Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1297 times)

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Howdy
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:06:56 am »
Normally I don't make these "hey, look at the newbie" threads, but thought I would this time. I've lurked around here a bit, but never dove into the boards too much. I was reading the DS spoiler thread which came up on a search and decided to register.

Basically, CT has been my favorite game ever since I played it on my friend's SNES soon after it came out. Never really had a chance to play CC, but I think I've found a remedy for that... Played the CT ROM off and on once I discovered emulation. Recently decided to buy a DS and found out about the CT port for it, so that rekindled my flame and I found some of the ROM hacks here like "Prophet's Guile" and "Crimson Echoes".

Right now, I'm currently waiting for my 2nd purchase of CT for the DS to get here. The first one I bought came from Hong Kong, and while I've had a number of dealings with buying good stuff from there, this time, I got screwed, as the saved game data would corrupt. It would somewhat work at first, but then it just completely went out on me, and I got ebay to give me my money back and go after the seller when he wouldn't respond to my emails.

Enough of that. Hope to see some more awesome stuff from the folks on this board.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:13:00 am »
Welcome to the Compendium...

This place pulled me in, despite my hatred of forums.  In fact, this is the only forum I frequent (correction: two days ago I registered in a Manaverse forum); it's that good.  Anywho, as you can tell this is a dedicated, diverse, and intensified fanbase who loves the Chronoverse very, very much.

As such, there are many fan projects in the works, and if you haven't heard, Crimson Echoes (a "midquel" that bridges the events between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross), a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger (created, to a certain extent, using the same engine as Chrono Trigger), is going to be released within the next month or two.  Plus, there are several other hidden Chrono games in the works (maybe not hidden, but chugging away in the shadows), as well as several mods.

So feel free to get involved, if you'd like!  There's always something going on!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:24:24 am »
Welcome to the Compendium!

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:06 am »
Welcome! Your arrival here sounds quite similar to mine; played the game nearly 15(!) years ago and got a spark of nostalgia once the DS port came out. Enjoy your stay.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:05:56 am »
Welcome! That sucks that your first CTDS didn't work out, but I'm glad that you didn't give up on it or anything...Probably best not to go through China for this one since it's so dang important! Anyways, we all pretty much love the series here and I hope you find CC as an enjoyable experience...You also might wanna root around for Radical Dreamers, the first sequel to CT which basically inspired (/was, to a degree, remade as...) Chrono Cross.

Anyways...let's random google something, shall we? Hmmm...let's try...

RANDOM GOOGLE'D YOUR SN + THE WORD "SEX"~!!

Yeah, going for the image with bewbs in it is apparently a part of my nature I cannot avoid...Hope you enjoy! I love how they misspelled "apparently"... :lol:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:09:35 am by V_Translanka »

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:37 am »
Hey new guy.

Judi Chop!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:24 am »
Holy shit, I can't wait for the Superman/Wonder Woman movie now!

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:51:48 pm »
Thanks for the welcome, fellas. I have the CE demos. DLed them a couple months ago, although I haven't finished them yet. Looking forward to the release. RD has also moved from "someday" to my to do list. I also plan to wander around and see what else I can find in the labs... Free time during finals will have much from the Chronoverse, I think...

That is one of my favorite BJJ motivational posters... although to be honest, I can't say that I ever saw the spelling error before... :D

And there is no such thing as a Judo chop.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:57:05 pm by RedNeckJiuJitsu »

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:42:44 pm »

You mean I've been lied to by Austin Powers (and Nigel Powers in Goldmember) all these years?

Noooo!!
I refuse to believe it...  :D

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:59:30 pm »

How about the Kratee Chop or the Ninjy Chop?

Anyways, greetings and welcome to the Chrono Compendium, do enjoy your time here.

*GetsPunSlapped*

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 04:11:57 am »
If we all got slapped for every pun we made then everyone who contributed to the slogan thread would be black & blue (or possibly blood-red & dead) by now, myself included.

Oh yeah, and you also might want to check out one of the two fan-translations available (depending on if you want something very literal or something a little less-so), RedNeckJiuJitsu. While the new translation in CTDS is quite a step-up from Woosley's translation, I think the fan ones offer the most insight.