Poll

Magil or Guile?

Magil (teh awesum)
Guile (teh fruit)

Author Topic: Who is better, Magil or Guile?  (Read 9616 times)

Metal Gear Flaccid

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Get the heck out of here, you nerd!
    • View Profile
Re: Who is better, Magil or Guile?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 03:15:21 pm »
Ignore my last trolling post (which I deleted). I, myself, voted for Guile. Maybe it's because I played Chrono Cross more than Radical Dreamers, or whatever, but I like his style. If you ignore the Magus connections that people love so much, his personality is quite interesting. his witty responses and retorts are a bit of fun to spice up the game.

And, you get to see him float.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:57 pm »
Guile is just more fun to me. He speaks to calmly and I only saw him worried once other than that he just seems like more fun and plus you wish you had the style he had.

A toast, to all who like Guile.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 10:21:21 pm »
Regardless of what anyone says about amnesia or whatever, Magil actually is Magus. Guile isn't. He's an interesting character in his own right, but he doesn't really contribute much and in fact it's possible that most gamers completely skipped over him. Should they remake or port Cross, I expect Guile to be a mandatory, more fleshed-out character.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 02:00:43 am »
That's something that really ticks me off about the people who say "oh hey Magus's memories getting wiped make him more connected to MAGIL somehow!"

Magil is Magus "lightening up" of his own volition, no amnesia or mood-altering substances, he was originally meant to become that guy down the line. That's really neat to me.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 05:14:01 am »
I think Magil would be after he had already regained his memories since he had Kid with him...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 08:16:52 am »
Regardless of what anyone says about amnesia or whatever, Magil actually is Magus. Guile isn't. He's an interesting character in his own right, but he doesn't really contribute much and in fact it's possible that most gamers completely skipped over him. Should they remake or port Cross, I expect Guile to be a mandatory, more fleshed-out character.

Guile doesn't need to be Magus to be a cool character. Besides, out of the three you can pick when you go to Viper Manor, he's by far the coolest. So that most players skipped over him is either because they were lazy and took Pierre or because they really liked Nikki. Because in all honesty I thought Nikki's path was harder then Guile's. The damn Octopuses would always eat that plant seed thingy, goddammit.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 09:21:17 am »
A lot of players (maybe less than a 1/3? since the entrance to the bar is in the first screen) just didn't happen to go into the bar first...I didn't...I went to the docks and thus went through Nikki's quest (3 screens...Pierre has the most screens at 4, but is to the right, which is the direction most people go or so they say...I think it's common knowledge enough to skewer results) my first play through. Guile needs what pretty much every character in CC needs to be cool...a friggin personality that does not seem to exist. Magil was subtle, Guile was practically non-existent.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 09:29:25 am »
He just doesn't really come out of the blue because he's not a character you need to have, and because there's so many other characters. Because of the amount of characters hardly any character that doesn't join through the story has a lot of unique actions. Even so, out of all of them Guile is definitely one of my favorites. I particularly like the bet with the fortune teller where you can get three outcomes.

Magil is just too anti-social for me, he may be subtle, but it's like he's desperately trying to avoid saying anything. He had his cool moments though, where Guile didn't have as many because he wasn't one of the main characters. And looking at it like that, this isn't really a fair poll at all. It's like saying, who do ya like better, Chrono or NeoFio?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 09:36:57 am »
Magil is just too anti-social for me, he may be subtle, but it's like he's desperately trying to avoid saying anything.

Yeah, it's not like they were trying to sneak into a mansion to steal something or anything...>_>

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:27 am »
Magil is just too anti-social for me, he may be subtle, but it's like he's desperately trying to avoid saying anything.

Yeah, it's not like they were trying to sneak into a mansion to steal something or anything...>_>

Yeah and it's not like Serge noted a few times how Magil just stared at him without saying anything

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51:11 am »

No, I don't think Magil is as quiet as Serge said. He just doesn't like talking without a good reason.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 11:07:53 am »
Yeah, this is a bit late but
Magil uses a scythe? I thought he only used magic and karate.
Ninja Magus! Yes!

He just doesn't really come out of the blue because he's not a character you need to have, and because there's so many other characters. Because of the amount of characters hardly any character that doesn't join through the story has a lot of unique actions. Even so, out of all of them Guile is definitely one of my favorites. I particularly like the bet with the fortune teller where you can get three outcomes.

Magil is just too anti-social for me, he may be subtle, but it's like he's desperately trying to avoid saying anything. He had his cool moments though, where Guile didn't have as many because he wasn't one of the main characters. And looking at it like that, this isn't really a fair poll at all. It's like saying, who do ya like better, Chrono or NeoFio?
If the game having so many characters makes this poll unfair, what does it say about the game? I'm not dissing you or Cross, but your argument could be better.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 01:33:23 pm »
What does that say about the game? Lots of variation, I'd think. Besides, all the story-intertwined characters have loads of unique scenes, and cool dialogue. All the others are just there to entertain yourself with, and have some variation. It really makes the game alive.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 01:13:21 pm »
Magil... Why would I think a stranger is better than my own brother?

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »
Gotta say Magil.
Sorry, but I don't vote for fruit...