Author Topic: Zephira's playthrough  (Read 6118 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Zephira's playthrough
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:52:19 pm »
Here's my thoughts on the game, and any bugs or graphical/textual errors I find. I will update at the end of each day of play, or when I run into some major bug or error.

Prolouge:
Just Started the game, and I've been running around the world map, exploring the new areas. All of this was done before going to Guardia Castle, so Crono is the only member in my party.
Menu: Some of the window colour schemes look strange, especially number five. There is red in odd places. Number 3 is my favourite.
Leene Square: The judge sprite used for the pickle salesman needs to be recoloured. He blends in with the grass too much and doesn't fit the lighting in the area.
   Telepod area: There is one strange tile just to the left of the entrance, and to the right of a tree. Screenshot attached.
   Gallery of Heroes: The sprites used for the statues look odd. The faces need to be touched up.
                               The exit to this room is slightly hard to find. There is a wide opening in the trees at the bottom of the screen, but only half of it is the exit. Either
                                make the exit itself wider, or make the opening in the trees smaller.
   Gato's Exhibit: There's a Tyranno head there. I assume this is to test a boss fight, since it kills you in one hit. Game continues after losing this battle, but Crono
                         does not get up after the battle. You can still walk/run, but there is no animation; just the 'dead body' sprite sliding around on the floor. Crono
                         stands again after leaving the room.

Medina: Positioning of Medina Ticket Office and the area where to Medina ferry dock meets the land look strange on overworld map. Touchup? Also, the Ferry that
             runs between Medina and Choras cuts across the beach near Melchior's Hut. Route needs to be fixed.
             Man that sends you to Truce stands pretty far away from the desk. When you stand in a certain spot you can still talk to him, but he doesn't stop to talk, he
             just keeps walking. Text works though.

Choras:
     Auction House: The "A(n) {item name}" thing bothers me. Is there a way to fix the code so that either "A" or "An" precedes the correct item, instead of
                            writing both out?
     Cafe: Showstopper! Bug here. Spend the night at the inn. After Crono wakes up and walks to the foot of his bed, you can't move, access the menu, or
              pause. No buttons work. The music is still playing, the NPCs still do their walk-in-place animation, but Crono is stuck at the foot of the bed, unresponsive.

JP NOTE: Attachment debugged
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:37:59 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Zephira's playthrough
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:16:29 am »
hahahahahhah

You are the first person......in the history of CE to sleep at choras cafe/inn (well with non 3 character).  That's hilarious.....I'm assuming the code assumes 3 PC's since in the original you couldn't get there before (i think??)

Poor Choras.....the only town worse is San Dorino......land of the generic RPG NPCs (i believe zeality coined that phrase)

--JP

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 04:21:35 am »
Yeah, I always figured Dorino was the "we don't care what's going on in the outside world, we've got fancy shopping malls and spas!" city. Heh, that would actually be pretty fun if you could visit a spa in Dorino..
I see it written everywhere that it's called San Dorino, but in game it is only Dorino. Where does the San come from?

Made it to the Emerald Dream chapter. Chose to side with the Mystics instead of Porre, and chose not to attack King Zeal during the crater cutscene. Found a few more bugs, all submitted to the bug counter page. No more showstoppers found. So far.

Graphical errors: Three graphical errors found, attached in order with the errors circled.
First: 605 AD. In the first room of the tunnel running between the Dorino Fields and Medina. Get in battle with the Roly Poly, Roly Bomber, and purple Hench. There is
        a small section of cave wall that overlaps the monsters.
Second: 1005 AD. On the overworld map, west of Lucca's House, there is one bad tile (left of Marle inside that red circle).
Third: Prehistory. In the first room (I think) of Singing Mountain and up a ladder, there is a waterfall that has some repetitive tiles.

Edit: Forgot to upload attachments again.. oops. I'll upload them in the morning. Attachments uploaded.

