Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 176919 times)

MoAmyot

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2009, 12:37:50 am »
Aladdin ROM leaked?  Disney and Capcom are coming for us!  Run!

Quick, get on the magic carpet!

ravenl0rd

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2009, 12:41:09 am »
I think Aladdin needs a hacked sequel.  Seriously, though, most companies would let a project like this slide.  It seems I pick the wrong games to hold out hope for such as the Chrono series, Earthbound series and Fire Pro Wrestling series. 

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:02 am »
I know i'm a few days late but- I have SO many inappropriate words for square enix right now. I haven't been on in awhile, I saw a big update thought- YEY CE was realeased, quite the opposite. I just feel so completely down. I can't think of a worse thing that could have happened. I guess I should be thankful the compendium still lives.

But really why do it now? Just before the realease? Guess the gaggle of slobbering lawyers had nothing better to do.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2009, 01:54:08 am »
Lol...An Aladdin rom. Of all the games. On a different note, it feels like we are the angry, indignant ghost children, and Square-Enix is Serge. All their fault!

at first I thought you were referencing me myself, but then I realized the deeper reference to CC.  lol

well well someones paranoid...HOLD 'EM STILL *Cracks whip*  :lol:

...something tells me mikey has a strange fetish for whipping me >.>

jk

You...Everyone....whatever ^.^

I know i'm a few days late but- I have SO many inappropriate words for square enix right now. I haven't been on in awhile, I saw a big update thought- YEY CE was realeased, quite the opposite. I just feel so completely down. I can't think of a worse thing that could have happened. I guess I should be thankful the compendium still lives.

But really why do it now? Just before the realease? Guess the gaggle of slobbering lawyers had nothing better to do.

The world could have ended by a hand other than my glorious master Lavos' hannnn....um quills?......regardless you could comfort yourself by whiping Serge, it's a great stress remover.

nandemo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2009, 02:59:53 am »
eff SE.  'nuff said.

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2009, 03:16:55 am »
Hey guys been lurking about for years on here from time to time. Real shame about the C&D. Was really looking forward to playing this. CC was ok in it's own right but never felt like a true Chrono game to me. The original CT always held a special place for me since it was the first real RPG I enjoyed. Granted I had played others before then but it was really the first one I actually took the time to finish. I just got a DS and the new CT a few weeks ago since my SNES has bit the dust and the PS1 version is damn near unplayable. I too was hoping that it was a fake but on the flip side this may be for the best. If it was a fake then trying to confirm it with Square could have started a whole new shit storm in the event they had no idea. At least in this case if SE has half an ounce of brain power left then perhaps a deal can be reached to allow the release of CE in some form or another. Perhaps if the right parties can agree to it then maybe you could even sell SE the rights to the game. This would perhaps allow them the chance to clean it up and then make any additions or mods that may be needed for a DS release. It's obvious that a ton of hard work was put into this and I think if SE could get the ok from most of the original CT team then they would stand to make a ton of money for paying you guys for the hard work. What they would offer you would possibly pale compared to the amount of money they could possibly make. I'd easily pay $40 for a DS version of this game. Seriously guys look up what may need to be done and get talking with SE to see if some agreement can be reached that allows the release. It would be a shame to see this much work be wasted.

EDIT-Normally write in orange on various message boards. Guess that color isn't going to work too well here ^_^()
[/b]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:20:06 am by Enigma Outlaw »

xdiesp

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2009, 03:21:35 am »
 :picardno

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it: when the same exact thing happened 5 years ago with Chrono Resurrection, me and others noted that this kind of project should be kept secret with no way for the corporation to get you. Anonymous style.

