Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 52463 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: C&D: Director's Response
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2009, 07:35:46 pm »
Well, it means that "upper management" (I think I'm the only one who calls them that) is working on it.  Which means they're doing something, but we don't know what.  Probably better that way, anyway.  It helps keep our emotions from being a rollercoaster, and it keeps out out of the "professionalism" they're aiming before (because I can see quite a few of us around here acting in a completely unprofessional manner).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »
Let's not start yet another rumor cascade, folks. All we're doing is working with Square Enix to finalize the details of our compliance with their demands, and grappling with the community outrage at the shutdown of this wonderful project.

It is tantalizing to reveal information when one is "in the know," which is why Faust said he's "not at liberty" to talk about it. Really, however, there's not much to talk about. We can't talk about our conversations with SE because SE doesn't want us to, because they like to think they're in control of the way this little controversy unfolds. Fine, more power to 'em. But if we could talk about those conversations, you'd probably find it pretty boring.

If anything exciting does eventually come up, I'm sure that Agent 12 will post about it here in the News board. But all the juiciest details are public already: The dev team got a C&D, they're complying with it, and therefore we had to shut down Crimson Echoes on the eve of its release.

May your restless imaginations be at peace.  :|

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2009, 08:05:05 pm »
xD I think FW logged off just for me.  Anyway, what do you think Zeality's been doing?  I haven't seen him since his thread warning Beta testers about what would happen if they leak CE.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »
ZeaLitY is in Europe on a Springtime of Youth mission.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:57 pm »
Fighting buddhist-themed determination-opposed aliens in another dimension.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »
Interesting.  He's really into that Spring time of youth thing ain't he?  *Off topic post is off topic xP*

Glenn27

« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2009, 08:32:23 pm »
Someone really needs to sic' 4Chan on Alienator and have them Kenny Glenn the hell out of that fucker.

Yes, I know 4Chan's not anyone's personal army but I'm sure there are more than enough Chrono Trigger fans to warrant interest in Kenny Glenn'ng the guy.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »

No.  Screw SE.  They're not the same company anymore, and the games they make nowadays suck anyway.  I mean, who "makes a whole new game" by adding on to games over 10 years old?  It just ruins the old game.  Yes, I'm talking about CT DS.  I didn't buy it and refuse to now.  Hell, even though I bought a PS3 in part for the sake of getting FFvsXIII this year, I think I'll just boycott the game. Screw SE.

No they are indeed the same company, Square merged with another company witch give them a bunch of new staff, and management.... sadly after all these years they have just lost their touch, and most likely fired most of the old staff and/or they retired after so many years of ass kicking game making...

No, I meant they're not the same company in spirit.  Actually, they physically probably aren't the same people anymore anyway besides Uematsu, who will be working for them until he dies while composing or on stage...  but that's besides the point.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2009, 08:39:57 pm »
Someone really needs to sic' 4Chan on Alienator and have them Kenny Glenn the hell out of that fucker.

Yes, I know 4Chan's not anyone's personal army but I'm sure there are more than enough Chrono Trigger fans to warrant interest in Kenny Glenn'ng the guy.

Considering all the drama this situation has caused, I think 4chan would probably consider Alienator a conquering hero and would backraid anyone who tried to get them to raid him.

Glenn27

« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2009, 08:44:36 pm »
Which probably means that if anyone does try to get Alienator raided at 4Chan that it'd probably be Alienator, hoping to cause that to happen.

So, we should just ignore 4Chan and if anyone does that then simply direct 4Chan back at the person doing it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:47:27 pm by Glenn27 »

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
Let's not start yet another rumor cascade, folks. All we're doing is working with Square Enix to finalize the details of our compliance with their demands, and grappling with the community outrage at the shutdown of this wonderful project.

It is tantalizing to reveal information when one is "in the know," which is why Faust said he's "not at liberty" to talk about it. Really, however, there's not much to talk about. We can't talk about our conversations with SE because SE doesn't want us to, because they like to think they're in control of the way this little controversy unfolds. Fine, more power to 'em. But if we could talk about those conversations, you'd probably find it pretty boring.

If anything exciting does eventually come up, I'm sure that Agent 12 will post about it here in the News board. But all the juiciest details are public already: The dev team got a C&D, they're complying with it, and therefore we had to shut down Crimson Echoes on the eve of its release.

May your restless imaginations be at peace.

If that's the case, any sort of rumors could've been completely killed by the staff here just flat-out denying what was said instead of just editing posts. Because nothing was denied, we're going to hope against hope, and in fact, this post just now has less credibility than what was deleted last night.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2009, 09:22:21 pm »
If that's the case, any sort of rumors could've been completely killed by the staff here just flat-out denying what was said instead of just editing posts. Because nothing was denied, we're going to hope against hope, and in fact, this post just now has less credibility than what was deleted last night.

Less credibility? "In fact," you say? Whose facts are we talking about? Whose authority to judge are we talking about? Yours? Now that'd be an irony.

Hope against hope, if you like, but conspiracy theories won't get you very far in this community.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2009, 09:37:55 pm »

May your restless imaginations be at peace.  :|

I'm going to have to say I agree with this. I shant speak or debate about the topic any longer until the whole matter is resolved

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2009, 09:39:16 pm »
Oh. Ohhhhh.... you're right then, okay. Nevermind.

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:47 am »
 :picardno

Anyone can make a TL;DR version of what happened in those kajillion of pages?