Author Topic: C&D: Director's Response  (Read 51555 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: C&D: Director's Response
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2009, 04:03:06 pm »
.   .   .

How about Square Enix of Japan just make a Wiiware game or whatever the hell they want. Honestly, it ticks me off too they decided to drop the bomb on you guys for your hard work (my word, five years) and look at the other rom games (fan games), most of them don't even get canned. Honestly I think Squenix of America is just a bunch of pussies whereas Squenix of Japan doesn't even know about this. Where's Kato when you need him?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2009, 11:17:03 pm »
He might know about it. There was a Gamefaqs post buy him, or supposed him.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2009, 11:52:27 pm »
Ha! I love taking every excuse I can to post this and remind everyone of the slight, slight possibility that Kato braved a GameFAQs forum to sympathize with the fanbase. Thanks ZealKnight!

EDIT: Hahaha, he even referred to the "Chrono spirit," which is something we've talked about on the forums here. Either someone from the Compendium or who's ghosted the Compendium forums heavily registered as one masato_kato as a joke, or Kato is really keeping an eye on us, and has been doing so for some time. The interesting thing is, I checked the masato_kato account on GameFAQs at the time and I could swear I saw it's been there for awhile, meaning it could not have been a spur-of-the-moment joke in that case. Even more mysteriously I can't seem to click on the name now to verify because the thread is archived.

You can see the archived thread here though. Anyone able to click on the masato_kato name and get more info?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=563538&topic=49848232&page=10
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:01:36 am by FaustWolf »

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2009, 01:05:32 pm »
It could be legit. It seriously could. The Grammar is very similar to Japanese grammar. Little plural and r and l are used interchangeably.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2009, 05:18:34 pm »
Well, I don't know about the GameFAQs side, but the Gamespot account side considers itself to have been created on July 2, 2009.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2009, 05:36:25 pm »
Forgot to check Gamespot. Well, that answers that.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2009, 02:19:25 pm »
There still lies the chance he made it, to post that comment.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2009, 03:55:03 pm »
It could be legit. It seriously could. The Grammar is very similar to Japanese grammar. Little plural and r and l are used interchangeably.

And only a native Japanese speaker could make a post displaying such characteristics.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2009, 08:30:17 pm »
r u making fun of me? Cuz if so ur being a dick.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »
The only way to get to the bottom of it is to score an interview with Kato himself. "Hey...was that you at GameFAQs that one day?" For now it will go into the annals of Chrono fan history as a fascinating mystery. One possible scenario is that it was someone from the Compendium or who ghosted the Compendium who decided to make the post at GameFAQs since there wouldn't be any forum account info for us to check out in that case. I think alts are typically tracked down and eliminated at GameFAQs, which would point away from the possibility of an already-registered GameFAQs user, but I'm honestly not sure how often they enforce any kind of no-alt account policy over there.

Anyway, that Kato might sympathize with the fanbase is still a powerful idea even in the likely scenario that the post is fake. Chrono fans have already received comments from Mitsuda that could be construed as supportive.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2009, 03:40:01 pm »
r u making fun of me? Cuz if so ur being a dick.

I think that you have presented a line of reasoning that does not necessarily support the conclusion you think it does.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2009, 08:12:21 pm »
that was an observation not reasoning :lol:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2009, 09:12:11 pm »
 :picardno

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2009, 06:37:10 pm »

Who knows?  Perhaps it was an isolated incident.

Even so, now with this newfound knowledge of copyright laws on intellectual property, what's stopping us from giving it another shot?  Is it because it might take us another five years to do so, and Squeenix will be waiting in the shadows, and it'll be Deja Vu all over again?

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:15 pm »
Even so, now with this newfound knowledge of copyright laws on intellectual property, what's stopping us from giving it another shot?  Is it because it might take us another five years to do so, and Squeenix will be waiting in the shadows, and it'll be Deja Vu all over again?

Quote from: C&D Letter
We demand that you cease and desist any and all efforts to rip, hack or circumvent our copyright protection measures or teach others to do so.

I didn't think it beared enough interest to quote the preceding statement, but the gist of it is that Temporal Flux is a no-no on the Compendium from now on. I suppose that doesn't stop individual members from hacking on other sites, as some are doing with remaking CE, but the Compendium itself as a single entity is not to have anything to do with ROM hacking or Temporal Flux.