Author Topic: Lynx/Dark Serge's Having Kid Around  (Read 8821 times)

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Lynx/Dark Serge's Having Kid Around
« on: April 30, 2005, 01:57:16 am »
I'm at the point in my replay of CC where i have to get the dragon plates, and i though about how lynx keeps kid around (kid should've realized that dark serge/lynx STABBED her)

there's one line in CC aruond the time in which Lynx and Serge 'switch' bodies that implies that Serge and Lynx didn't SWITCH bodies, but that Serge's memories were sent to Lynx's body and vise-versa. Thus, when you play in Lynx's body you ARE playing as Lynx, but Lynx now feels as if he has been Serge for all his life, and Serge feels as if he has been Lynx.

I don't think that Lynx has any real reason to keep Kid around, I mean that he could've just killed her to hurt Serge. Maybe, somehow, Serge (as Dark Serge with Lynx's memories) hasn't forgotten his feelings for Kid, and wants to remain around Kid and instead controls her

I'm searching the CC Script that's on gamefaqs, but i'm downloading something so it stops loading (and the first time it stopped loading right at the place where it should be, when Harle talks to Lynx in that tower in the painting-like dimension)

I've always hated the Kid-Serge relationship, since I've always thought of Leena as Serge's true girlfiend, but if only they had decided to let Serge talk I think I'd be more accepting of Kid... my theory, however, makes it seems that Serge and Kid are 'destined' to be together, even if Serge is possed by 'fasle' (to him) memories

EDIT: i found it:
Harle: Ooh la lah... So, you still insist zat you are Serge, oui? Regardless your memoire az zis Serge... You may be able to rewrite it if you use ze Dragon Tear. In realite, you died 10 yearz ago in ze odder world. How can you say for sure zis iz ze real you? Maybe for you it is evident, but... I wonder if you ever really were Serge...? Furthermore... what waz zis Serge? A figure, a shape? A spirit? A soul? Where waz zis Serge?

It may be a minor detail, but i think it's important

and also, i think that it's important to note that Dark Serge implies that he's going to kill Kid while they're in the fort (he says that he's going to send her to meet Lucca), so something must've happened to change his mind

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 08:19:17 pm »
I'm almost completely sure that Serge and Lynx didnt transform into each other, but their minds simply switched.

And why would Dark Serge keep Kid around?  Well, Lynx(Serge) was still alive for all they knew, and Kid wants revenge on Lynx.  Lynx was basically just using her, playing on her hatred towards someone she thought she hates.

now, as for Dark Serge stabbing kid, shouldnt Kid remmber that, and put two and two together?  The game said that her pendant rewinds time a bit, and puts her into safety.  I'm pretty sure that she forgets everything that happens in the time prior to being pulled to safety, forgeting the short term memories.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 01:02:32 am »
I guess there's really no difference between their memories' being switched and their minds' being switched

I just don't see why Lynx would want to have Kid around when he could simply kill her and she wouldn't bug him again, but maybe he was forced to use her after trying to kill her several times... that makes more sense

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 12:25:21 pm »
why kill what you could exploit?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 02:30:05 pm »
because she's stupid, annoying, quick to fall to vengence, and talks with a weird accent

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:29:40 am »
dark serge used her because after serge and lynx switched bodys she thought that dark serge was serge and as Sentenal said why kill what you can exploit and Shadow_Dragon I believe you played the american version she may not have had the accent in the japanese version and as for stupid and quick to vengance so its just her personality you'd be quick to vengence if lynx killed your family

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 10:42:02 am »
Dark Serge kept Kid by his side so that she wouldn't learn that he was actually Lynx. Think about it, all the time after Lucca's orphanage was destroyed Lynx had this teenage girl trying to kill him. And she was a pretty good fighter. Now if you had the chance to keep a mortal enemy on your side instead of trying to kill you AND have them kill your other enemy would you take it? Hmm, thats a mystery.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 08:30:51 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
now, as for Dark Serge stabbing kid, shouldnt Kid remmber that, and put two and two together?  The game said that her pendant rewinds time a bit, and puts her into safety.  I'm pretty sure that she forgets everything that happens in the time prior to being pulled to safety, forgeting the short term memories.

Where exactly is this explained in the game?  By rewinding time do you mean just her memory or what?  I forget...
I also thought it was silly that Lynx/Dark Serge kept Kid alive, because she figured out the trick right before being stabbed.  But if she forgets that moment...

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 12:41:43 am »
its a fact that her pendant is what saves her from near-death situations, be it stabbing by dark serge, the orphanage fire, and so forth.  I says that it rewinds time a bit.  So, maybe that's why she seems to loose her short term memory...?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 10:50:01 pm »
First off, I'm seeing it here for the first time so, saridon, BITCHIN avy & sig banner man!

Quote from: Harle
Regardless your memoire az zis Serge... You may be able to rewrite it if you use ze Dragon Tear.

That first part doesn't sound right...Are you sure this is an accurate script? Or did you type it wrong? Well, anyhoo...The second part seems like she's just saying that he can change things back to the way they are (ie get his form back).

As to why Lynx would keep her around...Aside from what's already been mentioned, FATE (& thusly Lynx) are on a balancing act between sanity and insanity as far as I can tell...Take all the whacked shit Dark Serge says after he obtains Serge's form...Too many Mother Brain circuits.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 03:17:00 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
First off, I'm seeing it here for the first time so, saridon, BITCHIN avy & sig banner man!

:D thanks

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 04:59:54 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka

Quote from: Harle
Regardless your memoire az zis Serge... You may be able to rewrite it if you use ze Dragon Tear.

That first part doesn't sound right...Are you sure this is an accurate script? Or did you type it wrong? Well, anyhoo...The second part seems like she's just saying that he can change things back to the way they are (ie get his form back).

As to why Lynx would keep her around...Aside from what's already been mentioned, FATE (& thusly Lynx) are on a balancing act between sanity and insanity as far as I can tell...Take all the whacked shit Dark Serge says after he obtains Serge's form...Too many Mother Brain circuits.

It's definitely a mostly acurate quote, if not completely, since I do specifically remember it from the game

Recently, I haven't thought of FATE as insane to any degree, but that she was completely set on ensuring Lavos' defeat even if it meant taking away the world's (or at least El Nido's) free will, but that once she found out that she was created for a goal, she went through eveyrthing to try and break free from it and to do it she tried to take the frozen flame, which she had in her grasp, although she was never able to get it because her being 'controlled' and destined prevented it... I haven't played the part of the game in Chornopolis, so some of my theories may be based on false memories

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 01:56:33 am »
If possible, refer to Sheamon's transcript located on GameFAQs when quoting from the game.  GameFAQs doesn't allow direct linking to the faqs, but you will find it under Chrono Cross FAQs.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »
Well, for one, the game does suggest that FATE is a tad bit nutso because of it being based around the old Mother Brain program.

As for the accuracy of that script...I asked because I thought 'memoire' wasn't the right word...but now I think it is...

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 02:39:36 pm »
"memoire" is a french word for memory too and I think Harle has a french accent (wierd eh? why?) so it wouldn't surprise me that she said memoire