Author Topic: "Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 18" is Now Completed!  (Read 865 times)

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
"Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 18" is Now Completed!
« on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:40 am »
Chrono Trigger 18 lives!!!

QUICK DESCRIPTION:

Nadia, believing that Crono has long since been executed, goes into despair while being kept captive in her room by the castle guards. However, it quickly turns out that hope is afoot; thusly she formulates a plan to break out and help Crono and Lucca while there is still time! Furthermore, the Chancellor's flair for the dramatic finally manages to bite him in the ass. Lastly, this episode also features a completely redesigned all new credits sequence.

COMMENTS:

Yesiree, this is the episode that debuts the 2nd ever credits sequence to the series. Where as the first credit sequence was based on Paranoia Agent, this one is actually based on Iria: Zeiram the Animation. Also - in this episode - I would like to greatly thank Kris Sumrall for all the help he provided, the clickies scene would have never gotten done without his custom Marle-in-Dress sprites. You will see more custom sprite work from him in future episodes of CTU, so be sure to be on the look out for it!

OTHER THINGS:

My webcomic Work-Study is still updating regularly now that I have an artist helping me. So, be sure to check it out ... please?

:kamina

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
Re: "Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 18" is Now Completed!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 03:02:55 am »
*Bows to the master*

Nice as always! Can't wait to see how you do the battle with Magus and the Zeal arc. Keep it up! :D

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:15:44 pm »
Great episode as always.  :) However, I was disappointed when it didn't end in the first appearance of 2300 A.D.  :(  I remember reading a while ago that this episode would feature 2300 A.D. Now we have to wait longer?!? Geez how long does this last?

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:29:40 pm »
Sorry, this episode was ultimately released stopping sooner than originally intended due to the massive amount of work that went into the new credits sequence. The next episode will have to feature 2300 AD merely because there's not enough material left in 1000 AD for yet another episode without doing so. Fortunately, I don't have to make another new credits sequence for quite some time. Making those credits were just brutal, and was far harder than I actually realized it would be.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:43:49 pm »
Fantastic work, it felt like CTUnglued really got back into the spirit of the older episodes, which were sheer classics. Great work on the new sprites and the ending sequence. While I miss everyone laughing while all hell is breaking loose around them, you have to admit this is more upbeat.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:45:32 pm by FaustWolf »

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 06:40:37 pm »
TO ALL:

SCHWANKYENDARO!!!

I got Fifth Place!

TO FAUSTWOLF:

I think after years of working together, Cryo and I are finally hitting a groove about how to play off each other. As for the old credits sequence, perhaps I should put it and the new one up somewhere so that people can enjoy them by themselves.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:09:30 pm »
Great job on the show! I'm glad it's still being worked on, I thought it was another dead project after I watched all that was linked on the Compendium. Looking forward to the next episode!

By the way, you have a very good spriter. Give him candy.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 07:32:12 pm »
Don't worry, I'll give him candy. (Mock Evil Grin) In fact, I'll force feed him the candy if I must! (Mock Evil Laughter)

:lol:

But in all seriousness, I do thank him almost constantly for agreeing to help us out. Those custom Nadia sprites were a real life saver, and the script for the interactive scene would have been downright impossible to pull off without them.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:01:17 pm »
Yes, I admit it felt like that episode was going back to the roots and it was awsome. The only downfall was the length. And daily 5th. Nice!

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:41 pm »
Now if only I could get a series page on Newgrounds...