Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 176963 times)

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #660 on: May 24, 2009, 10:57:51 pm »
I actually just dove right in; I read the Encyclopedia a lot, and I peered on the forums for the first time a week ago and signed up. I liked what I saw. :) Also, Faust brings up a really valid point; I know we aren't supposed to create any more crazy conspiracy theories, but it's perfectly possibly he is a member here. Perhaps his username here is just completely different?

As for banned IPs, I was admin at a forum, and I know banned members could not view the forum, even as a guest; unfortunately, peskier users would use IP scramblers and manage to get around the IP ban to view the forum as a guest, or even register another account.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 24, 2009, 11:06:14 pm »
I lurked for half a year until I finally decided to register around CTDS's release.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 24, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »
I never lurked.. I just jumped in. Six separate times.

kattrali

• Sleuth of Time
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:01 pm »
I actually only heard about the Compendium a few months ago, and knew nothing about CE. The encyclopedia is extremely useful.  The weird part is that I'd gotten a copy of Temporal Flux eons ago from a random website and had used it for some hobby projects ages ago. o_O  I thought it was just some discontinued tool until the C&D headline appeared in my news aggregator and I mentally connected the dots.

Its weird, the C&D made my Chrono-zomes start cooking again... This week I made a longtime friend play CT because he never has before. Lol I think he nearly cried when he thought Robo died....just wait until he gets to the REAL shocker!

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 24, 2009, 11:56:42 pm »
I'm not sure how long I lurked. I think I joined shortly after I found the place, btu I can't be 100% sure. Hey I just noticed that Faustwolf and me are only like 21 days apart when it comed to joining. I say this because Faust has the feel of an older member to me. It's because he feels so....informed and useful compared to me.... I wish I could do something big for the compendium, I wanna be useful......SO I WILL BE...someday.  :D

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:41 am »
***OFF TPIC***

I want Belaith's avatar O.o

If it's off topic, guess what? USE A PM. Oh, and OLD (xnxx, right?) AVY IS OLD'D. ;)
                                                                                                     ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:27:29 am by V_Translanka »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 25, 2009, 12:13:58 am »
Warning: back on topic. All off topic posts from here on out get deleted. By yourself. Honor code.

When will we see the video of the full playthrough?

I don't get it...You want me to delete your post?
                                                     ~V_Translanka

No, it's a relevant question pertaining to the aftermath of the Cease and Desist and plans for the future of the Compendium. Way more on topic than avatar compliments.

~Mr. B.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:46:33 am by Mr Bekkler »

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 25, 2009, 12:17:05 am »

That is a secret  :D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 25, 2009, 12:20:57 am »
Quote from: OverlordMikey
Hey I just noticed that Faustwolf and me are only like 21 days apart when it comed to joining. I say this because Faust has the feel of an older member to me.
Probably because I always use old dudes for my avatars. Been doing it since day one, except that one time I used an avatar of Yoko from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and actually got at least one member believing I was a woman. Avatars are everything absent of other info.

Quote from: Mr Bekkler
Answering this would unfortunately be giving away spoilers that you'll know sometime this week anyways. :lee:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:26:10 am by FaustWolf »

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 25, 2009, 12:43:06 am »
Quote from: OverlordMikey
Hey I just noticed that Faustwolf and me are only like 21 days apart when it comed to joining. I say this because Faust has the feel of an older member to me.
Probably because I always use old dudes for my avatars. Been doing it since day one, except that one time I used an avatar of Yoko from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and actually got at least one member believing I was a woman. Avatars are everything absent of other info.

Quote from: Mr Bekkler
Answering this would unfortunately be giving away spoilers that you'll know sometime this week anyways. :lee:

I mentioned some of the "possible plans" but apparently I wasnt supposed to.... (JP edited my post)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 25, 2009, 12:48:45 am »
Okay, so you can't say. That's cool.
Before the C&D, were sequels planned? If you can't answer that one either, that's cool too i guess.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 25, 2009, 12:55:31 am »
I wasnt a part of the CE team, I just occasionally chat with JP, So i can't answer that.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 25, 2009, 01:07:46 am »
No plans for a direct sequel Mr. Bekkler -- the CE team always meant to bridge Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross directly, absent another official entry in the Chrono series that could accomplish that.

Doesn't mean other projects didn't want to expand on the new storyline elements established by CE though. It's all come to an end with the C&D, unfortunately.
 :picardno

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 25, 2009, 01:09:48 am »
No plans for a direct sequel Mr. Bekkler -- the CE team always meant to bridge Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross directly, absent another official entry in the Chrono series that could accomplish that.

Doesn't mean other projects didn't want to expand on the new storyline elements established by CE though. It's all come to an end with the C&D, unfortunately.
 :picardno

You can't really say that FaustWolf, I mean, some people couldnt give a flying {insert animals anus here} about the C&D and still continue to work on projects.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 25, 2009, 01:10:41 am »
We can only hope. There will still be a lot of fear for awhile, but if a playthrough video of CE is able to surface without being canned, that should give hope to at least non-playable Chrono projects.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:13:53 am by FaustWolf »