Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 177005 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2009, 07:59:50 pm »
**UPDATE**
not a big one though, just an email.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We appreciate your feedback. It will be forwarded to my superiors. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.

Thanks,
******** - SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

You got the same message I got! So it was just an automatic message or was it.....

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that the announcement you are referring to do not meet your expectations. Your information will be forwarded to my superiors. We do cherish the support and opinion from our customers and look forward to hearing your remarks regarding our upcoming games.

Thanks,
Neil- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

My message was nicer so maybe it is a person after all.

But still your e-mail was much better done then mine.

Either way the big wheel of bussiness is turning...who knows at this very moment they may be wondering what to do.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2009, 08:16:10 pm »
Although you said we used the same music, didn't the CE team create a remix. Those aren't illegal, I know because someone remixed a song by Eminem about 3 weeks after his release and it did so much better, he tried to sue but there is a like a certain frequency or wavelength difference that allows it. Most remixes tend to be legal.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »
I keep reading things like "talk are ongoing" and stuff about the "dialogue between the CE team and SE" and "secret talks" and all this other stuff.  I've lurked on the forums for quite a while before registering, and I've used this site extensively for my own research and study for my ongoing fan project.  I've tried to follow this thread and the "truth" thread about this issue.

I guess based on what I've read, I must ask, and I think we deserve an honest response.

The "ongoing talks" or "secret talks" or whatever... is this simply the CE Team have sent SE a couple of emails and are simply waiting/hoping for a response?  Or is there -actually- something going on?

I'm not trying to be a pessimist or a downer or whatever, but it looks to me like a couple of emails have been sent and everyone is playing the waiting game, and its being represented as though there is actually something happening, and I don't really consider sending a couple of emails then just hoping there will be a response as much of an action, and certainly nothing for the people waiting on the game to be holding onto for hope.

So really all I'm asking is a clarification.  I understand if there is actual dialogue going on, the CE team wouldn't be at liberty to divulge anything.  But really, I don't think SE is likely threatened by the "bad press" people are claiming they are getting, and I certainly don't think they are under any obligation to or probably even compelled to respond to a handful of emails.  So, if that's what is really going on, "we've sent some emails and are simply waiting" then I think we deserve to know that much at least.  If that's the case, I would be utterly surprised if there was any response beyond the automated replies people are getting.

Now, don't get me wrong, I HOPE something gets worked out.  I HOPE everyone waiting on this gets a chance to play it, I HOPE that SE will ease up because I feel they are being unnecessarily harsh.  I'm with the majority here on what they hope to see happen.  Truth be told, I had no interest in CE prior to all of this, but all of this has actually got me wanting to play it, funny how that works huh?  So yeah, I'm not trying to be a downer or one of those "annoying noobs', I just simply feel like a clarification on whether more is going on other than "hoping" for a response by Square would be nice.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:10 pm »
Well, they say no news is good news...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2009, 10:02:41 pm »
I keep reading things like "talk are ongoing" and stuff about the "dialogue between the CE team and SE" and "secret talks" and all this other stuff.  I've lurked on the forums for quite a while before registering, and I've used this site extensively for my own research and study for my ongoing fan project.  I've tried to follow this thread and the "truth" thread about this issue.

I guess based on what I've read, I must ask, and I think we deserve an honest response.

The "ongoing talks" or "secret talks" or whatever... is this simply the CE Team have sent SE a couple of emails and are simply waiting/hoping for a response?  Or is there -actually- something going on?

I'm not trying to be a pessimist or a downer or whatever, but it looks to me like a couple of emails have been sent and everyone is playing the waiting game, and its being represented as though there is actually something happening, and I don't really consider sending a couple of emails then just hoping there will be a response as much of an action, and certainly nothing for the people waiting on the game to be holding onto for hope.

