Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: New Dawn - FanFic  (Read 448 times)

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger: New Dawn - FanFic
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:59:56 pm »
This is a story I'm making about what happens after Crono, Marle, Frog, Robo, Ayla, and (Magus) save the world. I only have one chapter so far, and I think its pretty long. Pretty epic I'd say.

Chrono Trigger: New Dawn
By James Davis(Dunce/Luminaire)

Chapter One - A New Dawn

1000 AD - Outside Lucca's House, a few weeks after the Moonlight Parade.

[Marle] "Finally! Life isn't so hectic anymore! I'm so glad we can spend some time together now that we have saved the world."
[Lucca] "Hey! I'm sitting right here! Don't go getting all mushy!"
[Marle] "Hehe. Crono, Lucca, do we really need to dismantle the Epoch? What if we want to go visit Glenn, Ayla, or Robo?"
[Crono] "Wel-"
[Lucca] "Yes. If we travel through time again we may accidentally alter history or the future, and what if someone was to find it and use it?
If the Epoch was to fall into the wrong hands... I don't even want to say it."
[Marle] "Wow, I didn't really look at it that way. Its going to be tough to never seen our friends again."

A few moments pass and Taban walks outside. He walks up to Lucca hugs her from behind.

[Taban] "There's my favorite daughter."
[Lucca] "Dad... I'm your only daughter."
[Taban] "Hey! You never know! Me and your-"
[Lucca] "STOP RIGHT THERE! I don't want to hear about that dad!"

Taban, Crono, and Marle burst out laughing.

[Taban] "Haha! I'm only playing with you Lucca!"
[Lucca] "Not funny! Now, why did you come bother us!"
[Taban] "I just came out to check on you. It's not everyday you have a daughter that saves the world!"
[Lucca] "I'm ok. I still haven't fully adjusted to the slow pace of everyday life. It's strange."
[Taban] "Well, give me a holler if you ever need anything. I need to go look for your Mother in town.
She said she was going to pick up a few things in the market, but that was over an hour ago. See you guys!"
[All] "Bye!"

Taban heads towards the bridge to Guardia on the Zenan Mainland. Lucca watches him as he fades off into the distance.

[Lucca] "... He worry's about me too much"
[Marle] "Hehe! Don't all parents?"

They all share a laugh and decide to leave.

[Marle] "Well, where should we go? Can't sit here all day."
[Crono] "Ho-"
[Lucca] "Want to visit Porre? Maybe go to Frog's Forest?
[Marle] "Hmm, that sounds nice. Crono?"
[Crono] "Well before Lucca gracefully interrupted me for the second time, I was going to suggest going to Chorus for a few days."
[Lucca] "Hey! I've been doing it for years! You should speak up more often!"
[Crono] "Haha! Well, you did have a good idea Lucca. It would be nice to visit Porre."

They all stand up and start walking towards the bridge. The Sun is shining bright, a wonderful day for a walk.

[Crono] "You two can walk to Zenan bridge without me right? I need to go tell my Mom that I'm going to Porre.
She has been really worried about me, and gets worked up if I gone for long without telling her."
[Marle] "We can wait for you here if you want."
[Crono] "Its ok! I can catch up! It won't take me but a lit bit."

Crono was yelling to them has he ran towards his home. The two continued walking towards Porre.

[Marle] "I love Crono so much."
[Lucca] "Here we go..."
[Marle] "What! He is such a good guy, I really think he's the one. Maybe the Entity wanted us to meet because we were meant for each other!
[Lucca] "... What'd I say about talking all mushy about Crono!"
[Marle] "Not to around you?"
[Lucca] "Precisely."

The girls arrive at the Zenan Bridge. Marle Looks behind and sees Crono running towards them. They stop to wait for him.

[Lucca] "Hurry up you slowpoke!"
[Crono] "I'm running as fast as I can!"

Finally Crono catches up to them. He pauses for a moment to catch his breath.

[Crono] "Phew! That about wore me out!
[Lucca] "Well, you are still coming with us. How was your Mom?"
[Crono] "I don't know. I kind of just ran in and out, haha!"

They begin to walk the bridge towards Porre.

[Marle] "I wish we could use the Epoch. We would be there by now!"
[Lucca] "Well too bad! We need to learn to travel without it, because soon it won't be operational."

1000 AD - Outside Porre Tavern, One hour later.

[Lucca] "Finally! We made it to Porre! Lets go inside the Tavern and rest for a few minutes."

They walk inside and sit down at a table. There's a few travelers chatting at the bar.

[traveler 1] "So there I was! Trapped by three Komodo Dragons! And my new best friend here, jumped in with his sword and saved me!
We have been traveling buddies ever since!"
[traveler 2] "This guy is insane! I told him that El Nido isn't some place were you journey out on your own.
It's dangerous down there! Especially with the treasure hunters looking for The Frozen Flame!"
[traveler 1] "I was only going to Opassa Beach! I didn't know that area was infested with so many Monsters!"

