Author Topic: Okay...  (Read 1173 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Okay...
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:09:25 am »
So by now, everyone has read about the C&D from those douchebags. I posted about an hour ago my good-bye.

If I love CT so much, why am I just leaving?

About a month ago, I planned to leave. I've spent four years of my life here and I wanted to get away. But I pushed forward and carried on for two reasons: Crimson Echoes, Darkness Beyond Time, Angelus Errae and Time's Illusion. Now, they're gone.

In a way, I'm glad that these things are gone. A part of me that forced me to stay here essentially is gone now. I can carry on with my life.

I'm free

Also, I think that over time, The Compendium is going to fade off. Try as it might, a lack of support for this game will be the forum's downfall. That's right, I said it.

SquareEnix has no plans to make a sequel for the series ever.

And why would they? They need the time to milk Final Fantasy XIII for all it's worth.

So, Zeality, I hope you and the others can prove me wrong and keep this forum going until the End of Time.

Until then, I'm saying goodbye to my year-long sobriety, my Square and SquareEnix games, and of course, you.

I'll see you on the dark side...

-Josh Bender

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Okay...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:12:24 am »
I know that feeling. I tried to get away from CE a long time before JP came back in 2008 and basically finished coding it.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:35:52 am »
*sigh* no Kajar Lab's, this place will change completely and I am not sure at all what direction it will go at all.

nightmare975 unlike last time I do believe you'll head out, I won't put it past you to still stop by occasionally though.

Seeya buddy, from your buddy at Ashland.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 02:40:21 am »
What made the Chrono Compendium and the Crisis/Ark forums so attractive was the prospect of new, if fan-generated, content. Something tells me the Compendium will continue to thrive, even if not in the same way it had been for awhile.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:41:35 am »
Square's heavy-handed action only pertains to ROM hacking of SE works. The wider body of Chrono series fanwork is still fair game.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 04:12:13 am »
Anyone else feel completely and totally defeated. I mean there is nothing anyone can really do.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 04:16:34 am »
Square's heavy-handed action only pertains to ROM hacking of SE works. The wider body of Chrono series fanwork is still fair game.
I'm still looking forward to CT Unglued and the such.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 06:28:33 am »
This site started out as a thread on OCR. Think on that a little.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:27:53 pm »
There's plenty that can be done. Anything that can be categorized as "fan fiction," "fan music," and "fan art" is perfectly legal (or at least not much minded by SE), so the possibilities still abound.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:31:17 pm »
I think I'm gonna have to dip out for a while too. Maybe not permanently, but if there's one thing I've learned in the past 24 hours it's that I'm thoroughly addicted to the Compendium, and need some cold turkey time.

Good luck, nightmare.

So long for now, everybody. Shout outs to Boo, Eric, V, Faust, and Onslaught. You guys are the ones that kept me here this long.

And of course Z and Ramsus, you guys are super-pretentious in a charming way. Thank you for being the know-it-alls that started this whole site. I am truly greatful and have immense respect for you.

If I forgot anybody who's been here at least as long as I have, sorry. I'm still very distraught.

I'm gonna go ride a bike. I haven't ridden a bike in a long time, and I live right next to the beach, so I feel it's appropriate. If I make any more comics I'll post them in the submissions page but I doubt I'll be here daily again.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 02:34:16 pm »
So long for now, everybody. Shout outs to Boo, Eric, V, Faust, and Onslaught. You guys are the ones that kept me here this long.

And of course Z and Ramsus, you guys are super-pretentious in a charming way. Thank you for being the know-it-alls that started this whole site. I am truly greatful and have immense respect for you.

If I forgot anybody who's been here at least as long as I have, sorry. I'm still very distraught.
I always feel so forgotten...

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 03:06:58 pm »
It just feels so strange being apart of a site that promotes awareness and ultimately money for SE when they just shit all over us.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 03:24:02 pm »

I always feel so forgotten...

Sorry Kebrel. Your criticisms of my comics are appreciated, as were your other opinions I happened upon here in the forums.

Also Jutty/Snorlax. Your cynical world view is particulary humorous. Keep it up.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:19 pm »
It just feels so strange being apart of a site that promotes awareness and ultimately money for SE when they just shit all over us.

Being the little person always sucks. It's a good lesson to learn in a safe environment like this, early in life.