Author Topic: Lynx/Dark Serge's Having Kid Around  (Read 8681 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Lynx/Dark Serge's Having Kid Around
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 10:22:53 pm »
That doesn't really bother me. If you think about it, it makes sense. If one of your friends suddenly transformed into the spitting image of Adolf Hitler, wouldn't you be a bit hesitant to start walking around with him? I'd at least tell him to shave the stache or something.

Well, if I joined Serge, watched the whole Fort Dragonia events, and then he comes back to Another World in Lynx's body, I would have rejoined him. I know he is really Serge as having witness the whole thing, so why would I hesitate?

Although that is what I would do. I understand if they hesitate, but I still don't like that they do. At least, the ones who were with him in Fort Dragonia.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:50 pm »
You wouldn't know it was Serge, though. You're basing your view on what you would know as someone who knows what went down in there. For all they know, Serge did go bad, only Kid discovered the truth, and she got brainwashed into going with Lynx.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 10:30:20 pm »
You wouldn't know it was Serge, though. You're basing your view on what you would know as someone who knows what went down in there. For all they know, Serge did go bad, only Kid discovered the truth, and she got brainwashed into going with Lynx.

Actually, they did found out.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 10:39:16 pm »
:picardno

Answer me this. Why do they not recognize him when he comes for them after getting out of the Temporal Vortex with Sprigg and Harle?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 10:40:39 pm »
I haven't played that far, but there's certainly text in the game script for it.

Example:
Pierre:
You are Serge.
Oh, what have you done to
incur god's wrath, to be
transformed into a beast
with such poor fur...
Ohh, how can this be...
Yet there is nothing that
moi can do for you...
Oh, what a crying shame...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 10:44:05 pm »
WTF? Why don't they try to help him get his body back?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 10:46:02 pm »
That's why I don't like it. Only if they were in Fort Dragonia would they know he is really Serge. Yet, they won't help him. Only Pip rejoins, even if he wasn't in Fort Dragonia.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 11:41:10 pm »
What I'd like to know is how the fuck Serge's skin got so dark after Lynx possessed his body. It looks like he's been hitting the tanning salons. Unfortunately, I can't seem to remember there being any.

Well, there's the hot tropical sun above the El Nido Islands... :picardno

Serge has lived on El Nido all his life, and goes from pale to orange overnight after Lynx takes his body? Rubbish. Methinks those Beach Bums from Opassa Beach start up their own tanning salon, called...Beach Bum Tanning! It all makes sense now.

Keep your whining out of my posts, V_Translanka.
~The Black Wind

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:29:36 pm by The Black Wind »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 02:29:27 am »
Seriously, dude.

He was obviously joking. Not a very good joke, but still.

I think most of the other characters don't rejoin him as Lynx because a part of them doubts that it's really Serge. Some of the characters change their dialogue if you had taken them to Fort Dragonia. Korcha for example says that he won't rejoin Serge because he can't forget what happened back there just yet, and can't bear to look at him in that body.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 05:05:26 am »
Simple explanation is game mechanics.  Many characters weren't present during the body swap, so yeah it made sense that they wouldn't trust Serge walkin' around in Lynx's body.  Now the characters that were present do know that Serge is trapped in Lynx's body now, but to individually make exceptions to the game script and allow them to be playable prior to Serge getting his real body back would be a pain in the ass.

thegreatentropy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:23 pm »
Simple explanation is game mechanics.  Many characters weren't present during the body swap, so yeah it made sense that they wouldn't trust Serge walkin' around in Lynx's body.  Now the characters that were present do know that Serge is trapped in Lynx's body now, but to individually make exceptions to the game script and allow them to be playable prior to Serge getting his real body back would be a pain in the ass.

I don't think that would be so difficult. As there is a variable to recognize that they were there at the Fort Dragonia incident, and play a different text based in it, they could just put in a event to reinsert that character into the party. So I think that the reasons were more plot-based, in that, besides the fact that they know who is really there, they can't put aside his appearance.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 10:56:11 pm »
I don't think that would be so difficult. As there is a variable to recognize that they were there at the Fort Dragonia incident, and play a different text based in it, they could just put in a event to reinsert that character into the party. So I think that the reasons were more plot-based, in that, besides the fact that they know who is really there, they can't put aside his appearance.
Maybe, but in addition to that I think the programmers wanted you to try out a bit of the other characters introduced in the second half.  Many would just stick to whoever they used through Viper Manor and Fort Dragonia if they had the chance.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 01:41:53 am »
Not entirely sure, since not everybody would rejoin you, just the ones who saw the whole thing in Fort Dragonia. One at least, three at maximun I think.

And you still have used the ones who join you for some time. And then you still have the time fighting the dragons and Home's Fort Dragonia.

And as a last thing, they wouldn't rejoin immediatly, you'll still have to find them and talk to them.

thegreatentropy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 05:35:31 pm »
Not entirely sure, since not everybody would rejoin you, just the ones who saw the whole thing in Fort Dragonia. One at least, three at maximun I think.

And you still have used the ones who join you for some time. And then you still have the time fighting the dragons and Home's Fort Dragonia.

And as a last thing, they wouldn't rejoin immediatly, you'll still have to find them and talk to them.

Two at maximum, actually, as the third spot would be Serge.

And before you could go back to another, you would get only two old members, and only if they joined AND were at fort Dragonia: Razzly and Home Poshul.

But that only something that we can dream about...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 06:01:41 pm »
Doesn't Glenn appears on the scene even if he is not in the current party? If he does, and he joined the party, then he would be the third. Need to comfirm this.