Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 178507 times)

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #585 on: May 23, 2009, 12:17:03 am »
All of the lies can be proven false though, as they have in my email. And yes, I am in contact with SE.

Ah, well I certainly hope this is the case, and if it is, I give you kudos for actually trying to do something rather than just gripe about it  :D

How are you in anymore contact with them then me. We both sent an e-mail and we both recived similar (mine was nicer :lol:) replies. D..did they send you something else? I mean your comment can be alittle misleading otherwise.

Eitherway at least you did something. Perhaps we should share the e-mail address with more people. If others want to e-mail them I wanna believe they would be polite about it...then again It may be a bad idea. If we busy them up with our e-mails the people they should be talking to will find it more difficult to reach them.

Either way it's good to know things are moving nicely, I am keeping a postive outlook...I wanna scream "I know everything will turn out all right" I mean regardless of the outcome its better to have tried then to have done nothing.

Just know that I have had a little more contact with SE than you.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 23, 2009, 12:58:17 am »
How about everyone leaves the official communication with SE for those actually involved with Crimson Echoes?  For our credibility's sake.

And for those who are so curious about the "behind the scenes" stuff, obviously at this point you don't need to know.  When you do need to know, you will.  So be patient, sit tight, and just watch the front page.  K?  Not that difficult, people.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 23, 2009, 01:11:23 am »
How about everyone leaves the official communication with SE for those actually involved with Crimson Echoes?  For our credibility's sake.

And for those who are so curious about the "behind the scenes" stuff, obviously at this point you don't need to know.  When you do need to know, you will.  So be patient, sit tight, and just watch the front page.  K?  Not that difficult, people.

Ok then. Sorry, I'll remain calm and wait for further news. I hope everything turns out well.

....Although Dark3Mx is being mean! Punish him! (kiddin')

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 23, 2009, 01:14:27 am »
How am I being mean?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 23, 2009, 01:16:18 am »
Oh, do I smell a rivalry!  To the corners with both of you!

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #590 on: May 23, 2009, 01:23:30 am »

I didn't think it out of line to inquire as to whether or not actual communication was happening or if we were all in the same boat playing the "wait and see" game.  I think putting forth realistic expectations is a bit "need to know" and if there was the possibility of a general misconception that there was a line of dialogue happening when there wasn't, that it would be in the best interest of everyone for that to be cleared up.  I don't see that asking for a clarification on that is being impatient.  You are free to disagree with that, of course, but it didn't seem to be difficult for Faust to clarify that there is more communication than "we've sent an email and are waiting" as I was concerned might be the case.

Now that any possible misunderstanding surrounding that is cleared up, I don't see that being an issue, and I think we all understand that everyone, including the people dealing with all of this themselves, are in a bit of waiting pattern and need to be patient.

I think its important, as well, that others be patient with those that are being impatient as it is only natural that people want to know what's going on, and with this having been going on for about two weeks now without any sort of actual update, that has to feel like an eternity for those that have been anticipating the release of this for years.

It seems, afterall, that we are all basically on the same side and want to see the same result.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #591 on: May 23, 2009, 01:24:12 am »
I'd also like to add this is the only forum that I've seen thus far that alerts you, before posting, that a new reply has been sent prior to your messaging going through, and I like!  :)

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 23, 2009, 01:53:09 am »
HadesKane, what I would call "actual communication" is ongoing. However, there is still nothing newsworthy to report at this time. SE is apparently thinking, and we'll have to give it our patience. And lots of it.

I appreciate the response :)

I was hoping I was wrong in what I was fearing, and I really do appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.
Oh you don't have to worry about stuff like that.  especially with Faust around...  He's always Watching you O_O....  In fact he'll probably show up within 10 minutes of this post....  So feel free to ask a question, as it will always be answered....  But at the same time be afraid....  Be very afraid.....

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #593 on: May 23, 2009, 02:26:53 am »
HadesKane, what I would call "actual communication" is ongoing. However, there is still nothing newsworthy to report at this time. SE is apparently thinking, and we'll have to give it our patience. And lots of it.

I appreciate the response :)

I was hoping I was wrong in what I was fearing, and I really do appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.
Oh you don't have to worry about stuff like that.  especially with Faust around...  He's always Watching you O_O....  In fact he'll probably show up within 10 minutes of this post....  So feel free to ask a question, as it will always be answered....  But at the same time be afraid....  Be very afraid.....

I thought I heard someone outside...

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 23, 2009, 02:59:01 am »
How are you in anymore contact with them then me. We both sent an e-mail and we both recived similar (mine was nicer :lol:) replies. D..did they send you something else? I mean your comment can be alittle misleading otherwise.

Same; I sent SE my own "customer support" issues. And just so you guys know, Neil is not the only support-answering dude ;) . (and they must have templates of emails for similar issues, such as unfortunate news or news concerning the upper heads.)

The email regarding false information has probably been directed to Neil, and he probably took it as a personal grudge, prompting himself to answer them personally. (Maybe one reason why my first support letter took quicker to respond than my second regarding false info.)

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 23, 2009, 04:12:57 am »
IMHO, we should cool it for a while, let Neil take care of bussines, I had a beer with him last week, he's a pretty cool guy, but it gets worked up easely, we best lay back a little and let him do his thing ;)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 23, 2009, 05:56:39 am »
I don't mean to ruin everything, but is this really going to help? Ok, the guy did send them a pack of lies, but it's partly Square Enix's own fault for blindly believing him and not doing their research.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 23, 2009, 06:23:08 am »
I don't mean to ruin everything, but is this really going to help? Ok, the guy did send them a pack of lies, but it's partly Square Enix's own fault for blindly believing him and not doing their research.

I don't want to think anything bad about SE but your point nearly change my mind. But is there any reason for SE to deny their false ? Unless they really a jerk, i stay to believe it will work.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 23, 2009, 10:02:40 am »
Well there was no reason for them to think that information was false, but there was also no reason to think it was accurate. If they would actually have checked it out and spent a little time on it, they would have known nobody planned to make a profit off CE.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:28 am »
Let's not lose sight of the fact that it was SE's decision to send the team that C&D letter. No matter how they found out about Crimson Echoes, the decision to C&D it was theirs. They undoubtedly researched the bogus e-mail that was sent to them, and determined that the development team was making no attempt to profit from the game, nor was the Compendium. If they had suspected otherwise, they would have mentioned a profit motive in their C&D letter.

There are always a few bad eggs in the community. That's life. Most of them are in it for the attention, or else for the thrill of being jerks. We're already keeping tabs on a small number of people who we know are troublemakers. Leave that to us. Let's not give them the kind of publicity they're seeking. Instead, I suggest we put a stop to this kind of rumor-ridden discussion about who did what, and why. Let's keep in mind that our real adversary is SE, a company which is blind to the merits of fan projects. We're not afraid of trolls and attention whores. We're afraid of huge corporations with bored legal departments. If you're angry about losing CE and want to spend your energy on something productive, think about spending it on Square Enix...not anonymous letter-writers.

On a separate note for those of you who are asking about the status of talks with SE, there is little to report. We've been trying to get them to issue an official statement that will hopefully bring some closure to the matter, and they've been stonewalling. Other than that, if JP is able to win any meaningful concessions from them with regard to the terms of the C&D letter, he'll let everyone know when and if it happens. Patience, people, patience.