Author Topic: Taban and Lara = dead  (Read 3495 times)

Lee

• Porrean (+50)
  • Harle fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Pie
Re: Taban and Lara = dead
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 06:37:51 pm »
Let's see, Lucca found Kid in 1004 A.D. Then, she transformed her house into an orphenage. Would it make sense for Taban and Lucca to leave their daughter, knowing she has to take care of a baby alone ? So I assume they died before 1004 A.D, or maybe few years later (while the war against Porre ?). Kid could not have any reminiscences of them if she met them before she was 4 (at least).

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 10:54:02 am »
Speaking of Taban and Lara (rather their house and such), but during the Orphanage incident as Serge going back in time, something still sends me guessing about Lucca...

If you checked the desk in front of the window, to the immediate left of where you can pick up the Ice Gun, there was some sort of receipt for goods or something...

Quote from: Receipt on Lucca's desk
[Receipt]
     Receipt for
   Goods Received
   1 - KJ830
     - Porre Navy

Lucca did not have that much money, as Kid stated in the game, so what was going on here? Doing business with Porre...? What could it have been?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 10:56:52 am »
I believe that is a receipt from her selling weapons to Porre. Remember, she's an ingenious inventor, very useful to Porre. I believe Lucca frequently sold weapons to them.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »
Who is receiving the goods?  Lucca or the Porre Navy?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 01:24:42 pm »
Well obviously Porre Navy. Why would Porre supply weapons to Lucca. It's the other way around. Also as Kid states Lucca was poor, she probably sold weapons to Porre because she was desperate for money.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »
Oh, it was unclear to me that it was for weapons...I was thinking it could have been research materials for Lucca.  Porre may have enlisted her for certain research.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 01:52:54 pm »
Could have been possible, but those wouldn't be sent from the Porre Navy, and KJ830 does seem like a weapon name.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »
Oh, it was unclear to me that it was for weapons...I was thinking it could have been research materials for Lucca.  Porre may have enlisted her for certain research.

It's totally unclear what this receipt was for.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 02:31:34 pm »
Aye, we discussed that entire note in a different topic and we had some pretty inconclusive results. You just have to determine which is more likely: for Lucca to receive a receipt for selling goods or for her to receive a receipt for buying goods. Because it's Porre Navy, it seems more likely to be weapons, but goods can mean just about anything. And that little number at the end, 1 - KJ830, seems very ambiguous: what is it, one supply of KJ830? Or is that just a part number? In my honest opinion, it seems kinda weird for an inventor running an orphanage to be selling weapons to the navy...

Isn't it more likely that she was buying large quantities of some item (like food, for example) to feed the kids in the orphanage? The Porre Navy may be Lucca's Sam's Club.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 02:49:23 pm by mav »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:09 pm »

It's totally unclear what this receipt was for.

Actually, Porre Navy and the enigmatic name KJ830 are a dead giveaway

@ Mav: Why would anyone buy goods from the Porre Navy when there's shops everywhere around? And why would it say "Goods received"? How could the Porre Navy know if Lucca really did receive the goods or not? I dunno about you guys, but this makes it really clear to me that Lucca was the one sending the goods. And KJ830 seems like a name for a mechanical device to me.

Why would she sell weapons? 'Cause Porre will buy them, and 'cause she got 5+ mouths to feed.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't know why she's involved with Porre at all. Why would she buy anything from them when, like you said, she could get items around town? And why would she sell anything to Porre? As far as "Goods Received" goes...I don't know what to say. Although it seems kinda strange for Lucca to receive the item and to receive a receipt saying she received the item, couldn't it be akin to when you get a package in the mail? You sign a copy acknowledging that you got your item and then you get the receipt that says you received the item. She signs a slip that is taken to Porre (acknowledging that Lucca received the goods) and Lucca gets a receipt that verifies that she received her goods from Porre.

Typing all that up, I know it sounds strange, so I'm leaning more towards what you said, Dark Serge.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 03:03:41 pm »
...I thought it was bluntly implied that her parents had passed on.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 03:09:27 pm »
The stress of raising children and the pain of her parents' death caused Lucca to go insane, so she sold weapons to Porre and worked with Belthesar to instrument all the deaths and events of Cross.

SHE IS THE VILLAIN (OR CO-VILLAIN) YOU GUYS IT IS ALL THERE IN THE SCRIPT.

But yeah, Taban and Lara are most likely dead. They have no real reason to die other than their insignificance to the plot of Cross, so... yeah, dead.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 03:16:45 pm »
The stress of raising children and the pain of her parents' death caused Lucca to go insane, so she sold weapons to Porre and worked with Belthesar to instrument all the deaths and events of Cross.

SHE IS THE VILLAIN (OR CO-VILLAIN) YOU GUYS IT IS ALL THERE IN THE SCRIPT.

But yeah, Taban and Lara are most likely dead. They have no real reason to die other than their insignificance to the plot of Cross, so... yeah, dead.

And your explanation for the note is...? It says Porre Navy, whether you like it or not. It's not determined what, but she definitely had a relationship with Porre. And let's not forget her little friend Luccia, who, by any chance, also happened to be a Porrean.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »
I just said that she had dealings with Porre. Possibly from insanity, possibly from breaking down after Crono and Marle's death, possibly from OH NO SHE DI'INT TAKE MY MAN AWAY fanfic territory stuff. We're never told why or how, just left saying "what."