Author Topic: So ima be up til 9:00...  (Read 1429 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
So ima be up til 9:00...
« on: April 30, 2009, 05:31:56 am »
because I couldnt sleep so if i fell asleep now I would miss my 7:30 test...

and now for some of the worst quotes from other sites...
"
I personally have to join the hardcore chrono trigger fans and say Chrono cross never happened. I still await a true chrono trigger sequel.

Cross felt like a dark angsty RPG that lacked the epic feel, the heart, or the endearing characters Chrono Trigger had. I'd rather in fact think of CT as a perfect stand alone game with no need for a sequel.
"

I love how he thinks of himself as a "hardcore" fan.  Yeah, right.  What foolishness hath thou wrought.

"
Chrono Trigger, was just...amazing..hands down one of the most amazing RPG's EVARRRR...im honestly still..yet to play cross..i loved trigger so much i was scared of ruining my experience of the chrono series
"

Thats EXACTLY the foolishnes thou hath wrought.  Its people like that first guy that ruins the series for everyone else.   It takes one person to kill it for many others, and its hard to reconvince those people otherwise after they've been spoiled.

I think I just realized why those who play CC before CT usually like it better.

Atleast, another reason why...

CC and CT have the same stories behind them...  And as such, they have the exact same "OMG WTF" moments when you learn something new.

Like when you first learn of Lavos in CC or CT its an "OMG WTF" moment...  Both games carry the same moment, HOWEVER its only experiencable ONCE.  or for that matter, only experienceable on one or the other. Its like this with many of the other moments in the games as well...

Basically, when you play one,  you already learn the backstory of the other, which both try to "teach" backstory in a way that will give players a deeper feeling.

When you play CC first, alot of the Shared moments get allocated to CC and increase its rep by alot,
and the same with CT as well.

??? eh?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:59:14 pm by IAmSerge »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: So ima be up til 9:00...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:31 am »
It's one thing to quote & critique people's posts for their own sake...It's quite another just to bring them up randomly somewhere else where they cannot defend their words. It seems somewhat petty on your part...If you disagree with someone & want to say so, you should say so to them, not bring up and scoff them behind their backs when you're somewhere where others are more likely to side with you.

Besides the extreme & utter bitterness, I can completely understand where the first person is coming from. The themes & characters differ greatly between Trigger & Cross.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I played Chrono Cross before I played Radical Dreamers and liked RD more, but I played Chrono Trigger before either of them and liked CT over either. I could say that it points that graphics whores and anti-DBZ douchebags like CC more than CT and have just as much evidence. People have different tastes. That's all. Just because a couple of people don't agree with you is no reason to make a bunch of rash judgements about people.

Otherwise, your 'thou arts' seemed pretentious (or at least stupid) and the rest of your post about the games having the same "moments" and such just seemed like flowery BS to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and your topic title explains pretty much nothing of what your thread is trying to accomplish.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:42:47 pm by V_Translanka »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:49 pm »

Fragraham
Insomniac With a Pencil

"
1. I personally have to join the hardcore chrono trigger fans and say Chrono cross never happened. I still await a true chrono trigger sequel.

2. Cross felt like a dark angsty RPG that lacked the epic feel, the heart, or the endearing characters Chrono Trigger had. I'd rather in fact think of CT as a perfect stand alone game with no need for a sequel.
"

I love how he thinks of himself as a "hardcore" fan.  Yeah, right.  What foolishness hath thou wrought.

"
3. Chrono Trigger, was just...amazing..hands down one of the most amazing RPG's EVARRRR...im honestly still..yet to play cross..i loved trigger so much i was scared of ruining my experience of the chrono series
"

Thats EXACTLY the foolishnes thou hath wrought.  Its people like that first guy that ruins the series for everyone else.   It takes one person to kill it for many others, and its hard to reconvince those people otherwise after they've been spoiled.

4. I think I just realized why those who play CC before CT usually like it better.

5. CC and CT have the same stories behind them...  And as such, they have the exact same "OMG WTF" moments when you learn something new.

