Author Topic: The Beatles’ Remastered Albums  (Read 898 times)

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
The Beatles’ Remastered Albums
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:58:11 am »
This is sort of old news, though it's not old until it's happened...but anyways, on September 9th, the Beatles' remastered albums are set to come out, no not just a few songs put onto one CD, all their studio albums, even Magical Mystery Tour, and Past Masters I & II.

Now, me being a big fan of The Beatles, I am very very excited about this! Especially since they're all going to be in stereo too, even their earlier albums that were originally in mono. I can't wait to hear Sgt. Peppers, the White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be remastered!! And of course their earlier albums, especially Beatles For Sale, and A Hard Day's Night.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/07/the-beatles-remastered-albums-due-september-9-2009/

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
Re: The Beatles’ Remastered Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:39:58 am »
I'm looking forward to this as well. They've had a lot of odd projects, collections and gimmicks, like '1', 'Let it Be... Naked', and 'Love', but no real remasters of the old catalogue.

Although I'm more of a casual fan - always preferred the Rolling Stones between the two of them - but Abbey Road always had a bit of sentimental value for me. I collected used vinyl records for years, as they were so much cheaper than CDs, and would play them on my parents' sound system. One day I rooted through my parents' old records and came across my mother's beaten-but-unscratched copy of Abbey Road, and listened to it the whole way through. Just me and the dog - a black lab - on a cloudy day... it was a very nice listen. Not the kind of music I was into at the time, but I enjoyed it.

Shortly thereafter, I can't remember if it was the evening or the next day, George Harrison died. It was the oddest of timing, and made me rather sad - George and John were always my favourites of the bunch, and Harrison was always a bit more subdued than Lennon. None of that political business, and more low-key, album wise. I picked up Harrison's posthumous release that followed, Brainwashed, and quite enjoyed it.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:59 am »
Yeah...I didn't really get into The Beatles until two years ago, I don't know why I didn't get into them earlier, since I've always liked that kind of music. But one thing I didn't know, is that I did in fact, nearly everyday when I was younger, listened to a few Beatles songs on my grandparents record/tape player. The most memorable one was "I Saw Her Standing There"

But what actually got me into the Beatles was rather strange; I was Wikiing Lennon and McCartney, and the "Paul McCartney is Dead" thing got my attention, and I started to research it.

To keep a long story short, I ended up listening to a bunch of their songs that had supposed 'clues' in them. And soon thereafter, I got all of the Beatles' albums.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:49 am »
McCartney has always been my least liked of the four, even if he was the primary writer in the band next to Lennon. Never liked his solo stuff, and he just ate up the whole celebrity thing in more recent years, it was kind of a turn-off. Especially compared to Harrison and Starr, who were pretty quiet and humble about things later on.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »
Tomorrow Never Knows can make me cry sometimes. It's all right there at the end of the album, like a foreshadowing of the summer of love. It must have felt like a tremendous dose of potential, promise, and hope as the counterculture bloomed.

:kamina

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:54 pm »
Yellow Submarine is one of my favorite pieces by the Beatles. I don't know why, but it just... connects to me somehow. I also love Let it Be, being one of my favorite songs ever.

Cannot wait!

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:04 pm »
To me, all Beatles songs are my favorite. It would be nearly impossible for me to choose if I had to.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 02:21:29 am »
Same day as Rock Band Beatles.