Author Topic: ZeaLitY is infamous? TV Tropes Small Name Big Ego?  (Read 2397 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
ZeaLitY is infamous? TV Tropes Small Name Big Ego?
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:24:26 am »
ZeaLitY is infamous?

ZeaLitY is on TVTrope in the Small Name Big Ego section.

Quote from: TVTropes
Zeality, the owner of the Chrono Compendium, is known for taking his love for Chrono Cross, the Contested Sequel of Chrono Trigger, to levels beyond Serious Business. He pops up on other Chrono forums to leave curse-filled tirades in any thread discussing Cross in a negative light as well as linking to his own site repeatedly while demanding that his (contradictory) fan theories be treated as canon. In the days before the recent DS port was released in the United States, he posted a thread encouraging his forumites to go to Game FA Qs and work to support his fan theories. He also threw a fit when a modder suggested that other modders were growing reluctant to work with the site because of his tendency to throw fits, responding that modders were too thin-skinned and that dead mods existed only because they didn't accept the support of his site (and not because most fan mods die on the vine). Easily the most epic example of his ego is this tirade against a site that gave a positive review of Cross and its TL;DR graphic at the end declaring "YOU ARE WRONG. SHUT UP".

The current graphic is actually censored from his NSFW◊ original.

Is this true ZeaLitY? Wow your well known. Oh well it’s all in good fun right? ^.^ People rarely take what they read on TVTropes to seriously I just thought it was funny that they mentioned you. Although I gotta wonder who put this up in the first place?
The page is below but don't delete it because that wouldn't be very nice ^.^ people have the right to share their opinions even if others disagree (for the record I think your pretty cool ZeaLitY....maybe alittle to zealous at times....but still cool.)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: ZeaLitY is infamous? TV Tropes Small Name Big Ego?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:40:19 am »
ZeaLitY is infamous?

ZeaLitY is on TVTrope in the Small Name Big Ego section.

Quote from: TVTropes
Zeality, the owner of the Chrono Compendium, is known for taking his love for Chrono Cross, the Contested Sequel of Chrono Trigger, to levels beyond Serious Business. He pops up on other Chrono forums to leave curse-filled tirades in any thread discussing Cross in a negative light as well as linking to his own site repeatedly while demanding that his (contradictory) fan theories be treated as canon. In the days before the recent DS port was released in the United States, he posted a thread encouraging his forumites to go to Game FA Qs and work to support his fan theories. He also threw a fit when a modder suggested that other modders were growing reluctant to work with the site because of his tendency to throw fits, responding that modders were too thin-skinned and that dead mods existed only because they didn't accept the support of his site (and not because most fan mods die on the vine). Easily the most epic example of his ego is this tirade against a site that gave a positive review of Cross and its TL;DR graphic at the end declaring "YOU ARE WRONG. SHUT UP".

The current graphic is actually censored from his NSFW◊ original.

Is this true ZeaLitY? Wow your well known. Oh well it’s all in good fun right? ^.^ People rarely take what they read on TVTropes to seriously I just thought it was funny that they mentioned you. Although I gotta wonder who put this up in the first place?
The page is below but don't delete it because that wouldn't be very nice ^.^ people have the right to share their opinions even if others disagree (for the record I think your pretty cool ZeaLitY....maybe alittle to zealous at times....but still cool.)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo

Zeality, you can piss me off in religious debates, but man, that tvtropes has got you all wrong.
Its kinda like family.  We can fight ourselves as much as we want, but when an outsider bitches to us, well, we got your back.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:02:20 am »
I agree, I feel they may have taken his rant alittle out of context. (Mind you he has fringed on what they call Fandumb from time to time) ,but all in all ZeaLitY is a great guy and he totally has my respect.

It's like you said, we're like family. We may not all get along, but we're there when you need us. Insult one of us and you insult us all.....great I just realized...

Chrono Compendium: Tha Mafia of the Chrono Fandom ^.^'

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:04:50 am »
TVTrope has it wrong.

ZeaLitY has a BIG name. :grimm
:1999

Especially since it's on an official C&D. Not many can compete with that.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 04:07:02 am »
They're pretty much right, except they miss the point: On the Internet, Serious Business isn't very serious.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:41 am »
wtf is TVTropes and why should I care?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:07:19 am »
I laughed out loud reading that.

Kudo's, Zeality!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 01:23:42 pm »
Pfft, whoever wrote that portrayed you as one angry asshole. :grimm

Seriously though, fucking stupid.

wtf is TVTropes and why should I care?

Here you go, but you'll probably get lost in it for a few hours.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »
I laughed out loud reading that.

Kudo's, Zeality!

That's what I thought. Remember even bad publicity is good publicity.

Admittedly TV Tropes is one of my fav things to read! It's like Wikipedia, only fun. Either way most of the Small Name Big Ego page is subjective.

TVTrope has it wrong.

ZeaLitY has a BIG name. :grimm
:1999

Especially since it's on an official C&D. Not many can compete with that.

Well someone can have a big name, the concept is that their ego is bigger then their name. ZeaLitY is just alittle zealous, but some people outside the comunity may misunderstand so I guess it's useless to get angry at who put that up.

However it hit me as odd. Whoever put ZeaLitY there must be aware of the events in question.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 01:50:21 pm »
Never heard of tvtropes, but I'm sure they're brilliant.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »
That entry got put up on TVTropes after Zeality's rant against Retronauts. I complained about it in this thread

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 02:43:27 pm »
Hahaha what a joke.... indeed

I was going to say it was SE doing it (jk, it seems to be the long running joke), but it has been proven otherwise.

...persay write up something in return against him?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 02:56:12 pm »
No, that would just ruin the image even further. The best thing to do is just ignore it.
Still, it really irks me how these people will write such things about people without first getting to know them. If they want to be taken seriously in articles like this, they should at least get an interview.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:34:54 pm »
No, that would just ruin the image even further. The best thing to do is just ignore it.
Still, it really irks me how these people will write such things about people without first getting to know them. If they want to be taken seriously in articles like this, they should at least get an interview.

TV Tropes is a free for all kinda thing. I've put a few things on it myself. Just because one (or two) people dislike ZeaLitY isn't a big deal. Like I said subjective only a few people will take that seriously. It was mostlikly a fan of this Retronauts person if they put it up right after that.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 03:36:35 pm »
If somebody says something bad about you on the Internet, your life is over.