Author Topic: Anime suggestions?  (Read 1424 times)

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Anime suggestions?
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:39:36 pm »
Ok so I watched Gundam Seed and loved it, now I need to find something new to watch. Any suggestions? I absolutely hate DBZ and I have watched Death Note. I really like Mecha stuff. I'm thinking Code Geass maybe.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:03:08 am by Jutty »

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Anime suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:06:14 am »
Ok so I watched Gundam Seed and loved it, now I need to find something new to watch. Any suggestions? I absolutely hate DBZ and I have watched Death Note. I really like Mecha stuff. I'm thinking Code Geass maybe.

You absolutley HATE DBZ?!

how is this possible?! I mean, I thought I was the only one in the universe allowed to hate DBZ and like CT CC at the same time! no wai!

sorry but I dont watch anime anymore.. or anything for that matter.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:15:39 am »
Mecha stuff? Then how about Macross?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 01:19:14 am »
DBZ was flawed because they had to draw things out to fit with the timetable of going along with the manga. I hear they've tried to fix some of that with DBZ Kai. I would suggest checking that out and see if it changes your mind at all...though you should really watch Dragonball first...or you could skip it all and just read the manga which rules.

idk much mecha stuff...Big O was good and I think ZeaLitY would back it too...Kind of a cooler darker-edged sort of mech anime...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 01:24:14 am »
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

:kamina

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:30:18 am »
I haven't seen it myself but I've heard Robotech was good.  That's the only anime that I know of that's really mecha.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:33:06 am »
Oh yeah, some of the newer Appleseed stuff is pretty good and quasi-mecha at times...

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 02:04:00 am »
I really liked Code Geass.

Some other mecha series I enjoyed were Rahxephon, Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven, Full Metal Panic and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:05:31 am by dan_death »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:54 am »
DBZ was flawed because they had to draw things out to fit with the timetable of going along with the manga. I hear they've tried to fix some of that with DBZ Kai. I would suggest checking that out and see if it changes your mind at all...though you should really watch Dragonball first...or you could skip it all and just read the manga which rules.

idk much mecha stuff...Big O was good and I think ZeaLitY would back it too...Kind of a cooler darker-edged sort of mech anime...

What he said!  :lol: Dragonball Manga FTW! Always cracks me up.

I'd say Full Metal Panic, Ninja Robots, Daigunder and Yamato Takeru. Also, who DOESN'T love Hayate no Gotoku? xD

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 10:43:21 am »
Godannar

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 04:10:11 pm »
Didn't we have a topic like this before?

Anyway, I say Shojou Kakumei Utena, X/1999, Bleach, RahXephon, and Death Note. All subbed not dubbed, because the Utena dub is suck, I haven't found an X/1999 dub (why would I want to?), the Bleach dub isn't nearly as complete, RahXephon is laughable, and Death Note is SUCK with dub.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 02:34:55 am »
I will adopt this thread as my own now! I too would like some suggestions to help I have some information:

Most anime dedicated to every day life, like LuckyStar for example, I can not get in too. The same applies to shows about a boy and a whole Harem of women, with the exception of Love Hina(for some odd reason). I no longer have the time for show that are several hundred eps due to time constraints, I am caught up with bleach and that's it. As for shows I like I am very open My top three are: Last Exile, Paranoia Agent, and Full Metal alchemist(yes I am watching the new one). Worthy mentions are Serial Experiments: Lain, Death Note, Berserk, and Baccano!

So any recommendations people?

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 03:49:42 am »
I been watching DB Kai ,not many differences but fights are seriously shorter and not neverending. At least is good I hate to see a 5 minutes fight extended into 5 episodes... Is so damn stupid... *cough "Freezer" *cough

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 11:31:26 am »
I'm not a mecha person...I used to watch DBZ, but it got boring...I feel bad for the guy who made the Manga he was forced to keep continueing it (I'm not sure if everyone noticed the show got more and more inane as it went on. Adding characters, time travel, less focus on comedy, ext. he was obviosuly trying to get people to hate it....however everyone loved it. He originally wanted it to end with Freeza)

I suggest Hiragashi Naku Koroni:When They Cry, however it's a bit bloody and violent so it's not for the sensitive of heart. It's also kinda long (not long like DBZ or Inuyasha just normal long)
Paranoia Agent
Azu Manga Diaoh
Happy Lesson TV
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (However you may suffer from hype averision...and the book it better)
His and Her Circumstances
When I think of more I'll tell you those are just a few off the top of my head.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:19 pm »
Hmm, well, I don't know what to suggest with those themes, but I thought Best student council was pretty good.  That one it both could and could not be considered every day life.