Author Topic: Chrono Trigger soundtrack voted 10th best in Filter poll  (Read 13626 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger soundtrack voted 10th best in Filter poll
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 09:09:20 pm »
I sense an editorial/cursing binge coming out of my keyboard...right about now.

How did motherfucking GTA even MAKE either list?  God fucking damn it to the ninth circle of hell!  Who the hell are these fucking idiots with their heads up their asses?  There's a such thing as having your own opinion, but Jesus motherfucking Christ, even opinions can be goddamned wrong.  It's inarguable that GTA has altered the industry, but only from the standpoint of what the censors tolerate -- the rest of it is complete crap and demonstrates the potency of style over substance.

Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Morrowind, Jedi Outcast, and KOTOR II all should have been on there any day in place of that goddamn pile of shit.  GTA fanboys are different from FF fanboys in that their utter lack of taste and intelligence actually makes me hate the series more.  Whenever I run into an idiot FF fanboy, they're at least right in that FF7 DID have a good story.  But...gah.

Furthermore, why was Majora's Mask on the list?  I'm a massive Zelda fanboy and that still pisses me off to no end.  OOT DOES deserve to be on the top ten best stories list, but not MM.  Not a chance in fucking hell.

CTcronoboy: Disillusioned isn't the word you're looking for.  The word you're looking for is "fucktarded."

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 09:12:08 pm »
Hey, I'd vote Radio Los Santos any day...Ice Cube & Snoop Dogg were on it...How can't ya like that?

I think the only real reason I'd actually vote for GTA is because it was fairly original having radio music (and banter) as in game music. Not many games have done that...It was practically monumentous...But...w/e...

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 09:24:04 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Hey, I'd vote Radio Los Santos any day...Ice Cube & Snoop Dogg were on it...How can't ya like that?

Maybe because both artists produce unutterable crap.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 09:38:16 pm »
if these people who put out polls would give a basic test on the subject matter on what people are voting on, there would be alot less stupid people voting.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 09:42:26 pm »
Dude, there should be a required SAT score to participate in any poll.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 09:47:02 pm »
Quote from: Hadriel

CTcronoboy: Disillusioned isn't the word you're looking for.  The word you're looking for is "fucktarded."

You know, thats perfect!

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 11:03:02 pm »
i dont want frickin geniouses to be the only voters, i want people who know what their voting about.

i'm waiting the the IGN reader's choice awards for the top 99 games of all time to get finished.  CT ranked 12 in the editor's picks, and if CT is on the list, its at least in the top 20 now (thats all they have left).

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 02:01:20 am »
I'm not talking about just geniuses being voters.  I'm talking about people that are a little smarter than the average dope on the street -- people who aren't gullible, in other words, and can think critically enough to form their own opinions.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 05:09:31 am »
people just go ith the masses usally thats why things like gta get ranked high in those polls and GTA is boring as crap now wow lts go steal some shit or do a drive by have some bloody originality and hadrial wtf majora's mask ha good music OOC had more good tracks but MM still had pretty good ones still and as for ff im a fan and the quality is seriously degradeing
ff7 had a good story so did ff8 ff9 was good as well ff10 had its moments ffX-2 kinda crap storywise ff12 looks like one of those since its on a dvd we'll wright only  bit of good story and make the rest crap to fill space
and s fornintendo they have like 2 good series of games metroid and zelda (and if you  kid kirby i suppose) its because of fanboys to things like ff they dont worry about quality cause the fanboy buy them nomatter what...... 'sigh' now i feel better

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 10:08:16 am »
I hope you feel better -- I could barely read that.

I was talking about MM's storyline, not the music.  But even MM's music doesn't deserve to be in the top ten.  It's of good quality, but not THAT good.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 02:38:46 pm »
heh, he only had periods at the end of that whole thing.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 03:20:53 am »
Quote from: Hadriel
I hope you feel better -- I could barely read that.

I was talking about MM's storyline, not the music.  But even MM's music doesn't deserve to be in the top ten.  It's of good quality, but not THAT good.

my keyboard was lagging and i was slightly drunk.

Oh you ment MM's storyline did you, and MM's music in the top ten i wasn't saying it was that good just that it had some very good tracks.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 05:13:13 am »
Quote from: saridon

And you posted? Ai, not a good combination, eh? Come to think of it, though, I've done that once or twice, so maybe I'll just be silent now.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005, 06:35:42 am »
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages

And you posted? Ai, not a good combination, eh? Come to think of it, though, I've done that once or twice, so maybe I'll just be silent now.

I don't get the whole drunk call/drunk post thing. Despite my several adventures in imbibment, I've never felt compeled to alert other, non-present parties to my state.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 09:59:38 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages

I don't get the whole drunk call/drunk post thing. Despite my several adventures in imbibment, I've never felt compeled to alert other, non-present parties to my state.

it prevents people thinking i may always be like that