Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 178530 times)

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2009, 02:48:02 pm »
[O.O] ... now what'd I miss..?

BTW, I just rewatched the Demo trailer... Oh my god, the nostalgia, the prose, the *naturalness* of Chrono... I really do hope that it can be released somehow, someway...

Any developments?

Off Topic:: My my, having never completed Chrono Trigger (but forever in love with the game since the Marle-x-Chrono scene), I've just seen Zeal... And, all I can say was... Whoa... :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:49:57 pm by Happy-Dude »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 17, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »
I shall recap the events for you in the form of a fairy tale (If anyone doesn't like the post just edit it out, I'm cool with it ;) )

If you want to skip the boring stuff that you've probably already heard look for Picard!!

Once upon a time A big corporation known as Shinra inc. Created a game called Time travel.  It was one of the greatest games of all time.  Years later, a group called Avalanche decided that since Shinra had screwed the people out of the game for so long, they would rebel (In a sense) and create their own fan game version of it.  However, deep in the hearts of the members of Avalanche they still loved the old Shinra.  So they decided that it would be non Profit, and they would advertise the original game inside of their fan fiction.

However, Shinra was not pleased by this.  So they sent Sephiroth out, and had him demand they delete all copies of their game, or else.  Avalanche, complied with the demands and had all copies that they had in their possession destroyed.  However, Avalanche, still being the rebel group it was, decided it would not just lie down.  It spread the news far and wide attempting to gain as much publicity from all the member's of the slums as they could.  They were determined to get Shinra to notice them.

During this time, many people began looking for loop holes.  Some found Potential possibilities, other's found nothing.  Nobody found a sure fire deal that would get the game back however.   :picardno Then, one man.  Just a passer by, who went by the name Toma the explorer.  He finds a link to a discussion where a man named Reeve who works for shinra in the legal department, had been doing some research.  He finds out that Shinra had sent Sephiroth out because they though that Avanalanche was latering their recent remake of the game, and trying to steal profits.  It turns out they had sent the turks to go do some investigating.  The Turks however, being the lazy B's that they are, did not do research and decided to just send Sephiroth out for the hell of it.

To this day Avalanche still lies in wait.  Trying to reason with Shinra, looking for every advantage they can.  They are determined to get Time Travel Red Sound waves out to the people.

So what'd you think?  I rather enjoyed writing that story myself...

LinkSlySora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 17, 2009, 06:20:18 pm »
I shall recap the events for you in the form of a fairy tale (If anyone doesn't like the post just edit it out, I'm cool with it ;) )

If you want to skip the boring stuff that you've probably already heard look for Picard!!

Once upon a time A big corporation known as Shinra inc. Created a game called Time travel.  It was one of the greatest games of all time.  Years later, a group called Avalanche decided that since Shinra had screwed the people out of the game for so long, they would rebel (In a sense) and create their own fan game version of it.  However, deep in the hearts of the members of Avalanche they still loved the old Shinra.  So they decided that it would be non Profit, and they would advertise the original game inside of their fan fiction.

However, Shinra was not pleased by this.  So they sent Sephiroth out, and had him demand they delete all copies of their game, or else.  Avalanche, complied with the demands and had all copies that they had in their possession destroyed.  However, Avalanche, still being the rebel group it was, decided it would not just lie down.  It spread the news far and wide attempting to gain as much publicity from all the member's of the slums as they could.  They were determined to get Shinra to notice them.

During this time, many people began looking for loop holes.  Some found Potential possibilities, other's found nothing.  Nobody found a sure fire deal that would get the game back however.   :picardno Then, one man.  Just a passer by, who went by the name Toma the explorer.  He finds a link to a discussion where a man named Reeve who works for shinra in the legal department, had been doing some research.  He finds out that Shinra had sent Sephiroth out because they though that Avanalanche was latering their recent remake of the game, and trying to steal profits.  It turns out they had sent the turks to go do some investigating.  The Turks however, being the lazy B's that they are, did not do research and decided to just send Sephiroth out for the hell of it.

To this day Avalanche still lies in wait.  Trying to reason with Shinra, looking for every advantage they can.  They are determined to get Time Travel Red Sound waves out to the people.

So what'd you think?  I rather enjoyed writing that story myself...

Full of epic win right there.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 17, 2009, 06:23:03 pm »
Bravo, good sir.  Well played.

I think it was quite well represented, however I think you're villainizing the Turks and that part of Shinra more than it should have been... I'm pretty sure they atleast did some sort of research into this...

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 17, 2009, 06:25:14 pm »
Yes, Mikisho, that was really good  8) !! (Though, being simple and "too late" -- I couldn't understand the whole Toma issue [-_-]) ...

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2009, 06:30:53 pm »
No, people were asking wht was edited out of those earlier posts. The little bit about the research past picard is what was edited out, and Reeve is the person we don't want getting fired.

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »
Very good, thank you, Mikisho!

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2009, 06:33:16 pm »
No, people were asking wht was edited out of those earlier posts. The little bit about the research past picard is what was edited out, and Reeve is the person we don't want getting fired.

I didn't know there was a Reeve in this story.

All I knew was that there was a Toma in this story who showed everyone a great and parched letter that was sent (and replied to) by Shinra Inc.  Also that Toma was an ass.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2009, 06:36:55 pm »
no no no no no, that was a different story.  Go back....  2 pages I believe.  There will be 3 or 4 edited posts.  People were asking what was in those posts, as they were edited out to protect the person who had been quoted in the posts, about things that oculd potentially get him fired if Shinra saw them.  I might add this recent discovery to the story too if I get the time *Flea laughing pose*

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2009, 06:38:46 pm »
no no no no no, that was a different story.  Go back....  2 pages I believe.  There will be 3 or 4 edited posts.  People were asking what was in those posts, as they were edited out to protect the person who had been quoted in the posts, about things that oculd potentially get him fired if Shinra saw them.  I might add this recent discovery to the story too if I get the time *Flea laughing pose*

I remember seeing those... hmm.. must find out whats going on...

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2009, 06:40:55 pm »
Good news, at last.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2009, 08:07:20 pm »
if it happens to be real... then yes I suppose it could be good news.  But don't get your hopes too high.  It'll make the hurt that much more if it turns out to be false.  Because, no matter how high or low your hopes are, Victory will taste exactly the same.  But a loss can be very devistating, depending on how hopeful you are.

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2009, 08:54:59 pm »
Yeah, you're right. But no worries, i don't have my hopes up. ^^

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »
Oh my there was a small glimer of hope? I must know what it was...no no no. I don't want anyone to get in trouble. Whatever it was I hope it is true.

However the backlash against SE is getting alittle to out of hand for my taste. It's like people have forgotten SE is a company and seem to act like its a living entity capable of it's own thoughts and feelings and everything it has done is just to spite us.

Cute story Mikisho, but maybe compareing them to Shinra was going to far.
Shinra was only killing the planet, SE sent a C&D which is WAY worst  :lol: (trying to keep things in perspective here)

If we act to irrationally we will only bring about our own failure.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:15 pm »
SE IS the Dream Devourer

Any word from them or upcoming word from them?