Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 51528 times)

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
Re: C&D: Director's Response
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »
Ok, so this part we must not let out. We must not let this part be known on game news sites. Because this justifies Square shutting us down. We need to make it look like Square is to blame. So no more as to if it is real or not. We should dismiss this as fake, and continue to turn everyone against Square. Then if we can get some negotiation between Square and us that would be wonderful, our job is to get global video game recognition.
Actually, the fact that what was stated in that e-mail was massively factually incorrect gives SE less ground for shutting us down.  The best case is that (1) the e-mail is real and (2) we find out who actually sent it and go forward with a libel suit against them.

That said, it'd still be a massive waste of time potentially.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2009, 06:24:17 pm »
So those links in the message... My internet is being shoddy and loading very slowly...

Were they posts that claimed the game was for profit?

MDenham

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2009, 06:25:34 pm »
So those links in the message... My internet is being shoddy and loading very slowly...

Were they posts that claimed the game was for profit?
They claimed that the game was for profit, that Zeality was actually claiming the rights to the copyrights, and at least one other item that was total and complete BS that I can't remember at this time.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »
Ok, so this part we must not let out. We must not let this part be known on game news sites. Because this justifies Square shutting us down. We need to make it look like Square is to blame. So no more as to if it is real or not. We should dismiss this as fake, and continue to turn everyone against Square. Then if we can get some negotiation between Square and us that would be wonderful, our job is to get global video game recognition.

I'm pretty sure that the Compendium and its contributors would rather be seen as an honest group of people rather than a group of people trying to shut down a corporation.  This would probably not help our reputation, in my opinion...

I suspect that there's a libel case in there somewhere.

Once again, though a suit for libel is enticing and might sound nice, if the Compendium or ZeaLitY did something like that, it would be pretty counterproductive to "We're the goodguys" standing that we're going for...

MDenham

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »

Once again, though a suit for libel is enticing and might sound nice, if the Compendium or ZeaLitY did something like that, it would be pretty counterproductive to "We're the goodguys" standing that we're going for...
Actually, it's not - it's more of a "we're the good guys, but we're not going to stand for our good name being smeared by people who think that being an asshole on the Internet is funny" stance, which is what we should be leaning towards anyway.

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2009, 06:32:51 pm »
Seriously, I'm a bit mad...

Forum posts as advertisements??

And besides, if Square Enix was trying to make a sequel, and they did peek at CE, can't the CE team reassure them, via contract or something, that no charges will be pressed?

(the best case scenario would be a homage to all fans: hire the team or publish the game under Square Enix's wing... :) ?)

Still, any news? And can we confirm the legitimacy of the email post? This thing needs to be straighten out soon, or else everyone will be fed with lies and left cold and confused...

Is contact with SE established?

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:50 pm »

Actually, it's not - it's more of a "we're the good guys, but we're not going to stand for our good name being smeared by people who think that being an asshole on the Internet is funny" stance, which is what we should be leaning towards anyway.
It depends on if the would-be defendant is some rich guy in the suburbs (maybe?) or just some internet teenager in his mom's basement who is getting back at the cruel, cruel world that he lives in (more likely?).

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2009, 06:43:35 pm »
Its probably some wierdo who doesn't want to see a new chrono game as he believes its reputation and theories that he came up with will be ruined  >.>

But why spoil it for everyone ? Crimson Echoes expanded on the original game ...and didn't destroy anything . Hmmm have we ever had someone called Alienator at the compendium before ?

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2009, 06:50:46 pm »
Its probably some wierdo who doesn't want to see a new chrono game as he believes its reputation and theories that he came up with will be ruined  >.>

But why spoil it for everyone ? Crimson Echoes expanded on the original game ...and didn't destroy anything . Hmmm have we ever had someone called Alienator at the compendium before ?

I dunno. I kinda recognise it. lemme check

edit: nah, thats alienation
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1837
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:52:43 pm by IAmSerge »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2009, 06:52:30 pm »
Closest thing to Alienator is Alienation, who it seems just registered and that was it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:15 pm »
I think there's honestly an easy way to go about this.  I think the upper management (those prominately involved in the creation of the game) just needs to contact Square Enix and flat out explain the situation.  I think a conversation could do a lot of good.  That way the creators of the game should share their version of events, their intentions with the game, and ensure Square that Crimson Echoes is meant as nothing more than a piece of interaction fan fiction that in no way, shape, or form meant to produce income or attention away from Square Enix.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2009, 07:12:43 pm »
Boo, that is pretty much what the CE team hopes to accomplish. However, as I am personally not at liberty to explain further, I, uh, can't explain further.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2009, 07:16:05 pm »
As I'm sure that's exactly what they're doing.

;D

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2009, 07:24:51 pm »
Faust I swear to god... learn to log off xD Seriously, you're EVERYWHERE xD

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2009, 07:26:54 pm »
Boo, that is pretty much what the CE team hopes to accomplish. However, as I am personally not at liberty to explain further, I, uh, can't explain further.

Does that mean something IS happening ?!? gahhh I need some newwwss nooowww.