They mumble on about their adventure in El Nido. The Waitress walks over to the party's table.

[Waitress] "Hello! Is there anything I can get you?"
[Crono] "Three Soda Pops, please."
[Waitress] "Three Soda Pops coming right up!"

The Waitress walks up to the bar.

[Lucca] "We shouldn't stay here too long if we want to see Frog's Forest and still make it home before Sunset."
[Crono] "Why don't we just stay at the Porre Inn tonight? We can take the Ferry back to Guardia tomorrow!"
[Marle] "Yee! A boat ride sounds so romantic! But won't your Mom get upset?"
[Crono] "Well, I told her that we are going to stay here, so all's well."
[Lucca] "Someone planned ahead, didn't they! I'm usually the brains this operation."

The Waitress comes back over to the table with three Soda Pops.

[Waitress] "Here you go! 1, 2, and 3! Would you like anything else?"
[Crono] "Nah, we are leaving."
[Waitress] "Ok, that will be 30g."

Crono hands her the gil as he and the others stand from the table. They head towards the door.

[Waitress] "Have a nice day! Come again!"

The party heads towards the forest while drinking their Soda Pops.

[Lucca] "I wonder if Frog's little cave home is still there. !!! I wonder if he left us anything!"
[Marle] "Ooo! I hope he left some letters or something to tell us about his life after going back!"
[Crono] "Well we will never know until we get there!"

They arrive at the entrance to Frog's Forest. The Sun shines through the canopy to light the way.

[Marle] "Wow. This forest is so beautiful! Its also a lot bigger than I remember!"
[Lucca] "Hmm your right. The forest has really spread in 400 years. Haha! Not as big as Fiona's Forest though."
[Crono] "Marle."
[Marle] "Yes Crono?"
[Crono] "Telling my Mom where we were going to Porre, wasn't the only reason I went home. I went home to grab this."

He pulls out a Lumicite Engagement Ring.

[Marle] "!!!"
[Crono] "I had the blacksmith in the Lost Sanctum make it for me when he was making the Elemental Aegis armor.
I thought that being here on this trip, in this forest, would be best time to ask you..."

Crono kneels down on one knee.

[Crono] "Marle, will you marry me?"
[Lucca] "!!!"
[Marle] "!!! Yes, of course! I love you so much Crono!"
[Crono] "Yes! I love you too, Marle!"

Crono and Marle hug and kiss each other.

[Lucca] "Well congratulations on getting mushy. Haha! I'm only kidding! Good for you guys!"
[Marle] "Thanks Lucca! I knew we were meant to be!"
[Lucca] "Hey! There's Glenn's bush! I'm going inside!"

Lucca heads down the ladder into Glenn's house. She notices a grave and yells to Crono and Marle.

[Lucca] "Guys! Come down here quick!"

Crono and Marle quickly head down the ladder and run up to where Lucca is standing.

[Lucca] "Its his grave!"
[Marle] "Here's some letters on this table! This first one reads:

Date: 12/14/600

Dear Crono, Lucca, and Marle,

If you are reading this, that means you have to my house in Frog's Forest to visit me.
Times here are peaceful now that we stopped Magus and Ozzie. I miss you guys already.
I haven't noticed any changes in my time period that we may have caused, that's a good thing.
Life is good here. The King Knighted me, but I don't see any war in the near future.
The Masamune is still safe with me, no need to worry about it!

Good luck in the future, Frog(Glenn)."

[Crono] "Here's what the second one reads:

Date: 6/29/604

My time is cut short... I was walking home one day when out of nowhere Slash appears and stabs me from behind, the coward.
I have made it back here, to my home, but I don't have much strength left... I'm burying the Masamune in the back corner of my house.
Crono, if you are reading this, be sure to hold onto and keep it safe. My only regret, is not getting see Queen Leene's baby and protect her as she grows up.
With the last bit of my strength, I thank you guys for giving me courage to stand up to Magus and for the wonderful friendships I have gained...

Frog(Glenn)"

[Crono] "..."

Lucca bends down to remove the weed and vines growing on the gravestone. Most of the words are worn.

[Lucca] "Why... Why him!"
[Marle] "We have to save him!"
[Lucca] "We can't! Using the Epoch anymore could be dang-"
[Crono] "We are saving him and that's final! I don't care if we alter history or the future! Saving him shouldn't change anything major!"
[Lucca] "...Ok... Lets go!"

Crono digs up the Masamune to see its still in great condition, and they all leave Glenn's home.
They hurry to Porre to catch the Ferry home to Guardia.

Chapter End.