Poll

If a petition is made for SE, would you sign it?

Yes
14 (53.8%)
No
2 (7.7%)
Not too Sure yet
2 (7.7%)
It won't help
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 13, 2009, 08:02:22 pm

Author Topic: Petition for SE  (Read 7429 times)

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for SE
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 05:21:37 pm »
We need to have this spread out to the Japanese and Spanish community. Also, bombard all of the Final Fantasy fan sites who don't despise the Chrono series.

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »
savecrimsonechoes.com will be a central location with all squares contacts, etc and explained what happened....

the petition is just one section of the site.

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:55 pm »
Ok this is all I'm going to do until I get art that i can use for the design of the site.

There is a very crude working petition up right now

I need some language from the fanbase...

I will integrate it much better in due time, right now it's a edited script at the very minimum just to get it live.  I just need fan art banners, etc to make this look better.  I can work on art myself but I just don't have time at the moment.

admin@savecrimsonechoes.com
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:36:57 pm by musick »

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 05:35:14 pm »
I'd rather you not post the site's url in every other post. I'm sure we all know where to go by now.

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 05:37:56 pm »
no problem, I'm a bit OCD, I apologize.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:09 pm »
It's alright. Just try to refrain from posting the url and email as best as you can.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 06:45:00 pm »
wow, You know, I don't think it will work...  But I'll admit there is a chance.  If I was given some footage of the game I could probably make some kind of music video for the site.  Because, music videos get everybody pumped up.

musick

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:44 pm »
that would be awesome...anything I can get to fill this site out would be appreciated.

The petition is up, I still need some actual language for it rather than just the description, and after that I'll get to work on the rest of the site.

Thanks for all your help.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 07:56:04 pm »
musick, looking good! I'll whip up a quick paragraph and post it here; probably best if the petition language flows smoothly from what you've already got there, so it would be one paragraph between your description and the "sign petition" form. I think?

If anyone else wants to do a little writeup too, the more the merrier. We can always combine our powahs.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:49 pm »
I was the second one to sign it. I'm glad to see that the numbers of people who've signed has increased since then.

Needless self importance; I made the banner up top. ^_^

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »
And #8 to sign the petition!  I hope this will give CE a chance

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:39 pm »
You would be happy to know that I am #10 to sign.

Did someone Digg, Reddit, and 4chan this? Oh, be sure to include the site in a reply to the already existing threads on the respective sites ;) .

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »
WOOOO CANADIAN PRIDE!!!! (Only canadian on petition as of yet.)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 08:56:34 pm »
Here's what I'll submit as an initial suggestion for the petition's language:

We, the undersigned Chrono fans, have hungered for official new material in the franchise for a decade. The re-release of Chrono Trigger on the Nintendo DS in 2008 gave us hope of future entries in the series, but since its release we have received no further indication of Square Enix's interest in continuing the franchise.

Absent an official addition to the Chrono series, fans have speculated upon the possible resolutions and continuances of an intellectual property that has captured their imaginations and inspired new artistic dreams. The Chrono fan community has realized its dreams through entire volumes of fan fiction, fan art, interactive Flash projects, and even games created with the popular RPGMaker game engine. We feel that our right to interpret and enjoy the discontinued Chrono franchise should also extend to modification of the Super Nintendo game we lawfully purchased while it was still in circulation. We acknowledge no financial harm to the intellectual property holder in the release of a modification to backups of the legally purchased Super Nintendo game, and therefore ready ourselves to defend our right through our power as consumers.

We, the undersigned, pledge to boycott the purchase of Square Enix games released after May 8, 2009, for all platforms, until such time as Square Enix either rescinds its Cease and Desist against Crimson Echoes and SNES-era modification or announces its official intention to continue its Chrono franchise and provide fans the resolutions they seek.

Yeah, three times as long as I originally planned. Plus, I'm wondering whether any of it sounds tacky or unclear. Comments? Edits?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:00:08 pm by FaustWolf »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 08:58:41 pm »
Sounds good -- I'll sign.