Poll

If a petition is made for SE, would you sign it?

Yes
14 (53.8%)
No
2 (7.7%)
Not too Sure yet
2 (7.7%)
It won't help
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 13, 2009, 08:02:22 pm

Author Topic: Petition for SE  (Read 7256 times)

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
Petition for SE
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:22 pm »
I am planning on writing a petition for SE to show how much their fans want this sequel to be released, The petition is almost done, all i need is for ZeaLitY to give me the thumbs up for the Compendium to be the sponsor.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for SE
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:05:05 pm »
I voted yes but I don't think it would help.  There needs to be a formal ban on Square Enix products and merchandise or something.  Like with a localized focus and an official mission statement.

Dinos

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:00 pm »
I will sign, I think we need to let square know tho that we are extremely displeased by this, and if our petition is not at least considered, we are boycotting SE products. 

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:55 pm »
Someone on digg contacted me saying they bought the domain savecrimsonechoes.com and he plans on putting a petition on there.  Since that name is....pretty perfect we will probably direct people there if they want to sign a petition.

Has a petition ever worked though......ever?

--JP

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »
I don't think we need to boycott their stuff (not that I've bought anything by Square in a while), but I wouldn't mind signing a petition. But I doubt they'll take online petitions seriously, gimme a physical petition and I'll sign the hell out of it.

Go ahead and make it though.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
there is no domain name/server/url period called savecrimsonechoes.com

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »
I doubt you'll get the compendium to sponsor it, considering that one of the founding principles was :

6. The site will not support fan petitions1

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 08:31:00 pm »
even for such a big ordeal?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 08:33:29 pm »
Here is their reasoning:
¹ - Some fans may be shocked at first with this proposal. After all, if we're fans of the series, why wouldn't we want another game by petioning? Fan petitions fail to spread a positive image of the fan community -- they are in fact detrimental. There are many ways to indicate interest in a new game, but "petitioning" to "demand" a new game, or a remake, makes us out to be a bunch of infantile, rabid fans biting at the heels of Square Enix. Worse yet, such fans are usually too picky to bite when they finally get what they want. We don't even know what negative connotations consumers petitioning would have when carried over in translation. So if you're in charge of such a fan petition project, don't ask the Compendium to help with your publicity. If you really want influence in the company, start buying shares.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:40:15 pm by KebreI »

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 08:38:59 pm »
 :picardno time to think....

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:26 pm »
I am the one who registered savecrimsonechoes.com

the DNS will fully propagate by tomorrow morning.  I plan on collecting as much data as possible for fans to use to contact SE about this injustice.  I will be compiling everything I can to help this whole thing.  This includes a petition that anyone will be able to sign and comment on.

If you can help me write an official petition statement of what us fans think I will use it.  I have some rough drafts but need a little help. 

If you have anything to contribute to the site as well, please email admin@savecrimsonechoes.com

The whole point of the site is to raise awareness on what square is doing and how it is a large corporation that has loyal fans they are alienating.  There is no financial gain from this and as a longtime SE and RPG fan I am outraged over their actions and feel they are flexing their muscles against the little guy.  This is a tribute to CT and Square.  It is a form of flattery.  This is art.  It deserves to be shared.

-AO

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 12:02:03 am »
If someone can help AO make a nice sounding statement for the petition that would help.

one paragraph should suffice.

--JP

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 12:13:47 am »
Why stop with a petition then? We might as well have everyone who would sign the petition send emails to various Square Enix emails in an attempt to appeal for the series. Although we'd really have no way to regulate what they say...and things could get inflammatory fast...

You know what, nix my email idea. I just want to bombard SE with evidence of the mounds of support we have. ROM hackers and Chrono fans are all voicing their annoyance for the most part, think of how much louder it would be if it was a collective scream...although it'd probably just fall on deaf ears.

BLAH.

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15:33 am »
that's the idea of a savecrimsonechoes.com

I'll have a section for comments, etc.  I'm making a one-stop place for the CT fans to gather and express their feelings about all this.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 12:20:19 am »
Has anyone seen the digg website?  The comments are awesome.  There's so much dissatisfaction with Square Enix throughout the comments.  Some of them are over the top and malicious, others are grounded and quite phenomenal.  I think we need to collect some of these quotes and present them to Square Enix to let them see and hear how dissatisfied us - their customers - truly are.  They need to know.  They need to realize the damage they have done.