Author Topic: Sewers in 2300AD  (Read 12833 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Sewers in 2300AD
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 10:49:52 pm »
You can pretty much avoid every battle in the first ruins...He's a genius as well, so I'm sure he could have figured ways around monsters' hiding spots. Might also be easier to avoid detection if you're one instead of three.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 08:27:41 pm »
I second Dark Serge's analysis. Take the plot of Cross for example: Belthasar clearly has no problem with weighing the lives of thousands just to suit what he views as a moral action. He was probably unconcerned with the people in the domes because he realized that if he could somehow build a time machine, then either him or someone else could prevent this future from ever existing and all of those people would never exist in the first place anyways.

So, you're an old man and you're stranded in the future and you are the sole person who has the knowledge of how to build a time travelling device - what do you do? Do you waste your time trying to help the hopelessly starving people of the world, or do you put all of your energy and resources into the building of that time machine? A moral decision - Belthasar would have to weigh the lives of thousands against the entire future of the planet, a decision which he clearly has no trouble making again during Cross.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »
All right, so hold on a minute.

It's still possible though the new translation that he could have rebuilt a heavily damaged dome or some such...but w/e. And perhaps he didn't want it to stick out too much (seeing how he knows what Lavos did with the last Zealian structures :lol:)...and then there's the doorways which are pretty Zealian...

Since you're citing the door as evidence...

What about the same exact doors found in the other domes, hm? Did he just stick around in the other areas to randomly build doors?  Are they random doors from Zeal that people dug up and put in their domes, only to find that they couldn't open them? That doesn't seem very probable...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 07:51:03 pm »
I thought I was one of the ones saying that it was completely plausible that Belthasar could have traveled between areas...? Thus, he kept stores of his neat junk all over...Heck, maybe he got the Nu to do it.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 08:38:26 pm »
I thought I was one of the ones saying that it was completely plausible that Belthasar could have traveled between areas...? Thus, he kept stores of his neat junk all over...Heck, maybe he got the Nu to do it.

Yeah, I'm just wondering how the doors got there since no one actually says that Belthasar put them there. At least, I don't remember anyone actually crediting him with putting them there. Isn't the only Belthasar reference the one where they talk about how he's living near Death Peak?

How would he have put them there without anyone noticing/before anyone could remember? He hasn't been there THAT long.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 09:07:18 pm »
The ones who talk about the doors just mention how they can't open them. From the way they say it, it doesn't seem they were built recently.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 07:02:12 am »
The doors can be old but still a creation of Belthasar. It is likely that Belthasar arrived in the future more than ten years before 2,300 AD, perhaps even twenty years before, if he spent the same amount of time in the future than Janus did in the Middle Ages.

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »
The domes were created sometime around/before 1999. The "Director" also seems fully aware of Lavos, and they even had a "ShelterDome". If my memory serves correctly, there was a bridge that needed the code you got from the rat, that led only to a Zealian door.

Why would only that door need a code, when all of the other doors are accessible? Argh, Belthasar playin' mind games. :x

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 07:53:56 am »
Wow.....gotta say I'm surprised. I figured it was a given that everyone knew he was there. Hell my first two times playing CT I thought that you HAD to go there during the first trip to 2300 AD. If anything for people that skip going there I'd have thought that your characters having a flashback to a scene you skipped may have been the hint that something was missed along the way :lol:

Not saying anyone is dumb mind you.....as I said I'm just surprised ^_~

chapapote

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:15 am »
Actually in that one flashback where you see the Guru's disappearing in the black gates, you see Belthasar ending up in a dome. So either he ended up in one of the other domes and crossed the ruins, or he didn't build Keeper's Dome and ended up there immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btEs0hVncDc&feature=relmfu

Belthasar appears at 1:44. Which dome do you think it is?

Anyway, Keeper's Dome is located in the same spot Melchior's Hut is located at year 1000. Maybe he found the leftovers and used them to complete his investigations.