Like when you first learn of Lavos in CC or CT its an "OMG WTF" moment...  6. Both games carry the same moment, HOWEVER its only experiencable ONCE.  or for that matter, only experienceable on one or the other. Its like this with many of the other moments in the games as well...

7. Basically, when you play one,  you already learn the backstory of the other, which both try to "teach" backstory in a way that will give players a deeper feeling.

When you play CC first, alot of the Shared moments get allocated to CC and increase its rep by alot,

??? eh?

This is discussed in better ways and in other places all over the Compendium, and V's right for the most part.

this is from right here.
Serge uses a Time Egg—given to him by Belthasar—to enter the Darkness Beyond Time and vanquish the Time Devourer. He separates Schala from Lavos and restores the dimensions to one. Thankful, Schala muses on evolution and the struggle of life and returns Serge to his home, noting that he will forget the entire adventure. She then seemingly records the experience in her diary, set upon a desk on which a wedding photo of Kid and Serge appears. She then embarks on a mysterious search for Serge as cut scenes depict her walking through a modern city. The ambiguous ending leaves the events of the characters' lives following the game up to interpretation.
2. That's his opinion. And hardly one of the "worst". It includes no L337, no spelling errors, no terrible grammatical problems, and has evidence to back it up.
3. Have you ever seen the first Matrix movie? Pretty cool, right? Until you see the other ones. Then you realize it's just another monomyth condensed into a special effects crapfest. People are right to be afraid of sequels ruining a franchise.
4. Because they don't know what they're missing? Hyuk hyuk hyuk.  :lol:
5. WRONG.
6. What about New Game +? Both games have it, and you can experience whatever you want as many times as you want. Literally.
7. I just don't understand what you mean, or what you're getting at there. Would you care to explain?

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:41 pm »

Fragraham
Insomniac With a Pencil

"
I personally have to join the hardcore chrono trigger fans and say Chrono cross never happened. I still await a true chrono trigger sequel.

Cross felt like a dark angsty RPG that lacked the epic feel, the heart, or the endearing characters Chrono Trigger had. I'd rather in fact think of CT as a perfect stand alone game with no need for a sequel.
"

"
Chrono Trigger, was just...amazing..hands down one of the most amazing RPG's EVARRRR...im honestly still..yet to play cross..i loved trigger so much i was scared of ruining my experience of the chrono series
"

CC and CT have the same stories behind them...  And as such, they have the exact same "OMG WTF" moments when you learn something new.

Like when you first learn of Lavos in CC or CT its an "OMG WTF" moment...  Both games carry the same moment, HOWEVER its only experiencable ONCE.  or for that matter, only experienceable on one or the other. Its like this with many of the other moments in the games as well...

Basically, when you play one,  you already learn the backstory of the other, which both try to "teach" backstory in a way that will give players a deeper feeling.

??? eh?

Wow, looks like some crap straight off of gamefaqs... :(

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:28 pm »
Wow, looks like some crap straight off of gamefaqs... :(
QFT

This is a completely pointless thread made to rant at a single quote of an unknown author. Move to the CCvCT thread thats somewhere around here (infact I think we have several).

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:46 pm »
I posted this at what, 3 somethign in the morning? I think i fell asleep like, within the next 20 minutes of this... and yes, I missed my test.

Im going to follow along using your #s... it seems appropriate.

1&2: Its not that one person's opinion that I hated.  Its the general idea that "This game sucked so much that Ima pretend it wasn't a real sequel, its not part of the series at all."  People come in with too much expectations of a game which in the end just ruins it for them.  Its that kind of attitude that gets spread to people who havent played it before that cause them to be scared to play it.  I'm not trying to bash any single person, I'm bashing a general idea.
3: Personally I enjoyed the 3 matrix movies.  Forgive me but I'm not sure I've ever been scared of a sequel.
4: I was intending to mean one of the possible reasons why...
5: No, not wrong.  You misinterpreted what I said.  They have the same history, backstory, etc... 
6: What I was intending to mean was that there are moments when CC reteaches some of the things in CT.
7: Players will either learn their backstory for one or the other.  The feeling of learning some sort of new backstory gives the player a deeper feeling of the game rather than when they are just retold things they already know.  Thusly this specific deeper feeling gets "allocated" to either one of the games in a players mind, but never both.  They will make the player feel better and enjoy the game more, possibly pushing the enjoyment rate of one game higher than that of the other.

thats what I was intending to say.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »
I posted this at what, 3 somethign in the morning? I think i fell asleep like, within the next 20 minutes of this... and yes, I missed my test.

