Author Topic: Cease & Desist Letter  (Read 178466 times)

Unclever title

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Cease & Desist Letter
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2009, 10:34:46 am »
Not just CE but couldn't we keep the threads of the ROM Hacking but moved to a new location, locked, all download links removed, etc. instead of destroying the threads themselves?  Or would that be trying the patience of SE too much?

To be honest part of the joy of reading threads in Kajar labs was learning how the game was constructed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:37:00 am by Unclever title »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2009, 11:11:07 am »
Yeah, I think there should be a "shrine page" dedicated to Crimson Echoes.  Post an assload of screenies, post a plot summary, and the official "C&D Letter".  At least let the world know it existed.

PLEASE YES THIS.

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2009, 11:14:11 am »
I'm very sad too... but I have an idea... why don't you guys release CE not as a Chrono game, but like something else... edit the characters, a little of their history, just enough to not disturb SE, and still, the very people (like me and everyone else posting here on compendium) would play the game knowing that the game would be THAT game. That's my sugestion.

animelover12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:20 am »
*utter silence*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2009, 11:21:58 am »
I'm very sad too... but I have an idea... why don't you guys release CE not as a Chrono game, but like something else... edit the characters, a little of their history, just enough to not disturb SE, and still, the very people (like me and everyone else posting here on compendium) would play the game knowing that the game would be THAT game. That's my sugestion.
Cronosaga? Unlikely.

But if somebody WERE to do that...
Kro, Meryl, Toad, Lidya, Mage, Robot, Alia
Would be completely appropriate, non-copywritten names.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:24:32 am by Mr Bekkler »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:11 am »
It's a hack of Chrono Trigger...more than just names and story references would have to be changed/scrapped, starting with IT COULDN'T BE A HACK OF CHRONO TRIGGER!

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:50 am »
Cronosaga? Unlikely.

But if somebody WERE to do that...
Kro, Meryl, Toad, Lidya, Mage, Robot, Alia
Would be completely appropriate, non-copywritten names.

Well, I prefer this than a Fan Fiction. We would have more hours of fun playing the game than just reading a history or the script itself.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2009, 11:41:12 am »
It's just not going to happen. Square will never let a good fangame get released.

Magnificant Marcus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2009, 11:42:56 am »
I am so sad to see great work being shut down. It looked so awesome and I was looking foreward to playing it. With this said, i'm not going to be some loony fanboy and bash the crap out of SE but I did find it very dumb of them to C&D it right before it was done. Still there is a small speck of light in this darkness and that is the fact that SE can see now that there is a large fanbase out there eager for something. But until that time comes, this is a great loss and with what Boo said, I hope we can make a shrine for it somehow but not just for CE, but for the rest of our projects like this as well. Heres to Kajar Labs, your legacy will live on within our hearts and whatever other body parts can be mentioned.

Raul

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2009, 12:03:32 pm »
Oh man... I visited the CE website every single day since last year, I was totally looking forward to translating to brazilian portuguese and playing this game... Why, Square Enix? I used to love you guys 10 years ago... Now I'm seriously considering never buying another game from you guys again... I hope at least you are happy with your Final Fantasy Remakes, because I AM NOT. Final Fantasy XIII for the Xbox 360 will be your last chance. Do it right, or I will never buy any of your crap again. Assholes...

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »
It's a hack of Chrono Trigger...more than just names and story references would have to be changed/scrapped, starting with IT COULDN'T BE A HACK OF CHRONO TRIGGER!
I agree with you, V!  :lol: But do note that SOMETHING'S better than nothing. Crimson Echoes was supposed to be a full fledged extensive romhack.

But the passion is unending, ain't it? Not many want to make a fanfic out of it yet some do. But what about something that WOULD be legally right and yet would praise CE to it's apex, showing the world that CE had much to offer.

Yeah, as someone stated in this thread, it'd be great to make it a Doujin manga or a fanwork animation, free for broadcast. Hardly anybody's involved with a full quality animation feature for a fan art, so let's do the impossible. :wink: And doing the impossible was what Kajar Labs was all about!

Boo, you're right about the shrine thing. Though I'm not sure what Zeality has in mind. Perhaps he'd just wanna forget about it, or perhaps he'd keep the memories engraved upon the forums. But we'll find a way or the other. And I have a plan.

Raul, I agree with you there.  :lol: But the METHOD you're using to communicate is kind of way off. I reckon it's time we joined SE and show em where they were goin wrong, eh? :wink:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:05 pm »
THE PASSION OF YOUTH KNOWS NO BOUNDS
THE DREAM OF ZEAL IS ALIVE
STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS

It'll take us awhile to regroup as a community, but this is a community worth keeping together. While CE can't be distributed as a modification, I'm sure something good but legal will be in store over the coming months.

All this amazing fan talent the Compendium has attracted can't just be squandered.

povuholo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2009, 12:29:56 pm »
I can understand that they wouldn't bother with shutting these projects down much earlier when they looked like mostly vaporware, but it's really cruel that they did it now that it's all so close! :(  I was going to buy CT for the DS, but I'm not going to do that now, not that it would hurt their sales but still...

Indeed, it has become a spring to never forget.  :x

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2009, 12:58:16 pm »
I thought this tribute might be in order... or something along those lines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvGK4c5uBL0&feature=channel_page

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2009, 01:05:12 pm »
Awww, I feel so depressed viewing that Rox.  :(

I'm listening to "Esto Gaza" from Final Fantasy IX right now. Somber, yet a silver lining somewhere. We just have to find it.