Author Topic: Sewers in 2300AD  (Read 12835 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Sewers in 2300AD
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:04:34 pm »
So the first time in 2300 ad, I went through the Sewers before racing Johnny and at the other end I found Belthasar and his Nu. Belthasar was alive! I don't remember that from the SNES version, and was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

He was talking about how he missed Schala and asked the team if they'd seen his work, the Blackbird, etc.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: Sewers in 2300AD
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:16:11 pm »
He was alive in the SNES version - actually in all versions for that matter. He doesn't die until you come back later for the Epoch, and you find his Nu there to which he has transferred his memory into.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:16:26 pm »
Yup, that was most definitely there in the SNES version. When I first rented it, I thought for some reason you were supposed to go through the sewers. Boy, was Sir Krawlie hellish to fight at that point.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:04:06 pm »
Yeah, I thought that too. Actually it's easier to clear the sewers first so you don't have to do it later.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 07:11:34 pm »
First time I played, also went through the sewers first, but didn't entered the dome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
That kind of depends on your definition of "easier"...I mean, you still have to eventually go through it at one point...If you do it later you'll be at higher levels so wouldn't it be "easier" that way? Most battles down there can be avoided though so I don't see a problem either way. It's nice sometimes to do it later because there's one little dialog trigger before you go down a level in the sewers that normally you'd only get to see Marle & Lucca's, but if you save it for later you can have a different party (though it's not a great big hunk of dialog...I think everyone basically says that it's creepy or something)...

And, yeah, I didn't know people didn't know he was alive at that point...I mean, people in the domes kind of talk about the crazy guy living at the other end of the sewers or whatever...

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 08:33:53 pm »
...I mean, people in the domes kind of talk about the crazy guy living at the other end of the sewers or whatever...

Which is why I went to the sewers first, even before going down to find the seeds (I had a really hard time, too)
I wonder though: how did people know Belthasar was living in that Dome? I mean, these huge, strong beasts were roaming the sewers, and the sick people in that period couldn't have gone through Krawlie to visit the old man and have some tea with him and hear him mumble about his past, right?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:40:32 pm »
Well, it wasn't that they went to him, but rather Belthasar must have visited the Arris Dome before he went there.

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »
And they just assume that he made it safely through the sewers and is still alive?

Also, how long do you think Belthasar lived in that dome alone (well, with the Nu)?
Or how long people lived during those bleak times?

Kinda random, pointless questions, but I'm a curious gal (and being incredibly bored doesn't help matters much)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:55 pm »
I think going through the sewers when you first get the chance just adds more to the story.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 09:09:14 pm »
And they just assume that he made it safely through the sewers and is still alive?

Also, how long do you think Belthasar lived in that dome alone (well, with the Nu)?
Or how long people lived during those bleak times?

Kinda random, pointless questions, but I'm a curious gal (and being incredibly bored doesn't help matters much)

1) He crossed the #32 Ruins already by just reaching Arris Dome. You think the people will have a doubt that he crossed the sewers safely?
2) Not sure on this one, but probably months already considering the time it took him to build the dome.
3) Look at Doan, old enough to be a grandfather, and still alive. Hardly he would be the only one to reach that age.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:12:15 pm »
Yeah I remember I got so annoyed at that point.  I couldn't figure out what to do and I went through the sewers and ended just going back thinking there is nothing here only to find I wasted a lot of time on nothing.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:14:18 pm »
3) Look at Doan, old enough to be a grandfather, and still alive. Hardly he would be the only one to reach that age.
Doan might look old, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is old. When subject to disease, malnutrition, and adverse weather conditions, people's bodies will age faster than normal. He could be in his thirties or forties for all we know.

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 10:13:05 pm »
2) Not sure on this one, but probably months already considering the time it took him to build the dome.

The idea of him building the dome never once entered my mind. I always assumed he settled there because it was abandoned, and maybe spruced it up a bit to fit his purpose.

How could he have built the entire thing by himself? Or maybe he got help from the Nu (properly equipped with a toolbelt and a helmet  :D)?

Hey, where did he get that Nu from?  :o

(alas, the random, pointless questions continue...)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:01 pm »

The idea of him building the dome never once entered my mind. I always assumed he settled there because it was abandoned, and maybe spruced it up a bit to fit his purpose.

How could he have built the entire thing by himself? Or maybe he got help from the Nu (properly equipped with a toolbelt and a helmet  :D)?

Hey, where did he get that Nu from?  :o

(alas, the random, pointless questions continue...)

Along with theirs answers...

1) Magic? I don't know this one.
2) Well, the Nu from that sealed pyramid mentions about soon reuniting with Belthasar. Don't know much about this, but it may hint it's the same Nu.