Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 176888 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2009, 10:38:14 pm »
Yes, I know, but I joined prior to the incident... that statement was directed towards those who joined "Post 1999", if you know what I mean.

And you joined just prior to it... Maybe two weeks at most.  It's okay, the more we have the merrier!  I'm just saying... You registered April 24th and all...  I'm just pro-honesty around here.  Whether it's pre-C&D or post all that matters is that stand strong as a community.  We are the Chrono Compendium, and we heart the Chronoverse.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 19, 2009, 11:03:44 pm »
Yes, I know, but I joined prior to the incident... that statement was directed towards those who joined "Post 1999", if you know what I mean.

And you joined just prior to it... Maybe two weeks at most.  It's okay, the more we have the merrier!  I'm just saying... You registered April 24th and all...  I'm just pro-honesty around here.  Whether it's pre-C&D or post all that matters is that stand strong as a community.  We are the Chrono Compendium, and we heart the Chronoverse.

WOW that is a wonderful thought. I myself have been trying to find a silver lineing and it hit me. What SE did although sad had a somewhat postive effect....it has united our hearts. I...I think I'm going to cry. Let's hope our hearts untited can change the course of history for the better...
Wow did you know I joined in Septemeber of 2007. ^.^ Not that it matters, I've never been into callin' people noobs and saying I'm better then you cause I was here first cause it just ain't true, we are a group! We all need to work together! GO TEAM! Let's become a nakama ^.^  :lol:

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2009, 11:05:28 pm »

...Yeah, I never said I wasn't new... it just really doesn't feel like I'm new... not to me... but still, you know what I meant =D

And I know what you mean.  And yes, we are the heart.

The planet's dream is not yet over!

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2009, 09:32:25 pm »
Aw hell. Of course they've gotta do something lame like this.  :picardno:
Well,  Squ-Enix lost most all respects in my eyes.

CT+ wasn't on the list, but I won't be surprised if they're waiting for that so they can screw everyone over anyways. For the sake of everyone else's safety ( I could'nt give a *&#% about 'myself' ) it's going down, permanently. It is theorized that CT+ went underground. If that was true, then I am not at liberty to discuss it.

Should some day, the tyranny of Mega-Corps is broken and freedom is restored unto this corner of the ROM hacking world....then I'll consider releasing it. Too bad. Don't bother asking me in PM or email for it. The CT+ 1.085 version that some people had was the newest out, if you have it or any version of CT+ then consider yourself very lucky. Oh yeah, don't be a doorknob and give it to anyone. We don't want to give SE any reasons....

Anyways, it totally sucks that happened, it I do not have time to read every post, so I hope this answered some of the many questions that people would have about this project.

~Z

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:14 pm »
For the sake of everyone else's safety ( I could'nt give a *&#% about 'myself' )

Very enlightening. Remember, guys, even if one of the CE project team DID want to be a martyr for CE, he'd have to martyr all his other CE friends to do it. It would take all of them together wanting to put their asses on the line to release the game. Even if all of them but one wanted to do it, I can't see them putting even that one person who didn't want to take the risk in danger.

Glenn27

« Reply #545 on: May 20, 2009, 11:08:22 pm »
Hey, talks are still ongoing.  Let's not worry about any talk of "martyring" anyone just yet.

With the douchebag outted as having lied to SE, and their C n D being written while having the wrong idea bout the project, maybe they'll soften their stance a bit.

I mean, it's like a fanfiction mod of their game.  This isn't a whole new animal like Chrono Resurrection (to any SE who may think that)  It's existence isn't going to threaten the property or their livlihoods.  They'll just be looked at as bullies going after modders by keeping stuff like this down.

Hell, I'm actually more interested in playing CC because of this game, this game would probably earn SE more money rather than take their money.  It's not like, "Oh dear, I played CE so I'll never buy any new SE games."  Actually, the more time people spending obsessing over anything CT-related, the more likely they are to spend money on CT-stuff.

Hopefully SE will understand that.  For now let's try to keep things more mature about SE and be less fanboyish, at least until things are finalized.

Also, our main enemy right now should be that doucehbag, not SE.  We'll have to wait and see how SE reacts to all this news before having a final analysis of them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:13:05 am by Glenn27 »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »
Perhaps a "clean room" designed game would be more appropriate. See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2009, 12:57:21 am »
Not to be a downer or Captain Pesimistic, but we should just assume that it's a lost battle and the war is over.  At this point Crimson Echoes and all of Kajar Labs is gone.  We shouldn't hold onto the false hope that they might change their minds... Just accept it as is. 

That way, if something does happen that allows Fan Games and Kajar Labs to recontinue, we can celebrate it.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:23 am »
Kajar labs is not gone.  Just everything that it worked and lived for.

Now its purpose is free and can be directed to anywhere we all wish..

...if "Kajar" isnt an SE registered name >.>

Glenn27

« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2009, 02:51:05 am »

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2009, 02:58:01 am »
Silence, Serge. You destroyed the future.

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2009, 03:41:46 am »
Hey, talks are still ongoing.  Let's not worry about any talk of "martyring" anyone just yet.

With the douchebag outted as having lied to SE, and their C n D being written while having the wrong idea bout the project, maybe they'll soften their stance a bit.

I mean, it's like a fanfiction mod of their game.  This isn't a whole new animal like Chrono Resurrection (to any SE who may think that)  It's existence isn't going to threaten the property or their livlihoods.  They'll just be looked at as bullies going after modders by keeping stuff like this down.

Hell, I'm actually more interested in playing CC because of this game, this game would probably earn SE more money rather than take their money.  It's not like, "Oh dear, I played CE so I'll never buy any new SE games."  Actually, the more time people spending obsessing over anything CT-related, the more likely they are to spend money on CT-stuff.

Hopefully SE will understand that.  For now let's try to keep things more mature about SE and be less fanboyish, at least until things are finalized.

Also, our main enemy right now should be that doucehbag, not SE.  We'll have to wait and see how SE reacts to all this news before having a final analysis of them.

Square isn't printing CC anymore, so the only copies of it you'd be able to play you would be getting used. Square would make no money off of that at all.

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2009, 03:54:32 am »
Square isn't printing CC anymore, so the only copies of it you'd be able to play you would be getting used. Square would make no money off of that at all.

This may be true but personally I think CTDS may be doing well enough to convince SE to do a DS/PSP remake of Cross.

Come to think of it SE has been doing a TON of remakes in the past year or two. CTDS, FF3&4DS, FF4-6A, Secret of Mana on the Wii VC and I think even the original Valkyrie Profile on the PSP. I'm sure I've mised one or two but my point is I don't think a CCDS/PSP is out of the question ^_~

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:29 pm »
Just popping in really quickly to say this made the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2009/may/21/game-theory-copyright

Edit:  And, I just noticed the irony of the above statement.

Edit 2:  Would that really fall under the heading of irony?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:41:14 pm by Uboa »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2009, 12:41:32 pm »
WHOOAAAA, thanks Uboa! Compendium's gone big time now!

And that's a damn fine article!