Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 51563 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: C&D: Director's Response
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:36 pm »
I've taken a bold step and e-mail SE....*waits ten seconds* this is killin' Mikey!

But really I did...I wonder if I e-mailed the right address. It doesn't matter, they wil most certainly ignore me either way.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2009, 09:31:22 pm »
The email address on Alienat0r's email from SE isn't shown. Is there anything to stop someone from saying their name is "Square Enix Customer Support"?
Also, it doesn't actually say when the email was received.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2009, 09:50:26 pm »
There isn't, but whether or not their e-mail address is on there, it doesn't increase or reduce the chance of it being a fake. Besides, if it's real he probably edited it out like he did with some other stuff.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »
Interesting new development there, the two links he posted (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26842157 and http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/179058758/p1/?0) do correspond to the time of that email possibly being sent--both the gamespot and ign posts were at the same time.

What a tool.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2009, 11:10:02 pm »
Guys um I got a....response.. (Mind you I use Yahoo so the set up is diffrent.)

---

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that the announcement you are referring to do not meet your expectations. Your information will be forwarded to my superiors. We do cherish the support and opinion from our customers and look forward to hearing your remarks regarding our upcoming games.

Thanks,
Neil- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

---

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:35 pm »
We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that the announcement you are referring to do not meet your expectations. Your information will be forwarded to my superiors. We do cherish the support and opinion from our customers and look forward to hearing your remarks regarding our upcoming games.

Thanks,
www.square-enix.com

---

What? Either a bot or he didn't read the e-mail.

Seph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:51 pm »
Interesting new development there, the two links he posted (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26842157 and http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/179058758/p1/?0) do correspond to the time of that email possibly being sent--both the gamespot and ign posts were at the same time.

What a tool.

You forgot to add that the user that posted the comments only had 1 post on each site:

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/179058758/p1/?0

Hellspawns
collection | wishlist

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26842157

Hellspawns

Level 1
Player
------------------

and on one site it show's his joined date witch was only last month. It's almost as if he/she made that account just to mislead or so that he would have prof to go with his E-Mail assuming that it was indeed the same person.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:26:39 pm by Seph »

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:42 pm »

Thanks,
www.square-enix.com

---

What? Either a bot or he didn't read the e-mail.

It's nice that you highlight the parts that make him sound bad. Actully it kinda fit's into the message I sent. But I am much to embarresed to show anyone so I cut it out. Only Agent 12 will see it since I PM'd it to him.
I personally found it rather polite considering it took only a few hours (actully about 9)
See below for where you can find the e-mail adress and try sending a polite e-mail like I did.
http://www.square-enix.com/na/support/live/

He mentioned other games because I mentioned them (trying to be poilte) saying I was a fan of their games (which isn't really a lie)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2009, 11:44:16 pm »
You forgot to add that the user that posted the comments only had 1 post on each site:

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/179058758/p1/?0

Hellspawns
collection | wishlist

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26842157

Hellspawns

Level 1
Player
------------------

and on one site it show's his joined date witch was only last month. It's almost as if he/she made that account just to mislead or so that he would have prof to go with his E-Mail assuming that it was indeed the same person.
Righto, I was kinda hinting at that. In fact, I should have just blatantly said that these accounts were created solely for those messages and that those messages were created solely for Alienat0r's supposed email. Although the veracity of the email is still ambiguous, it puts many things in perspective. He lied outright about the team charging for this product, which may have caused SE to send the C&D in the first place.

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2009, 12:29:56 am »
And here I thought SE were just being a-holes. I'll show that dumb*** alienator...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2009, 12:43:10 am »
And here I thought SE were just being a-holes. I'll show that dumb*** alienator...

See what did I say before... and everyone was ready burn them at the stake for being evil demons. I knew there was a reason, we need to see things from a diffrent light. They where misinformed. Of course now that the big wheels of bussiness have turned it may be impossible to save CE....BUT WE MUST NOT GIVE UP!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2009, 12:48:56 am »

See what did I say before... and everyone was ready burn them at the stake for being evil demons. I knew there was a reason, we need to see things from a diffrent light. They where misinformed. Of course now that the big wheels of bussiness have turned it may be impossible to save CE....BUT WE MUST NOT GIVE UP!
That's actually very likely, I just read the thread at Crisis arkwhatever, plus I've seen the others before. After piecing a few things together it does seem like a legitimate claim.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2009, 12:50:40 am »
Here's the thing, though. If, and ONLY if Alienator is solely responsible for this whole situation, he's obviously doing it to be a giant asshole and a troll. In that case, he WANTS people to flame him, because that's what trolls do.

The ONLY people who could deal with Alienator over the internet in such a way that he would not enjoy it is /b/ at 4chan. They could ruin/severely disrupt his life, and though he might be enough of a masochistic troll that he'd enjoy the attention for a while, eventually he'd probably be disrupted enough to regret what he did.

The thing is, 4chan lives off of trolling and internet drama. So even if we appealed to 4chan to raid Alienator, they might just regard him as a conquering hero. Instead of getting a raid, he might get a PArade from 4chan.

This is all assuming he's actually responsible for all this.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2009, 12:54:28 am »
Here's the thing, though. If, and ONLY if Alienator is solely responsible for this whole situation, he's obviously doing it to be a giant asshole and a troll. In that case, he WANTS people to flame him, because that's what trolls do.

The ONLY people who could deal with Alienator over the internet in such a way that he would not enjoy it is /b/ at 4chan. They could ruin/severely disrupt his life, and though he might be enough of a masochistic troll that he'd enjoy the attention for a while, eventually he'd probably be disrupted enough to regret what he did.

The thing is, 4chan lives off of trolling and internet drama. So even if we appealed to 4chan to raid Alienator, they might just regard him as a conquering hero. Instead of getting a raid, he might get a PArade from 4chan.

I say the best way to handle this is infact to just work on getting CE back on track and ignoreing that idiot. Who care about a troll they only get off on you paying them mind anyway.
COME ONE PEOPLE LET'S WORK ON WHAT REALLY MATTERS!

Seph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2009, 01:07:26 am »
I think the more I look at this the more I think that E-Mail was in fact real, but there is also noway of confirming that the E-Mail is indeed real in less we hear it from someone in SE or someone in contact with them.

I say the best way to handle this is infact to just work on getting CE back on track and ignoreing that idiot. Who care about a troll they only get off on you paying them mind anyway.
COME ONE PEOPLE LET'S WORK ON WHAT REALLY MATTERS!

I agree he started trouble to either get back at someone or to just start trouble, either way he's not worth the effort the main thing is to "work on getting CE back on track" like the overlord said.