Author Topic: Once-King Dalton  (Read 13109 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Once-King Dalton
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »
If he knew Porre, he definitely knew of Guardia (considering one must pass through Guardia to reach Porre from the entrance of the DV).

Besides, it was the only kingdom in 1000 AD, it wasn't hard to know.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 01:15:28 am »
All I know is that SE has plenty of excellent material from CTDS to make a new title.

Dalton's presence in 1000A.D. (an individual directly from the "mythical" kingdom of Zeal) is enough, and they can do so much with it.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 01:21:06 am »
All I know is that SE has plenty of excellent material from CTDS to make a new title.

Dalton's presence in 1000A.D. (an individual directly from the "mythical" kingdom of Zeal) is enough, and they can do so much with it.

I have a feeling it all depends on CT:DS's sales numbers

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 01:35:16 am »

I have a feeling it all depends on CT:DS's sales numbers

Yes, absolutely - and let's hope for the best. However, fans are what drive games to sequels (that and profit). It is really up to individuals like us to make it happen...

Quote from: Darth Vader in Star Wars episode IV - A New Hope
"Leave that to me."

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:29 am »
It's also probably up to whether or not Kato actually wants to revisit the Chrono series...or, in fact, if he actually has anything in mind for another game...

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:49 am »
Speaking of sales, does anyone know how well they did go?  Surely they're aware of the strong fanbase, that would fall in love with a (well-made) sequel...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:28 pm »
CT:DS sold .90 million units, with .53m in Japan, .32m in US, and .05m in Europe. For comparison's sake, FFIV:DS sold .99 million, without any European release.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:45 pm »
I would like to repeat here that the game was also not translated into German, Spanish, or Italian (only English and French), hence the bad european sales...

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:12 pm »
I of course want to see a true sequel to Chrono Trigger... but as previously stated, it depends on the DS versions sales.  Unfortunately for us, too many gamers are lazy and cheap and will just play it on an emulator and never invest in this new version to begin with.  If we see anything, we will see Chrono Cross for the DS or PSP.  I am hoping it will be the DS, because I do not want a PSP, as I think it is highly overrated.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 10:20:58 am »
The DS is overrated as well.  Neither system has very many good games, but the DS costs less and is more innovative.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »
I don't think the DS is overrated...If anything it gets underrated a lot (or at least in the places I've seen). Most people just say PSP because the graphical capabilities are greater and it has those other funky non-gaming applications. Rarely do I see long lists of good PSP games...while the DS has a great selection of notable series: Ace Attorney, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Castlevania, Super Mario (including M&L RPGs), Final Fantasy (various spin-offs of admittedly varying degree of worth)...entries from really big-name series like Grand Theft Auto, Kingdom Hearts, Megami Tensei, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Tales of...and great originals like Knights In the Nightmare (part of the amazing Heaven Dept. series), Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Etrian Odyssey, Puzzle Quest and Trauma Center...

Idkbutlike2

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:09 am »
How come no one has yet to mention the mayor of Porre as a cause of Dalton's success? After all, he is pretty foolhardy. Depending on if you did the Wondershot side quest or not, Dalton could have either bribed him, or just asked politely with plenty of deceit to allow him to raise Porre's own army.

Enlong

• Iokan (+1)
  • Awake-eth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 01:07:20 pm »
Yeah, it pretty much confirms it.

Though I like to imagine that the party that went through the Dimensional Vortex stopped him, since they know exactly what he's going to do and they have pull with the King.

And that the Fall of Guardia only happens in the timeline where they didn't go through the Dimensional Vortex; i.e. the one that Mindwiped!Magus is from.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 02:57:56 pm »
Though that time line would be the followed canon one, considering the DVs only open after Lavos's defeat.

Enlong

• Iokan (+1)
  • Awake-eth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 04:32:08 pm »
Though that time line would be the followed canon one, considering the DVs only open after Lavos's defeat.
Yah, I know. I just like to imagine the DS one got a happy ending.