Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 51529 times)

Glenn27

Re: C&D: Directors' Response
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 pm »
Oh, one more thing- do not forget how SE shoved the middle finger to all Final Fantasy fans when they refused to release FX 10-3 to any countries except Japan.  Fuck SE for how they treat us fans!  This game poses no threat to their fucking profits!  Rather, it would renew interest in CT once again!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 05:45:50 pm »
If you read the first post you'd realize this was never "5 years of their live", so why give up part of it now. On a lighter note TF being left alone means there is still a shining beacon of hope!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 05:49:43 pm »
Oh I thought these things would go like in Phoenix Wright, and you just appear in court and you get a not guilty verdict  :?

anyway it's a pretty good idea, i mean a game where in zeality and the team go out on an adventure to battle evil game companies and save the internet

I wouldn't want to play a game with ZeaLitY as the main character. His brand of enthusiasm works well for boss battles, but I just don't want to have to go through a Springtime of Youth speech every time we encounter a spiky lemur or a poisonous flower. Plus, the special effects for his attacks would bankrupt us. =(

Heh, classic.

Glenn27

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »
This game will not simply disappear like an a person considered insignificant who is murdered in an alleyway.  Someday, it will rise again like a Phoenix from the ashes- it is far too rash of a decision for people who have copies to simply trash all this hard work and love and dedication.  And one day this game will be put up again, others who share that love will finish it and the world will be able to enjoy this piece of art.  Mark my words, SE will NOT crush the dreams of fans no matter how mercilessly hard they try!

And to those who fear SE, what matters most- your honor and integrity and doing the right thing?  Or simply sulking away in fear of a corporate behemoth while mumbling about having "respect" for that behemoth?

Fuck SE, if I had a copy of this game I would DEFINITELY release it to the world!  They can go kiss my ass and if they wanted to sue me well, I don't give a fuck!  Hell, I'd probably just find some anonymous way to release the game so that the assholes at SE would be clueless about it- and it wouldn't be anyone's fault but my own and SE couldn't do jackshit about it no matter how much money they spend to have lawyers speak fucking corporate lawyer bullshit talk to try and scare and intimidate people here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:59:16 pm by Glenn27 »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »
Crimson Echoes isn't dead yet, if you ask me. Somewhere, somehow, someone has a copy of it. We just can't release right now. We all need to calm down and think this through. I'd call SE myself and ask 'HEY YOU GUYS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU FREE PUBLICITY AND ALL THAT CRAP WHY DON'T YOU LET IT GO THROUGH BITCHES', but my sis just came in and took my phone. I'll probably never see it again...

Also, consider editing your posts instead of double posting, Glenn27. It's irritating.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 05:57:39 pm »
the next new guy who registers here and says chrono cross sucks im gonna smack across the face

several times

Glenn27

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:58:32 pm »
Ah, my apologies for that.  I don't usually double-post but I was just so angry I wanted to let my thoughts out immediately.  In future posts I will not double-post anymore.

lazerflesh

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 06:06:12 pm »
What if a person outside US law that helped with the project were to take the fall and release it. If it's coming from a source you 'couldn't control' than there really isn't to much that they can do- I hope.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:56 pm »
But it'd still go back to the main source, Zeality.  They practically know where he lives which is incredibly creepy and stalkerish...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 06:24:08 pm »
the next new guy who registers here and says chrono cross sucks im gonna smack across the face

several times

props, like, total props, dark me.

What if a person outside US law that helped with the project were to take the fall and release it. If it's coming from a source you 'couldn't control' than there really isn't to much that they can do- I hope.

The fact we are talking about it on this forum would be incriminating in itself if it was released anonymously, because of the "reasonable suspicion" that ZeaLitY or agent 22 could have seen this and decided to agree to doing it.  Even worse is that because of talk like this, if someone leaks the game under their own convictions, ZeaLitY and agent22 could still get in trouble.

All of these ideas of moving it to a russian server, releasing it anonymously, holding off and doing it in a year, or saying "Fuck You" to Square Enix and continuing on, have been brought up already.  Personally because of the lack of funding and legal backup that ZeaLitY, agent22, and the Compendium have, these ideas seem neither wise nor mature ways to handle the current situation.

Is Square being a bit unruly about this?  Yes, yes they are, in my opinion, but countering with one of the above ideas would just be even more foolish.  Right now, there's just about nothing you can really do to help unless, like Ramsus mused, you had a lawyer experienced in this kind of situation.  ZeaLitY and agent22 are doing they best they possibly can to try and resolve this.  The best we can do right now is to show them love and support.

Glenn27

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 06:36:48 pm »
There's one more thing I want to say.  To the creators of this game.... if this game is completely destroyed and many decades in the future your old selves were to acquire their own Epoch and visit their old selves and be asked, "what is your greatest regret in life?"  They would not say, "wasting our time on that game," they would say- "Our greatest regret is that we never were able to realize our Dream.  We allowed it to be crushed by bullies- if there was anything we could change, it would be the realization of our Dream and to be able to show courage in the face to threats and evil."

Should one of the beta-testers release this on their own, it would not be the fault of the creators.  Also, Square-Enix can't do too much of a dick-move without people turning against them.  They have to more receptive to fan responses than people against the RIAA.  They're acting as threatening and stalkerish as humanly possible to engage in fear and intimidation tactics to try to use terror tactics against the creators to incite as much fear in them as possible but it's not like they're ever going to hire the Yakuza to kill anyone Kill-Bill-style.

The creators have complied with SE.  Should a rogue beta-tester somehow release this game anonymously- oh well SE!  T'would not be the fault of the creators and there would be nothing SE could do to the creators, no matter how much bullshit their corporate whore lawyers are spewing at the mouth to try to scare and cow others into submission.

Remember, lawyers lie A LOT and they LOVE to imply shit that's not true!  Anyone ever read, "Game Over, press start to continue?"  It's about Nintendo's history.

A film study tried to trick Nintendo into thinking the studio owned the rights to Donkey Kong- in the end though they didn't and their lawyers were lying and trying to threaten and scare them!  Nintendo almost gave in!  Don't believe the hype from the Man and his servants, they tell you what they want you to believe!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:42:23 pm by Glenn27 »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 06:40:17 pm »
Someone should make a CE C&D FAQ so we can just point a hyperlink at it and say, "YOU ARE WRONG!" (and/or along with ZeaLitY's "NO U!" pig meme thingy)...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 06:42:48 pm »
You're overestimating the fanbase. Aside from the people who like Chrono Trigger or Cross, nobody cares about this, as evidenced by several replies on this news on other websites. Besides, part of even those people who do like Trigger or Cross, are not willing to spend too much effort trying to get to Square Enix. So what do we have, in the end? A handfull of Chrono Trigger and Cross nerds who are nagging at Square Enix and trying to boycot them. The only thing Square Enix will do in reply is laugh at us and crap in our faces.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 06:57:52 pm »
(not "Chrono Cross" which was terrible)

Well, you wouldn't have liked playing CE then.

Glenn27

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 07:01:55 pm »
Yes, I would have enjoyed it very much- especially having seen the videos of this game on Youtube.  The characters, new style, etc., CC just never really appealed to me. 

Let's not turn this into a flame-war about CC though and complaining about people who don't like it, this is all about the great game CE.