JP NOTE:

Attachment 1:  damn that cave!  So many issues... I'll fix later
Attachment 2: are you talking about where the land comes in (the little crack thing).  I checked that's in the original CT game, I don't think it looks that weird.
Attachment 3: Damn nice eye!  Debugged.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:45:40 pm by jsondag2 »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:36:45 pm »
More graphical errors.
Top two: Strange walkable tile on the shore below a bridge in 1 AD, Emerald Dream chapter. Slightly messy tiles around bridge.
Middle left: 1 AD, northern tip of the Dinopolis continent. Walkable forest.
Middle right: 1 AD, Dinopolis, after killing two Reptites guarding stairwell. Bone pillars are uneven.
Bottom left: 1 AD, Dinopolis, room with one human that runs away when you fight four Kilwalas. Stairs look strange.
Bottom right: 2305 AD, Emerald Dream II. Sloppy tile around bridge leading to Dinopolis continent.
Not pictured: Alkaline monsters in Huacan Dome, 2305 AD, Emerald Dream II have weird palettes. Intentional or glitch?

I just got to the Emerald Dream II chapter. Lucca and Robo are levels 15 and 16, and I'm getting steamrolled by all the monsters in Huacan Dome. Can't make it past the first room after the teleporter. EDIT: I've discovered the awesomeness that is Fire Punch. Going to grind a couple levels before continuing.

EDIT: Text glitch? After defeating Acid and Alkaline in Emerald Dream II, 2305 AD, Huacan Dome, first room, some screwy text appeared at the bottom of the screen when I was getting battle spoils. I think it gave me a Mid Ether, not sure. Screenshot attached.

Emerald Dream II, Huacan Dome, first room. Conveyer belt, between the two brides on the right. Directly left of the rightmost bridge, and beneath all bridges, the conveyer belt tiles are moving in the wrong direction.
Weird line things flying across the overworld in Reptite 2305 AD, Emerald Dream II. Kinda like the birds in 1005 AD.
Odd save point in Emerald Dream II, Huacan Dome, bottom of the hallway just before the boss. Says "Reptite" instead of an area or time name. Screenshot attached.
"Got LAMe     izan" showed up again after defeating the boss in Huacan Dome. No other instances of this happen, still don't know what item it's supposed to be.

JP NOTE:

Attachment 1:
Top two:   Fixed .....I think...you're standards are definitey higher than mine though :) It definitely looks better than before
Middle left: Fixed
Middle right: Fixed
Bottom left: Aw, I think they look cool?  At the very least it's the best that can be done with that tileset
Bottom right: Assuming you were talking about the shore beach thing, Fix'd  If it's about only having a little bit of "light water" befor ethe dark better, it needs to be like that to have that narrow strait thing. 
Not pictured: Intentional :(

Attachment 2:

That's a gross one.....I fought them a bunch and did see it.  But most of the times it did correctly say mid ether.  Their "rare drop" was something else (but not Lamezain :) ), I made their rare drop be Mid ether as well and didn't get a repro for awhile.  But.....maybe I just didn't get the rare drop for awhile. 

Attachment 3:

Yea for terra tower I had to make a special "Save location" because it's accessed from multiple areas. I suppose since this area is only accessed from the futur reptite I can change it to FUTURE.  FLAGGED FOR LATER

By the way did you enter the bugs of this post into the DB?  I don't remember seeing the conveyer belt/ lines flying on OW.  I don't mind if you leave them in the post, I just thought you put them all in the DB so I wasn't checking your post for bugs so I  almost missed them.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:04:06 pm by jsondag2 »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 04:55:37 am »
Made it to Emerald Dream III. There was a treasure chest in EDII's  Dinopolis that I couldn't figure out how to get to, and one room in Huacan Dome that I did not explore. I will go back for this things during New Game+, after this initial run.

More glitches, shown in attachment:
Upper left: Emerald Dream II, Dinopolis, hallway before Vision Serpent. There is a Winged Ape, Reptite, and Gigasaur that you can walk straight past without initiating
                 battle. Intentional?
Upper right: Emerald Dream III, second room. There are two Gigasaurs kicking a Shitake back and forth. If you initiate battle while the Shitake is in midair, it stays
                  there during the battle instead of landing.
Bottom: Emerald Dream III, everywhere. The tiles in this area are very screwy. Sometimes parts of the monsters will be covered by a tile, sometimes a monster's
             head will appear on some tile completely separate from the body. Very glitchy, but very fast. Couldn't get a screenshot of it actually happening. These are just
             two areas where it happens most often. It's worst with those blue flying monsters.

