Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 177119 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #690 on: May 25, 2009, 06:55:43 pm »
He has a point somewhere though. As much mourning as we're doing, it's starting to look like with CE the entire fanbase fell apart. But because of the C&D we have gained a lot of new members and supportes. We should take advantage of this somehow.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 25, 2009, 06:57:45 pm »
He has a point somewhere though. As much mourning as we're doing, it's starting to look like with CE the entire fanbase fell apart. But because of the C&D we have gained a lot of new members and supportes. We should take advantage of this somehow.

What would you suggest?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 25, 2009, 07:20:17 pm »
As I've said before Mikisho, these threads are a funerary procession of sorts, and are meant precisely for the purpose of expressing frustration, shock, and grief. All Nangbaby did was place yet another flower before CE's grave.

Dark Serge, you'll see how the Compendium will take advantage of the situation soon enough.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 25, 2009, 07:25:55 pm »
So there is already something planned? That's good to know.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 25, 2009, 07:27:24 pm »

What would you suggest?

Don't know, but it's now or never. We have everyone's attention

Faust: Good to hear, already can't wait.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #695 on: May 25, 2009, 07:29:28 pm »
Actually, the fanbase, in my opinion, still has a very solid backbone, especially in the likes of ZeaLitY and his court. If anything, the fanbase has lost a finger or two in this debacle. But tearing out the old corruption, we'll always find ourselves something to inspire our hearts: those, at least, are always free. And whether it be through the course of a new project, or else through compatriot discussions as of old, this community will find itself purpose anew. As a whole, it's got more endurance than Janus and more tenacity than Kid. Bloody hell, if anything, we're the Radical Dreamers! But not today.

But let the mourning be... even Chrono has its sad strains, and its times of lamentation. In time the heroes press forward, but they do sit and weep in their darker hours, when all their long-built plans fall to wreck, and at the reminiscience of things lost. And for us, the dawn is not yet entirely come, and the term of mourning must be passed. That is not weakness nor despair, but the actions of humanity which hold the deepest feeling. The days for action will yet come, but so do these days of darkness. And were not those very days amongst the most beautiful to behold in the games? That is today.

But mark you the morning will come, at some future hour. Oh, I'm certain, all at a sudden there'll be a daybreak. But for now, let us still mourn. Let us still dress ouselves in sackcloth, scattering ashes through our hair; let us pull at our hair and tear at our cheeks with our nails; and let fall our tears; meander along shorelines like the bereft Akhilleus. We will be rearmed. Hephaistos himself will give us weapons from divinity, and we will take a battlefield once more, bright-shining like a heaven-descended star. Then let Hektor flee before the force of our arms! But it is not today.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 25, 2009, 07:34:12 pm »
As I've said before Mikisho, these threads are a funerary procession of sorts, and are meant precisely for the purpose of expressing frustration, shock, and grief. All Nangbaby did was place yet another flower before CE's grave.

Dark Serge, you'll see how the Compendium will take advantage of the situation soon enough.
Yeah I know.  But I find letting my frustration of anything from the world, out on little things in the internet is quite healing ;).  I'll try and stop whining myself about all the whiners. Though, there's no guarantees that I won't forget xD

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 25, 2009, 09:28:06 pm »
FaustWolf, if you mean an ordinary, opinionated Ogre Battle fan, yes that's me.

I also admit, I was (and still am) upset about a couple of other things, which led me to be needlessly dramatic.  I, too, failed to show humility, and I apologize for posting in this thread and stirring up ill feelings.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #698 on: May 25, 2009, 10:40:03 pm »

I also admit, I was (and still am) upset about a couple of other things, which led me to be needlessly dramatic.  I, too, failed to show humility, and I apologize for posting in this thread and stirring up ill feelings.

Needlessly dramatic? No worries man. You want to see needlessly dramatic, look only so far as my post!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 25, 2009, 11:10:33 pm »

Come now. I don't know why you're being so hard on yourself, Daniel. Yours was in fact a very needy post, filled with dramatics.

:o

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:37 pm »
Come now. I don't know why you're being so hard on yourself, Daniel. Yours was in fact a very needy post.

Come now. I don't know why you're being so hard on yourself, Daniel. Yours was in fact a very needy post, filled with dramatics.

DP! Commotion is afoot!  :lol:

In any case, I say welcome, Chrono fans. If nothing else good comes from CE's CnD, at least we're more collected than ever...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 25, 2009, 11:16:50 pm »
You got me...

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 25, 2009, 11:49:53 pm »

Nah, don't be hard on yourself.  I'm just being *****y and whiny.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 26, 2009, 12:18:37 am »
Fuck, you motherfuckers need to let this thread die.

YOUR IRONY IS NOTED. YOUR WASTED POST IS NOT.
                                                              ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:11:47 am by V_Translanka »

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #704 on: May 26, 2009, 12:25:40 am »
Fuck, you motherfuckers need to let this thread die.

Sir, I am not Oedipus.