Author Topic: Extra Boss on Chrono Trigger DS  (Read 1587 times)

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
Extra Boss on Chrono Trigger DS
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:17:18 pm »
Okay, I know that there is another thread on this but its PACKED, so I am starting a new one.

With the extra boss in CTDS, Do you think that it is possible that maybe SE found out about Crimson Echoes and wanted to somewhat help out the series by creating a strange but still interesting link between the three games in the series? But then again, how would there be Chrono Cross if Schala is killed? Or is this boss somewhat of a "what if" scenario, kinda like how you can make Lucca's mom's legs work in the endings of the game.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Boss on Chrono Trigger DS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 05:25:48 pm »
The extra boss in CT:DS is a no-win scenario of sorts, with the player being unable to defeat it in any way. All the player can do is survive long enough for Schala to awake and tell them it's fruitless. If Belthasar knows about this encounter in the Darkness Beyond Time, that might be the impetus for the search that leads to the Chrono Cross as the sole instrument that could possibly free her.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »
It's a lead-up to Cross, if anything. Like Faustwolf just mentioned, it's a lose-lose situation, you just get a bit more story through this boss.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:01:44 am »
I would say maybe had Crimson Echoes not received a Cease and Desist letter...