arris, Bangor, Geno, and Proto, but NOW, having gone to the Encyclopedia...

Trann, Truce, and the Keeper's Dome. Okeydokey.

Quote from: Bad Ending
Operator: D—direct hit on Truce!!

Director: Calm down!
   How's the situation elsewhere?

Operator: Parepoley too! And Choras!
   And Medina......!

They're practically destroyed!!

And then there is the Chronopolis worker who comes from Medina, meaning they still existed as far as 2400 AD at least.

But...who cares about Medina? Not to diss them , but I only said it was a POSSIBLILITY that 2300 was too far forward. But anyway, Lavos still erupts in 1999, but the change is that Crono never finds out about it, due to never even traveling to 2300, or even 600.
Nothing says Guardia couldn't have fallen and then risen againg later. No, it obviously hadn't risen again in Chrono Cross, but everyone had probably been using the Kingdom Calendar since year 1, so whatever.
Or fallen and become a state or province. It would still be called Guardia, most likely.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2009, 04:48:38 pm »
Okay, but why is Porre bolded in the quote? (Parepoley is Porre's name in Japan)

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2009, 12:54:00 am »
*looks around*

Holy crap, this hasn't been updated since August!

Must keep this at the top! I have stake in this! >_<

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2011, 12:57:09 am »
Well we’re resurrecting this old idea and I’ve decided one the first three stories. They will al be mine; go nepotism, but seriously I have a reason. It has been so long that I need to go through everyone’s ideas again and I need to attract attention to the project again: this is simply quicker for now.

In this case I was hoping we could have the first issue out by late July/Early August so I am recruiting artists of any decent caliber to try your hand in this. I have three scripts prepared and two of them are fairly short.

I’ll also need a cover and back-cover artist (Zephira has kindly volunteered to color said cover and back cover for us).

Of course writers and other interested parties may gather here to discuss the project as a whole as well; please show your support and interest.

~Mikey

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »
Well we’re resurrecting this old idea and I’ve decided one the first three stories. They will al be mine; go nepotism, but seriously I have a reason. It has been so long that I need to go through everyone’s ideas again and I need to attract attention to the project again: this is simply quicker for now.

In this case I was hoping we could have the first issue out by late July/Early August so I am recruiting artists of any decent caliber to try your hand in this. I have three scripts prepared and two of them are fairly short.

I’ll also need a cover and back-cover artist (Zephira has kindly volunteered to color said cover and back cover for us).

Of course writers and other interested parties may gather here to discuss the project as a whole as well; please show your support and interest.

~Mikey

I don’t know if this project is still active, but it is I would be interested in contributing. I don’t have as much time as I used to, but I would be happy to help with the covers and backcovers. Here is my gallery:
http://aphelion-of-mine.deviantart.com/