Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 178487 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #810 on: June 10, 2009, 10:44:00 am »
Agent 12? That used to be  <EDIT: sorry laith I changed that name for a reason >
Eh, fair enough. Someone could've told me before I went around using your old name. I mean, you've used it for the longest time and it got me when you all of a sudden changed it to Agent 12.
Same here.  :lol: That "--JP" thing always says it. You were there ever since I registered to the forum, and suddenly when CE was gonna be released there were talks about "Agent12". I was like, "who the hell is Agent12?! I've never head of him before!" But when I saw the JP thing, guess that hit it. :wink:

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 10, 2009, 03:00:12 pm »
haha yea "--JP" is my "Zorro Z".  At first I was going to drop it but it's so ingrained into my posting routine that I couldn't go through with it.

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 10, 2009, 03:02:35 pm »
I said the quote.  But then it shows a quote of me quoting you saying what I said....  Like I said, something went HORRIBLY WRONG!!!

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:23 am »
I said the quote.  But then it shows a quote of me quoting you saying what I said....  Like I said, something went HORRIBLY WRONG!!!
I had to re-read that five different times. Way to go.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 11, 2009, 05:48:16 pm »
Just when I thought this thread died... And to rebirth it with off-topicness... god (ghandi, buddha, jesus, etc) what is this world coming to?

Good thing you put a stop to it with one of your own! Oh wait...
                                                                            ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:35:57 pm by V_Translanka »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 14, 2009, 02:34:25 am »
Would it be risky to put out the SPCs of the C&D projects? We have the official game SPC/PSF distributions as it is.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 14, 2009, 03:53:56 am »
What would be the point? We never got to the music insertion or reinstrumentation stage in Crimson Echoes, except for some early stuff that wasn't used in the beta.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 14, 2009, 04:01:12 am »
oh, in that case, mind putting the music up? I liked some of the tracks from the CE playthrough.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 14, 2009, 10:10:21 am »
 :picardno  When will this thread either die, or stop being resurrected by (semi) off-topic posts?

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 14, 2009, 10:36:42 am »
:picardno  When will this thread either die, or stop being resurrected by (semi) off-topic posts?
Now, now, mister hypocrite.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 14, 2009, 12:07:56 pm »
Rainbow Shell, nuff' said
^You being participatory.

Then, after much inactivity...
Quote from: V_Translanka
Just when I thought this thread died... And to rebirth it with off-topicness... god (ghandi, buddha, jesus, etc) what is this world coming to?
And Three days later...
:picardno  When will this thread either die, or stop being resurrected by (semi) off-topic posts?

Dark, you used to participate in this thread. Three days ago you posted in the thread the fact that you wish others would stop posting in this thread. Somebody called you out on it, and today you did it again. And somebody called you out on it.

I'm just saying you're wasting your time. Kind of like I'm wasting mine putting this post together cause you're not going to pay attention to it.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 14, 2009, 05:09:50 pm »
Rainbow Shell, nuff' said
^You being participatory.

Then, after much inactivity...
Quote from: V_Translanka
And Three days later...
:picardno  When will this thread either die, or stop being resurrected by (semi) off-topic posts?

Dark, you used to participate in this thread. Three days ago you posted in the thread the fact that you wish others would stop posting in this thread. Somebody called you out on it, and today you did it again. And somebody called you out on it.

I'm just saying you're wasting your time. Kind of like I'm wasting mine putting this post together cause you're not going to pay attention to it.

Or so you would think. And I used to participate in this thread when majority of the conversation was related to the topic.

You're still participating. ASS                                    HOLE :P
                                       ~V_____________________Translanka

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:40:07 pm by V_Translanka »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 19, 2009, 07:49:05 pm »
Actually, don't -- If everyone would quit trying to be cute/let go of their ego, perhaps meaningful conversation could flourish here once more.  GD you, Cease and Desist letter.

I got rid of a couple posts making half of this message kind of confusing, but the other half made so much sense, I felt the need to  point it out.
~V_Translanka

I feel the need to point out V's use of the "hr" tag. Now, that's good modding.
--FW

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:42:58 pm by FaustWolf »

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2009, 04:34:16 am »
since this thread is still active..

this was my youtube comment on the playthrough..

"what square did was completely ridiculous. all theyve done is alienate the fanbase.
hopefully this beta version gets leaked as well. barring that, maybe someone can debug/improve the already-leaked alpha version and make this game a reality.
the internets always hated censorship."

but yea, i along with many others are against the C&D. however, i also question whether square-enix was really willing to legally pursue CE, or if they were just sending a C&D out of routine and werent going to do any more.

not only that, but to completely delete a work that took years seems like an enormous waste. if the 99% complete beta version was leaked, lets say by a beta tester who didnt comply, what could the creators do? after all, if it were put on wikileaks it would be pretty safe.. people post classified documents on there that piss governments off, but the info stays up. overall, the leak of the final game doesnt seem to me as dangerous as you make it out to be.

of course, if i wanted the game to be leaked, i would put on a big public display of deleting it and banning everything about it to cover myself legally.. not accusing anyone of this, but thats what id do. :D

Ryouseiken

• Earthbound (+15)
  • ~A Royal Bad-Ass~
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2009, 04:46:13 am »
Isn't there a solution to this?

In the C&D Letter it said you guys claimed a copyright to CC:CE... why not just remove the copyright/patent? That would probably solve your guys problems as long as it isn't being distributed for money and stuff.

This isn't my thought about it btw, this is my friend's. I just thought I'd ask here.