Author Topic: Kajar Labs thread  (Read 1063 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Kajar Labs thread
« on: May 16, 2009, 12:55:42 pm »
Where'd it go?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Kajar Labs thread
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:03:07 pm »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 01:41:40 pm »
I really need to sic my maniacal neighbor on their asses. If they shut down MY project, it won't be so much need, as much as it is will.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:31:59 pm »
If you see a major change to the Compendium, read the News and Updates forum before making a thread about it.
Besides, it wasn't just your project that got sacked. So, why not try converting it to fanfiction or flash? Anything other than ROM hacking is still fine.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:02:15 pm »
I remember Schala's project being a PC game. The non-ROM-hacking threads haven't been pulled out of the defunct Kajar Labs yet.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 03:09:56 pm »
It is a PC game. Just saying if they shut me down... well... I'd be willing to risk prison getting them back for it. In prison, there's no freedom, yet if you're oppressed by soulless money-munching corporations, why bother?

Besides, CT:CE and CT:PG's Achilles heel was closed sourceness... well.. it was modifying a binary file. My project will distribute the source code, public-domain. Sure, I could accredit myself, but pfft. If anyone wants to put their own credits on the source code or try selling it, SE will be on them, so.. best be safe.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:16:21 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »
We just need to let things chill for a while right now. When everything is settled down, we'll take out the projects that aren't ROM hacking related, like sprites, stories, computer programs, and (most importantly for me) the CT stageplay thread.

Just relax for now.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:10:37 am »
We took Kajar Labs down entirely in order to comply with Square Enix's demands. However, that action was wider-reaching than was necessary, and there is an excellent likelihood that a successor board to Kajar Labs will be inaugurated sometime in the next month or so. All fan projects not affected by the Cease & Desist letter would be welcome to return at that time. In the meantime, you'll just have to sit tight for a while.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:19:42 am »
The short story is this: Z will put back Kajar at some point, along with all the threads that are "harmless enough". He said so : p.

Anyway, my JAPANESE fandub is actually coming along! I have all the voices necessary for the first part. At some point, I will finish animating it and then post it in this thread, I suppose. Either that, or I'll start a new thread somewhere in general discussion (maybe?) till my other one comes back.