Author Topic: Final Music Considerations  (Read 1101 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Final Music Considerations
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:02:06 pm »
All in all, CE makes really good use of the original Chrono Trigger soundtrack. If there's an overused dungeon theme, it's Black Dream, as you can tell by my placeholder for a replacement song at: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Music.html#Ideas

Anyway, I stayed up all night to finish this playthrough, so I really can't think too straight on what we want to implement. Suggestions are welcome. That music page there should help you see what we already have. I'll attack this again tomorrow.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Music Considerations
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:01:53 pm »
I'll get to this when I finally do a playthrough, but here are some suggestions:

From the CT Prerelease:
* Track 14 -> for the 1005 AD Cathedral, Fiona's Shrine, and Vision Serpent's Hall?
* Keeper's Dome -> can probably replace one or two instances of Black Dream.
* Battle 1 Rough Version -> Reptite Timeline battle theme?
* Tyrano Lair -> Alternate boss battle theme like in PG?

From CT PSX/DS:
* Scattering Blossoms -> replaces Memories of Green?
* One Sunny Day When We Met -> replaces Guardia Millennial Fair?

From RD/CC:
* Frozen Flame -> Frozen Flame appearance in Unto the Breach, and maybe even throughout all the FF nightmares for a continuous nightmarish atmosphere (I don't know, maybe it'd be too long though).

From CC:
* A Narrow Space Between Dimensions -> End of Time theme, since we use Brink of Time in Chronopolis?
* Singing Emotions -> I'm not sure where this could go, but this would be a great "nostalgic situation" theme and it's one of the CC tracks that fits the most with CT due to the absence of guitar.
* Navel of the World -> Prehistory overworld theme?

From Treasure Conflix:
* Unused 5 -> Porre march?

These are just rough ideas; some tracks like Frozen Flame, etc. are clearly more important than the others and we probably won't do everything in this post (finding the right instruments is totally tedious and boring).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:05:58 pm by Chrono'99 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:05:07 am »
Okay, I'll hold off for now, then. I think in the future we'll amass suggestions and maybe have a real-time discussion or at least a big meeting about which are more important than others. We have 10 free slots for sure, probably 11, and 13 if Earthquake and Blackbird (Outside) aren't used anywhere.

We should also give mind to remixing the instruments for the current songs. I have some good rearrangement ideas from 2005 back when we invited contributions, including a really awesome Ocean Palace that'll definitely put an edge on the song for King Zeal.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:23:00 am »
But I think you can use more than 82 slots by changing 1 byte in the rom?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 04:29:56 am »
Yeah, I think we've overcome the problems I once faced with SPC slot expansion.
Of course, there's the space consideration.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 05:11:57 am »
I see...

We have more than enough free space. But would it be a pain coding the music for areas in Temporal Flux, since TF has a hardcoded song list? Or could a plugin be made?