Author Topic: ASK KITASE ABOUT THE CHRONO SERIES (too late!)  (Read 1244 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
ASK KITASE ABOUT THE CHRONO SERIES (too late!)
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:51:37 am »
Quote from: IGN
Kitase-san is in London next week to promote Dissidia, and IGN is presenting you with an opportunity to field your questions to one of the key figures behind the Final Fantasy series. To put your query forward, simply tell us what you want asked in the comments section below and we'll pick the best questions to present to Kitase-san.

Oh, and before you ask points will be deducted for asking about a Final Fantasy VII remake.

This is kinda tricky. IGN might get a bit irritated if they see too many Chrono-related questions when they're primarily asking for Dissidia/FF13-related questions. But this is a great opportunity for us Chrono fans to hear Kitase's opinion. As has been discussed in another topic, mails to SE USA and SE Japan aren't read by any high-ranking designer and only get pre-written answers, so this interview with Kitase may well be the only opportunity we'll have in a while to hear something new and official about the Chrono series.

So if you want to ask Kitase about a new Chrono game, post something at IGN in the relevant topic. You have to register a (free) account though. I'm not posting a direct link to their news, because I don't want IGN to see we're all coming from a Chrono fansite. Just search for this expression in Google and you'll find it immediately:

975186p1 "A chance to put your questions to Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase."

Once there, click on "Add Comment". Don't just post "When will a new Chrono game be released??" or something too simple. Try to back up your question with one or two interesting points, like "Since you've been a director on Chrono Trigger, do you...", etc. Here are few points you might want to point out in your question:

* Kitase was a director on Chrono Trigger.
* Chrono Trigger is regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.
* Square Enix recently ported Chrono Trigger to the DS.
* 2009 is the 10th anniversary of Chrono Cross' release.

Eh, I can't think of anything else. Throw in a question on Dissidia or FF13 before your Chrono question maybe, for good measure. Anyway, you know what you have to do now. Help the Chrono series!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:35:39 am by Chrono'99 »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: ASK KITASE ABOUT THE CHRONO SERIES
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:24:48 am »
Or maybe work the question into your question about Dissidia like: Hey, since you worked on the Chrono series and everyone loves the Chrono series (etc or w/e), any chance of one of those characters popping up on Dissidia? Maybe as just a downloadable character or something?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 02:49:41 pm »
Nice catch '99. Is there any way we can come up with one really good question and say "The Chrono Compendium" is the question asker? Might sound, I dunno, more "official" or something. On the other hand, that's an invitation for Square Enix to check out our site, and they might learn about CE and can us or something.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:25:49 pm »
Wow, it's already over :shock:

Quote from: Martin-IGN
Thanks for all your questions. We'll be going through and picking the best ones to put to Kitase, and the ones that get through will all be credited.

Check back later in the week for the answers from Kitase-san.

A few CT and CC related questions were posted. Let's see if that "Mac an Luin" (me) or someone else gets selected...

EDIT: I guess I can post a link now: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/975/975186p1.html

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: ASK KITASE ABOUT THE CHRONO SERIES (too late!)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:49:27 am »
Alright, IGN finally posted the interview. Sadly, no Chrono questions were picked :(

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980580p1.html

Apart from Dissidia and FFXIII, Kitase was asked about FFV DS, FFVI DS and the Compilation of FFVII. The Dissidia director also mentioned a sequel to FFIX in an answer, but of course it's nothing concrete, just the typical "We don't have any plan for this but yeah this would be a nice idea I guess". The most baffling question, however, is this:

IGN: Final Fantasy XI is getting on now – is there a possibility of another online game soon?

Yoshinori Kitase: We can't release any comments at this stage.

Sigh. Kitase answered cautiously since it's not his project, but we already know that the FFXI team is working on another online game, codenamed "Rapture". Hiromichi Tanaka and the Crystal Tools programmers confirmed it more than once. IGN just wasted a question. *Facepalm* at the last question too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:51:55 am by Chrono'99 »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:49 pm »
Not one Chrono related question? Unbelievable...

Then again his answers were so vague that the effort of getting a decent Chrono question up might have resulted in more of an upset than not having one.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:28:30 pm »
Last question won the interview.  And this topic.....  As well as the world..........

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:40:47 pm »
The answer to the questions about getting the original language tracks almost made me cry...They don't even know we exist! :'(

Glad there's hope for FFV & FFVI DS...sorta...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 11:17:32 pm »
Eh... im sure someone will make a patch for that... legal or otherwise.