Instead again you've let them see you and got shot like in Duck Hunt. And now we're back at square one. See you in another 5 years for more of the same...

ravenl0rd

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2009, 03:25:46 am »
Hey guys been lurking about for years on here from time to time. Real shame about the C&D. Was really looking forward to playing this. CC was ok in it's own right but never felt like a true Chrono game to me. The original CT always held a special place for me since it was the first real RPG I enjoyed. Granted I had played others before then but it was really the first one I actually took the time to finish. I just got a DS and the new CT a few weeks ago since my SNES has bit the dust and the PS1 version is damn near unplayable. I too was hoping that it was a fake but on the flip side this may be for the best. If it was a fake then trying to confirm it with Square could have started a whole new shit storm in the event they had no idea. At least in this case if SE has half an ounce of brain power left then perhaps a deal can be reached to allow the release of CE in some form or another. Perhaps if the right parties can agree to it then maybe you could even sell SE the rights to the game. This would perhaps allow them the chance to clean it up and then make any additions or mods that may be needed for a DS release. It's obvious that a ton of hard work was put into this and I think if SE could get the ok from most of the original CT team then they would stand to make a ton of money for paying you guys for the hard work. What they would offer you would possibly pale compared to the amount of money they could possibly make. I'd easily pay $40 for a DS version of this game. Seriously guys look up what may need to be done and get talking with SE to see if some agreement can be reached that allows the release. It would be a shame to see this much work be wasted.

EDIT-Normally write in orange on various message boards. Guess that color isn't going to work too well here ^_^()
[/b]

It would be fantastic if SE did that, man.  Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening.  There is almost no precedent for this kind of thing happening.  I think Valve did it once, but to actually release a physical game of this is way beyond wishful thinking.  Don't get me wrong, it is not outside the realm of possibility, but if SE didn't make it themselves, I don't see it happening.  I hope I'm incorrect though.

ravenl0rd

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2009, 03:43:14 am »
The story is the number 8 story on N4G right now. 

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:44 am »
Heh, both threads locked at ROMHacking.net. Looks like Nightcrawler had a majority opinion of one person in closing the Personal Projects forum thread, because the C&D feels fake to him.

I'll never understand why that community has so much unrest, flaming, and drama.

Thanks for the n4g heads up.

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2009, 03:56:19 am »
It would be fantastic if SE did that, man.  Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening.  There is almost no precedent for this kind of thing happening.  I think Valve did it once, but to actually release a physical game of this is way beyond wishful thinking.  Don't get me wrong, it is not outside the realm of possibility, but if SE didn't make it themselves, I don't see it happening.  I hope I'm incorrect though.

I agree with you 100% Raven. It's wishful thinking more than anything. Hell if appeling to Square Enix's fans isn't going to work then perhaps appeling to their wallet may have a chance. Granted it's a slim chance but I always feel slim is better than nothing. Personally if it was me my counter offer to SE would be $100,000 for the rights to do as they wish with the game that would be split among however many people worked on CE. Between that and the distrubition and material costs for putting it on the DS the overall cost would be a drop in the bucket for SE and as I said before SE would have far more to gain than lose if this were the case. Here's hoping someone at Square sees the potential in this project and allowing it to go on somehow as opposed to acting like a 5 year old child that doesn't want to share.

If you use more than one tag, you have to make sure that they mirror each other on the closing tags. Like you used a font, color and then bold tags. That means on the closing they have to be bold, color and then font. If you don't, you'll still get the effects, but you'll have your closing fonts dangling on the ends of your posts. Actually, I guess this will just be for anyone who sees it, I should probably PM this to you...>_>
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:36:49 am by V_Translanka »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2009, 04:50:11 am »
:picardno

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it: when the same exact thing happened 5 years ago with Chrono Resurrection, me and others noted that this kind of project should be kept secret with no way for the corporation to get you. Anonymous style.

Instead again you've let them see you and got shot like in Duck Hunt. And now we're back at square one. See you in another 5 years for more of the same...

CE is the first time a C&D letter has happened to a 16-bit hack of a SNES game. Chrono Resurrection was an engine built from scratch and used 3D graphics.

ravenl0rd

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2009, 05:24:07 am »
So, all we need to do is raise $150,000 and we get the hack?   8)

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2009, 06:19:16 am »
So, all we need to do is raise $150,000 and we get the hack?   8)

lol
While that would be cool somehow I get the feeling it's far from being that simple. I'm no laywer but I get the feeling it would be far more complex than that. :-/

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2009, 06:22:06 am »
On the contrary, give me $150,000, and I'll get SE off our tails, and buy delicious cake for everyone at the Compendium. I'll even cancel Swine Flu.