Author Topic: A somewhat fanfic by an amateur (me)  (Read 1426 times)

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A somewhat fanfic by an amateur (me)
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:48:16 pm »
I am a complete amateur at writting. Please forgive me if this becomes unbearable to read.

This story is not supposed to be cannon, but rather Schala's interpretation...sort of

Schala (as Kid's alternate black costume) sailing through an endless desert of sand on a small
sailboat. Clear skies and sun beating down, she journeys to an enormous pillar in the far
distance. Calming zephyrs carry the craft over the dunes- an easy feat with a single passenger.
Suddenly, the ground erupts. A dragon-like creature emerges in such haste, resulting with what
can only be described as a tsunami of dust. The beast, with wings akimbo, hovers in mid-air,
encompassing our heroine in it's eclipse. She struggles to keep her vessel aloft in the midst
of the cataclysm. Everything becomes silent as the clouds slowly dissipate.

The fiend speaks "What business have you here, little Hume?"

It descends with caution, and continues it's monologue "My solemn duty is to protect these sands of time.
Those who steal these sands are punished with their lives"

Schala answers "I am not here for these sands... I only wish to enter the pillar"

The surprised being softly lands on the sand bed "Oh? And how do you propose on doing
such? That place is impossible to enter- even for us Wyrms. There's nothing here for you, Hume. I
suggest you return whence you came"

Schala sighs "I can't. This is the place of exile that was chosen for me. Besides... I haven't a clue how to return home"

Then the Wyrm sighs "Impossible ambitions for impossible beings. I've no choice in such a matter- I will accompany you. I am amused, yet puzzled as to your presence here. Furthermore, I must ensure that these
sands remain where they lay- any consequences would be catastrophic"

“I apologize. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Schala. Pleased to meet you”

A bright flash radiates in front of her, and shrinks rapidly into a ball of light. The Wyrm emerges from this light in a male humanoid form. “Likewise. I’ve bestowed the name…”

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: A somewhat fanfic by an amateur (me)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »
LOL I fail. Had this crazy idea of Schala in an hourglass, where the sand represented time, the bottom of the glass would be the material plane, Wyrms created worm holes in time (gates), and the top half of the glass would represent the DBT. Lavos would sit in DBT, but doesn't want time to stop, so he warps the hourglass and moves the nozzle towards the material plane to gather time. Thus, resulting in two demensions of time. This wouldn't happen until Schala fused with Lavos, which would happen when she reached the pillar...

I fail so bad.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:26:20 pm »
Don't think you fail just because nobody replied to your thread; art derives its worth at least partially from entertaining its creator. I think you just posted it today, so you may yet get substantive feedback (I haven't yet read it; I've been backlogged on my fan readings for the longest time).

But believe me, I'm sure it doesn't fail nearly as much as some of the Flea-and-Magus oriented fan fiction I wrote in fifth grade. Heheheheh.

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:27 pm »
I've been listening to "Malaguena Salerosa" by Chingon all day... I got too anxious and let it all out. It was basically some subconscious tribute to spaghetti westerns, and recent episodes of Bleach running through my head. My fingers just aren't meant for typing, apparently..

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:36:04 am »
I just read it. It's interesting, I'd like to see where you go with it. Is it some kind of a dream? A coma? Is it what Schala is seeing while she's being absorbed? Or perhaps when she's traveling on her way to the DBT? Please continue.

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 04:00:36 pm »
I'm just not really into it anymore. But here's the gist of what would've happened:

Azala (in pillar) calling Lavos to stop time from ending, Lavos clogs the nozzle (gets stuck), the Frozen Flame breaks off and sinks in the sand, Schala uncontrollably levitates towards Lavos after the Ocean Palace crumbles (or whatever), then the Black Omen arises towards Lavos at a faster pace than Schala. CT party defeats Black Omen and Lavos, Lavos retreats to the DBT (top of hourglass) with Schala (becomes Time Devourer), then it warps the hourglass and moves the nozzle down and fills the top half with some sand (bottom half completely). A wyrm gets stuck in the nozzle during the warp. The bottom half of the hourglass represents Serge's home, as it has no future with the Time Devourer and time has stopped flowing.