Author Topic: Chrono ranked 14th on Famitsu's "Most Wanted Sequel" poll  (Read 2476 times)

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono ranked 14th on Famitsu's "Most Wanted Sequel" poll
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:19 pm »
I wish Freespace had been on the list.  Although that wasn't originally made in Japan, but still that game needs a sequel more than like any other game I've played.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 08:44:43 pm »
I can easily see Xenogears beating Chrono Trigger, but Breath of Fire? Seriously?

Someone mentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga. Biggest mistake I've ever made: selling that game for $50 back in the day after I got done playing it. Now it is worth over $500 and I have been itching to play it again. God I would kill to have a remake of that awesome game.

Jeff Zero

• Earthbound (+15)
  • omg, l2ascend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 12:50:48 pm »
And frankly, Xenogears turned ten last year and there's been no port, nothing, to more literally follow in its footsteps.

Xenogears was released on the PlayStation Network last year.

Snap, I forgot about that. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also, since we're now on the subject of non-Japanese games that need a new entry, I'd like to bring Legacy of Kain into the discussion.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »
Doesn't Legacy of Kain already have five games? The last time I played that was when the first Blood Omen came out.
I really would like to see a Golden Sun sequel. Such great games. There is a small community working on an mmo-type thing for it, but it's going nowhere fast.

Jeff Zero

• Earthbound (+15)
  • omg, l2ascend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:43:07 pm »
Doesn't Legacy of Kain already have five games? The last time I played that was when the first Blood Omen came out..

Yeah, but after the first game finished, the series became just that -- you had to play the previous installments to make sense of things, but more often than not you were in for a treat if you did. Unfortunately, somewhat weaker sales and some internal company politics led to Legacy of Kain: Defiance being the fifth and final installment, despite it not being meant as such. Although on the bright side of things, some issues were finally resolved. All sorts of stuff was left hanging, though.

darkmagic42

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 10:05:32 pm »
if Okami hadn't been wii-made recently there probably would've been a sequel already. i just hope it comes out soon. And a Chrono one too, of course.