So really all I'm asking is a clarification.  I understand if there is actual dialogue going on, the CE team wouldn't be at liberty to divulge anything.  But really, I don't think SE is likely threatened by the "bad press" people are claiming they are getting, and I certainly don't think they are under any obligation to or probably even compelled to respond to a handful of emails.  So, if that's what is really going on, "we've sent some emails and are simply waiting" then I think we deserve to know that much at least.  If that's the case, I would be utterly surprised if there was any response beyond the automated replies people are getting.

Now, don't get me wrong, I HOPE something gets worked out.  I HOPE everyone waiting on this gets a chance to play it, I HOPE that SE will ease up because I feel they are being unnecessarily harsh.  I'm with the majority here on what they hope to see happen.  Truth be told, I had no interest in CE prior to all of this, but all of this has actually got me wanting to play it, funny how that works huh?  So yeah, I'm not trying to be a downer or one of those "annoying noobs', I just simply feel like a clarification on whether more is going on other than "hoping" for a response by Square would be nice.
1: I think the secret talks arn't what they sound like. Maybe I missed a thread, but I think it was born out of a misunderstanding (not 100% certain though)
2: I'd like them to change there minds because we thouched their hearts, not ruined their rep.
3: SHUT UP nOOB...heheheh kiddin' Nice to mee ya.

Either way all we can do is remain hopeful, try our bests, smile and never give up.

Well, they say no news is good news...
Let's think that. It's more postive.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2009, 10:05:07 pm »
Another Japanese site mentioning the C&D:
http://gs.inside-games.jp/news/188/18856.html
This one doesn't seem to be just a blog like the other one I posted.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »
HadesKane, what I would call "actual communication" is ongoing. However, there is still nothing newsworthy to report at this time. SE is apparently thinking, and we'll have to give it our patience. And lots of it.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #577 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:38 pm »
HadesKane, what I would call "actual communication" is ongoing. However, there is still nothing newsworthy to report at this time. SE is apparently thinking, and we'll have to give it our patience. And lots of it.

I appreciate the response :)

I was hoping I was wrong in what I was fearing, and I really do appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 22, 2009, 11:23:57 pm »
SE is researching the origins of the troll's email, tracking him down basically for questions. Most of that emails information has been and can be further proven false. My email I had sent covers most of the major aspects of the email (selling for profit, claiming copyright, TF piracy bypass, etc.)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #579 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:37 pm »
SE is researching the origins of the troll's email, tracking him down basically for questions. Most of that emails information has been and can be further proven false. My email I had sent covers most of the major aspects of the email (selling for profit, claiming copyright, TF piracy bypass, etc.)

Are you in contact with them, too?

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 22, 2009, 11:46:27 pm »
I don't know if I want Square questioning the troll, won't he just feed them the same pack of lies?

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »
All of the lies can be proven false though, as they have in my email. And yes, I am in contact with SE.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #582 on: May 22, 2009, 11:59:27 pm »

These are the types of posts that I've grown suspicious of.

How can you be sure they are doing this?  I hope you are right, but just about anyone could post here claiming just about anything, so I hope you understand my hesitation to outright trust a statement posted by some guy on an internet forum without any further explanation.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #583 on: May 23, 2009, 12:00:17 am »
All of the lies can be proven false though, as they have in my email. And yes, I am in contact with SE.

Ah, well I certainly hope this is the case, and if it is, I give you kudos for actually trying to do something rather than just gripe about it  :D

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 23, 2009, 12:13:56 am »

Ah, well I certainly hope this is the case, and if it is, I give you kudos for actually trying to do something rather than just gripe about it  :D

How are you in anymore contact with them then me. We both sent an e-mail and we both recived similar (mine was nicer :lol:) replies. D..did they send you something else? I mean your comment can be alittle misleading otherwise.

Eitherway at least you did something. Perhaps we should share the e-mail address with more people. If others want to e-mail them I wanna believe they would be polite about it...then again It may be a bad idea. If we busy them up with our e-mails the people they should be talking to will find it more difficult to reach them.

Either way it's good to know things are moving nicely, I am keeping a postive outlook...I wanna scream "I know everything will turn out all right" I mean regardless of the outcome its better to have tried then to have done nothing.