Im going to follow along using your #s... it seems appropriate.

1&2: Its not that one person's opinion that I hated.  Its the general idea that "This game sucked so much that Ima pretend it wasn't a real sequel, its not part of the series at all."  People come in with too much expectations of a game which in the end just ruins it for them.  Its that kind of attitude that gets spread to people who havent played it before that cause them to be scared to play it.  I'm not trying to bash any single person, I'm bashing a general idea.
3: Personally I enjoyed the 3 matrix movies.  Forgive me but I'm not sure I've ever been scared of a sequel.
4: I was intending to mean one of the possible reasons why...
5: No, not wrong.  You misinterpreted what I said.  They have the same history, backstory, etc... 
6: What I was intending to mean was that there are moments when CC reteaches some of the things in CT.
7: Players will either learn their backstory for one or the other.  The feeling of learning some sort of new backstory gives the player a deeper feeling of the game rather than when they are just retold things they already know.  Thusly this specific deeper feeling gets "allocated" to either one of the games in a players mind, but never both.  They will make the player feel better and enjoy the game more, possibly pushing the enjoyment rate of one game higher than that of the other.

thats what I was intending to say.

1 and 2 have been discussed to death here.
5 was definitely wrong. You corrected it nicely, but let it be known that history/backstory and just regular "story" are not the same thing. They are wildly different, especially in the context used here. You were implying that the two were almost the same game, whether you meant to or not. I get what you're saying now, though.

Just don't hate. And if you have to hate, there's a thread for it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 03:07:46 pm »
The world will get its true sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Soon.

Very soon.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 03:12:09 pm »
The world will get its true sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Soon.

Very soon.

I love you Faust. Unless you're a boy. Then I'd just think you're a good dude who makes good stuff.  :wink: (CC patch rules)

Edit: (just so you know this whole post is supposed to be funny and promote awareness to the Magus Unmasked patch that, if you haven't heard, fucking rules)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:14:22 pm by Mr Bekkler »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:13:58 pm »
Faust, I'd veer away from "True sequel" and more towards " Direct sequel". Same kind of power and less people getting all pissing over semantics.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »
Mr. Bekkler, I was actually referring to CE, but there's also that. CE is going to blaze a trail, and it might just lead to a "Compilation of Chrono." Like the Compilation of FF7, only done right.

I guess using the word "direct" would be more...direct.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 03:17:54 pm »
That is a good point, and I was assuming you're talking about CE, but I'd still love to see more DBT stuff, even with a "Prophet's Guile" minimalist style, I'd really like to see more fan hacks of Cross. I think it could really go somewhere amazing that hasn't yet had a visit.

Edit: plus that seems to be the one thing extremist fans from both sides would really like. Maybe I'm just projecting though.  :D

And please, call me Norstein. (I've been waiting to use that joke since I got this name! Haha! Lame, huh?)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:21:16 pm by Mr Bekkler »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40:57 pm »
DBT is still very much under development. It's going to be a long time before something major in the way of Chrono Cross hacks is produced though; best we can do for now is probably release an updated Magus Unmasked patch late this Summer with more appropriate animations, thanks to HyperGeek. It's always baby steps, sort of like how the Colliseum patch came out during the early phase of Chrono Trigger modification.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 05:57:33 pm »
I said the story behind them was the same... behind...

in MY mind, that translates to backstory and history...  my apologies, good sir

Edit: They've been discussed to death but your link to "here" really didn't provide me any real answer on what the conclusion to the discussion was... 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:59:38 pm by IAmSerge »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 11:41:18 pm »
The link was straight to the forum main page. It was supposed to be a joke, sorry. I have kind of a dry sense of humor.