Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 52215 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: C&D: Director's Response
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:26 am »
No, do not go all vigilante. Also we can't work on CE because regardless that they had misinformation SE still has made there stance. Agent12 should just take note of this and use it to bolster his own argument.

Seph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2009, 01:13:04 am »
That may be but you never know they may acknowledge the misinformation and give the go ahead but the odds in that are low at best.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:30 am »
You think Square might soften their stance in such a way that they can still be seen to be defending their IP and still let people play the game? Like saying "you can't officially work on this or release it, but we won't sue you if it leaks", that type of thing?

Seph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:46 am »
.... Maybe if you bothered to read my post, I said they might give the go ahead witch means a lift on the C&D and I also said the odds are low at best so no I don't think they will, but being optimistic about things never hurts.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2009, 01:22:56 am »
As long as the probability is above 0...

Well, you can't give up hope.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:39 am »
We can only hope they lift the C&D untill then we need to keep the subject alive.
.... Maybe if you bothered to read my post, I said they might give the go ahead witch means a lift on the C&D and I also said the odds are low at best so no I don't think they will, but being optimistic about things never hurts.
I think they where twisting the statement about "working on" what's important...by that I met conviniceing them to change their minds not working on the game.
As long as the probability is above 0...

Well, you can't give up hope.
Exactly! YEAH!

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:49 am »
I think Square covertly making some kind of agreement not to sue if it leaks is the best-case scenario for both sides (outside of making CE some kind of official Wiiware release which is not going to happen). The team can release the game (definitely not in the way they'd have liked to do it, but still), and Square can claim that they protected their IP and that some rogue hacker torrented the game, and that instead of suing the CE team they'll just toss around some threats to sue anyone distributing the torrent.

Seph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:48 am »

I think they where twisting the statement about "working on" what's important...by that I met conviniceing them to change their minds not working on the game.

I know what you meant and I agreed :P

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2009, 03:00:46 am »
I am very disturbed by this AlienatOr and he's claimed he's not alone:

(from Kagero Studios)

Alienat0r  Posted: May 17, 2009 12:50 pm   

Group: Banned
Member No.: 157

How very perceptive of you, Timekitten. But also how terribly naive of you to confuse me with Him.

Originally, he was going for Crisis. It pleasured us greatly when Crisis died, but frustration came again when Lena decided to start off on her own. However, CE was also nearing completion and becoming a problem. I went through the slight trouble of sending a couple of e-mails to Square Enix, filling them up with a small lie here and there to tempt them. I never imagined they would really make a move, though. But what was far greater was the shock that arrived here and the newly assembled Ark team deciding to drop the Chrono name. Truly, things have worked out far better then we could have imagined.

And as such, both Crisis and Ark have finally come to an end. You have been a fine amusement to everyone, and it pleasures me greatly so see this happen.

Now, press on with your, what was it, "Praxis"? Or was it Devil Theory?

I sincerely hope you won't forgive me.

Bye-bye. 

...I'm a bit worried. I can't believe that e-mail he wrote- even if the e-mail is fake he's still an Arse for screwing with us. (though I think its real)

If the e-mail is real it does explain a few things. . .I did think it was odd that in the cease and desist letter it stated: "We understand you claim a copyright to CT:CE"

Glenn27

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2009, 03:44:48 am »
Man, F that guy.  Somebody needs to cyberstalk HIM and get all his personal information and use it against him.

Anyway, to SE, please don't judge the modding group itself by us members.  Some of us are more fanatical and fanboyish than others but at the end of the day, just judge the group for what it is and the members of it are, not by us fanboys on the boards.

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2009, 04:01:40 am »
Man now I'm really pissed. Everything about this is now coming together in such a way that I personally see almost no way of this being fake. To quote a great scene from Spaceballs:

Dark Helmet-Who is he?
Colonel Sandurz-He's an Asshole sir.
Dark Helmet-I know that but what's his name?
Colonel Sandurz-That is his name sir! Major Asshole.

I too am almost tempted to get 4Chan in on this but as we all know they thrive on chaos and that has nearly as much potential for blowing up in our face as it does for making his internet live hell. In any event I want to hear Faust's (or anyone else close to the project) thoughts on this matter in light of the new info. Plain and simple this was a set up. Granted at the end of the day the chances are not in our favor for the release of CE but one would think in light of this that at the very least presenting this info to Square Enix might get them off the Compendium's back and keep them from doing further legal action.

Glenn27

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2009, 04:18:39 am »
I would not go to 4Chan- revenge against this person can wait.  Besides that "they are not your personal army" as 4Chan likes to say, you can't really control 4Chan and any attempts to do so would likely backfire.  Best to leave them be at the moment.

But forget that asshole for now, we have more important things to worry about.

Right now the creators need to properly explain things to SE.

Hopefully, now that this asshole has openly admitted what he has done- successfully trolling and lying to SE and creating this mess- perhaps SE would be willing to back down given that they acted in haste based off of deliberate misinformation by someone seeking to cause chaos. 

Surely, since their cease and desist was based off of information which has been shown to be deliberately untrue to rile them up, easing up on things would be more tenable for SE.  It wouldn't be seen so much as a 180 as it would be a reassessment of the situation.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2009, 04:24:46 am »
Everything can be connected if you look hard enough, don't go trying to find a scapegoat people.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2009, 05:26:13 am »
Man now I'm really pissed. Everything about this is now coming together in such a way that I personally see almost no way of this being fake. To quote a great scene from Spaceballs:

Dark Helmet-Who is he?
Colonel Sandurz-He's an Asshole sir.
Dark Helmet-I know that but what's his name?
Colonel Sandurz-That is his name sir! Major Asshole.

I too am almost tempted to get 4Chan in on this but as we all know they thrive on chaos and that has nearly as much potential for blowing up in our face as it does for making his internet live hell. In any event I want to hear Faust's (or anyone else close to the project) thoughts on this matter in light of the new info. Plain and simple this was a set up. Granted at the end of the day the chances are not in our favor for the release of CE but one would think in light of this that at the very least presenting this info to Square Enix might get them off the Compendium's back and keep them from doing further legal action.

I don't mean to stir things up further, but what do you mean by "get 4Chan in on this"? Isn't 4Chan just a site with lulz images?

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2009, 05:59:28 am »
I don't mean to stir things up further, but what do you mean by "get 4Chan in on this"? Isn't 4Chan just a site with lulz images?

To keep it short let's just say 4Chan is famous for more than lulz, cat pics and Rick Rolling. From my understanding they've also got a rep for having a fair share of hackers/assholes and have been known to really make life hell for people they deem deserving. Some of the pranks they claim to have pulled can range from harmless (Rick Rolling is said to have started there) to downright mean and damaging (such as this C&D).

As I said before it's tempting but they like chaos. Either they would see him as a huge jerk or a hero. Plus they don't like to be anyone's "army" for revenge. If 4Chan ever did get wind of this and started something then there's no telling what could happen. Dealing with them is like opening Pandora's Box. Something good may or may not come out of it but in the end someone is still getting fucked.

Once again it's tempting but it's far from worth it :-/