Author Topic: I'd like to start a fandub.  (Read 3698 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like to start a fandub.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »
I can do Woosley. However, I can't do anything till I get a mic. I'll send you something when I have a mic that works. Maybe a sample of Marle and/or Lucca. Or maybe even Ayla or some other girl.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 04:31:36 am »
Ok, I've redone my original post again. Please check it out and then work on recording lines so we can get moving. Thanks a lot, guys!!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 12:51:06 pm »
Alright, I'll do the re-recordings soon, are there are any others you need yet?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 03:23:37 pm »
Just that one small line by the inkeeper: "Lodging is 10G". Thanks!

I guess I just need female voices right now(till the next scene). I guess I should find a place to advertise this for more help.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 05:47:37 pm »
Well, why not get a couple of the guys (I believe some other guys were interested too) to record those lines as samples? You don't have to implement anything yet, but maybe now's the time to find out how everyone sounds. In my opinion this project really only needs 4-6 males and 4-6 females, assuming a couple of those people could do a small range of voices.

But yeah, there's a dire need for more people (especially girls) to get involved here...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 06:38:25 pm »
Again, I'll get some sample lines up when I have a functioning microphone. Until then, you'll have to wait for my girly girly voice.

HyperNerd has access to a microphone. He may be interested in helping out with this.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 07:40:24 pm »
I have a mic but don't know how to record xD
So Hints and Tips Welcomed xD

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 07:48:40 pm »
I just went ahead and recorded mine on Sound Recorder (for Windows). It saved the files as .wma and I don't think that was a problem.

So if you have any sound recording program (even an extremely basic one) just go ahead and read the lines into the mic. If you're doing multiple lines you can record 'em in one session and save the file. I listened to mine a couple times to make sure I wasn't too loud, that I didn't breathe into the mic, and that there wasn't any crazy background noise, and once I liked how it sounded I went ahead and emailed it to ZaichikArky. I'd recommend leaving two or three seconds or so at the beginning and end of each recording so that it won't be hard to cut apart and implement into video.

Good luck, have fun with it, and don't worry; none of us are professionals.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 07:52:18 pm »
Also, if you're having trouble finding a program to record in, use Audacity. It's a free program that is very good for recording and editing sound. Just ask Tea, she lives in Audactiy.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I can't find a microphone, but I think I have one somewhere. If I can find one, and if you still need people, I'll apply.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:07 pm »
Yeah, you can just use sound recorder if you don't want to download a program. It's VERY basic and impossible not to understand : ). I really could use more voices so yeah, don't be shy and send them over!

BTW, Mav, actually it's not necessary to do the inn keeper. I think I'll just leave that part out.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 08:25:07 pm »
So, still accepting male voices for this part? Or does mav's will take all of them?

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 08:37:14 pm »
Hey, I say record 'em anyway--I haven't been able to re-record 'em yet, so go for it man.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 08:46:40 pm »
Yeah ditto : ). If you gets yours in before Mav, we can work something out so I use half and half or something like that. Also, that's just the first scene, next is the millennial fair, so there are plenty of male voices for that too! Or if you want, you can even be Crono XD. Just provide a bunch of grunts like this guy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBUgDcx1AXw lol. There are actually some dubs in English that are being "worked on" and then there was a guy who dubbed some random scenes. That's part of the reason I wanted it in Japanese. I wonder if the auditions guy is going ahead and do something.

cald

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 02:39:27 pm »
If you need any more male voices for the English version I could probably help.  It didn't look like much was left based on the first post, but if you have something for me I'd be glad to send you a sample.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 05:50:44 pm »
Well no one has really sent me anything yet, other than Mav(but he sent me something from a different script) so if you have anything, send it away : ).