Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14044 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:29:07 am »
Welcome to the Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle
I am Michael, project leader by default. A Dōjinshi is a comic/manga created by fans of a series. Are projects goal is to release a monthly Dōjinshi with 3 or 4 stories in it. These stories are written by our talented writers and then brought to life by our oh so amazing artists. We also allow ideas to be submitted by the members of the Compendium.

The comics currently consist of 3 kinds of stories
One Shots: Created for one time purpose and not intended to be continued.
On Going Story: A story that is released one chapter each issue until it's finished.
But the future refused to change: Pre-time travel what if stories. They are similar to One Shots except that have a particular focus and concept.

Current Members -

Project Leader:OverlordMikey  :?
Writers:
Katie Skyye
skylark

Artists: Coming soon

If for any reason you must quit or won't be able to assist in making the comic then please let me know through PM.

Rules for Joining:
1) Be familiar with Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross. Most of us know Chrono Trigger, but if you don't know Cross then let us know so that you don't end up working on a comic you can't do.
2) Artists should submit an example so we can be sure that their talents get matched up with the right stories. We are accepting of many diffrent art styles.
3) Remember remain dedicated, if your going to quit without helping to finish at least one issue then you should have never joined, obviously if you have a reason then that's different, but dropping out because it's to hard is unacceptable!
4) Scripts should be e-mailed to me. You will only be added to the writer list after you have. Need my e-mail address? Ask nicely through a PM (or check my profile since I'm pretty sure it's there -_-')

Other rules:
5)Ideas should be acceptable for the ages 16 or younger, no sexual situations.
6)Ideas can be comical, serious, and don't have to always fit into canon.

Our mottos:
Let’s Do This!
Get Spirited! Get Chrono Dōjinshi!
Let's go together. To another time, another place. Neither time nor space can hold back to power of our will!
We are a non-profit Dōjinshi circle.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:12:33 pm by OverlordMikey »

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:36:20 am »
wow you read my mind and then some dojinshi manga would just take our minds of the debacle im up for being part of this 100%

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:56:10 am »
I've sort of been proposing this idea in the IRC and to ZeaLitY...though I've been waiting until he gets back to really see about getting it organized within teh Compendium...So I'm all for it...but, uh, should this be in General Discussion...?

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:06:03 am »
dunno but its a valid topic and 1 of my favorite

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:13:59 am »
Cool! Now I can share my visions of Lucca x Norris!

:lol: *demented*

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:46:20 am »
sounds fun care to share xD im hoping we can do a big project with this like make a whole manga volume or so that would own but yer lets figure this all out first xD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:58:52 am by Corpse69 »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:35:30 am »
My idea was a Project ZEAL II (only I wouldn't want it to have that name...a bit too Titanic) sort of thing, only more just in spirit than anything...Overall there would be a central story that several people would start with various characters...Each character would be comprised of a team of either writer and artist or writer/artist...Teams could be decided either via member consensus (i.e. you choose amongst yourselves) or pairing done randomly (throw names in a hat sort of deal). The results would be completely determined by the limits of the artist's imagination and whatever they can fit into panels along with the written words...I could see the whole spectrum of style and ability from standard manga, a more american comic look, MSPaint, pics of people posing in cosplay, pics of Legos, w/e...but then as the stories converge, I see the styles doing so as well...Either by page, chapter, or maybe even *scary music* panel!

But any way this goes down seems cool.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:56:05 am »
like a web comic of sorts this is getting more and more interesting

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:33:50 am »
So what is a Dōjinshi circle exactly?  Just a collaborative work?

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:37 am »
Yeah, essentially. We all write a comic together, I guess.

Dammit, this is one of those times that I had a tablet. If I did, my bubble people would attack the world! ... in MSPaint. I'd love to write for this, though.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 03:25:04 pm »
I was not certain where to put it..

I was thinking it could be a collection of them. If someone want's to do a more serious one with a storyline that's their choice. Well if someone want's to do a goofy story that's their choice. And we combine them into the Chrono Compendium Anthology of Chrono-esqe Fun (We'll come up with a better name later.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doujinshi (it's the quickest link that explains  Dōjinshi , although it could do a better job)

If someone was really dedicated they could make a Crimsion Echo's  Dōjinshi  hahahahaha, but let's not get caught up in such an idea.

Cool! Now I can share my visions of Lucca x Norris!

:lol: *demented*

That's the spirit.

I was thinking of writing a story about
Leena vs Kid: The Battle for Serge hahahahahahaha... They do a contest to see who would make a better girlfriend/bride for him.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 07:47:50 pm »
dojinshi ftw btw you get that idea from Genshiken im just curious XD ogi is pure win

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:44 am »
dojinshi ftw btw you get that idea from Genshiken im just curious XD ogi is pure win

A...are you talking to me? No I didn't get the idea from Genshiken. I have heard of Genshiken, but I've never seen it (oddly I have seen Kujubiki Unbalanced which has the Genshiken OVA on it, but I can't watch it because I haven't seen it or read the manga)

Anyway I need to know whos avalible as an artist, whos a writer, and whos able to do both.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 12:59:35 am »
well i can try i got manga studio but never opened the box lol and some other comic making programs lol kujibiki was pretty good lol check on box for the anime or MT for the manga which i prefer  any way i know im good at quality checking but ill give art/story a go lol and end up picking 1
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:20:46 am by Corpse69 »