Emerald Dream III, town square. Talk to the orange Azala sprite (forgot name). Crono {P2} says "Great, another one's about to freak out at us..." then flips around, and says it again. Also, it seems strange that Glenn plays his surprise animation, then says his name, then there's a " ...wait, humans are extinct?" (paraphrasing.) Perhaps make him say Glenn, then pause for a second, then surprise animation and "...wait, humans are extinct?"

That's all for tonight. More tomorrow.

EDIT: Just remembered something from Legacy of Zeal. The Earthbound Elder mentions a "zealian healing square". That healing square is called a Spring of Recovery by the attendant in Zeal during The Magic Kingdom in CT. You could keep 'healing square' so you don't confuse relatively new players, but it sounds unimpressive.

Just finished Emerald Dream III. This chapter was very fun, especially the dialogue. I always love seeing Magus and Frog argue.
Rest of the comments for this chapter:

Emerald Dream III, just in front of the ladder leading to the Smithy's house. When you approach the ladder, you are supposed to trigger a battle with two Lizardactyl. If you go around the right of that tree-rock looking thing, you can avoid the battle.

Emerald Dream III, Smithy's room. Save spot says Middle Ages instead of Reptite (or whatever else is supposed to be there).

When Coyopa announces for the Strongman contest, he says; "An entirely new species! Meet Crono, Glenn and Magus!" Magus never told Coyopa his name. Is it assumed that someone told him during the screen transition?

When clearing out the monsters east of the Smithy to get materials for the elemental armor, the Beetles have boss-dying animations. Is this intentional?

I noticed a TON of misplaced or glitchy tiles on this map in pretty much every room. There were too many to take screenshots of, but this map could use polishing. If you want, I can take screenshots and circle all of the glitchy tiles on a New Game+ later on.

In the second room of this area (right after the one the chapter starts in), you are supposed to fight two Lizardactyl as soon as you enter from the first room. However, if you enter from the south and walk to the area with the chest, you can see the two Lizardactyl floating near you, but you don't fight them unless you walk towards the area you started in.

Founding of Guardia:
Savepoint in Battleground says "Middle Ages".
The Heckran has too much HP. I know the difficulty has already been discussed at length, but it took around twenty minutes to kill that thing, if not longer. Also, when the PorreGuards that accompany the Heckran are killed one body stays on the field, the other disappears.

Gray Forgotten:
Battle with two displays, two Krawlies, one Proto 3. Attack and spell sounds are very subdued.
Cakulha's death noise plays when the Krawlie battle starts, instead of when he dies.
After you defeat the Krawlie, a Taban sprite appears in the upper left corner.
The overworld sprite for the station on Central Regime's continent has no door. It's confusing.
Just like the Lizardactyls in EDIII, the Krawlie's are glitched. During battle, pieces of their body (most often their butt) will separate and float to other tiles. Also, why do Krawlies shoot lasers and rockets? It's a bit disconcerting to see a fleshy monster using robotic attacks. Is there time to make robotic Krawlie sprites?

There's more, but I have to organize the screenshots. More later.

JP NOTE:

Attement 1:

upper left:  Fix'd
Upper right: Fix'd
Lower 2 and beyond:  yea......flying creatures + most maps == annoying as hell.  They don't obey the "battle solidity" property of maps and just go off and do their own thing.  I'm probably just going to ignore small glitches that happen real quick but that bridge one is really noticable. I'll probably have to replace the enemy altogether. FLAGGED FOR FUTURE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:12:56 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:33 pm »
Hey Zephira,

Just wanted to pop in here and say keep it up! Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing these yet but I promise I wlill soon.....I really appreciate the super fast beta test you're doing...

The Heckran has too much HP. I know the difficulty has already been discussed at length, but it took around twenty minutes to kill that thing, if not longer. Also, when the PorreGuards that accompany the Heckran are killed one body stays on the field, the other disappears.

As usual with any difficulty bugs....i would love to have a save state or SRM whenever you run ito something like this. For example....did you're marle have haste for this fight? Did you have the latest armor, did you find the bow that casts stop etc.  (instead of answering all these questions you can just send an srm/save state)

That being said I made an srm/savestate for every chapter so I can check it out myself as well now.

The overworld sprite for the station on Central Regime's continent has no door. It's confusing.

Couldn't agree more

When clearing out the monsters east of the Smithy to get materials for the elemental armor, the Beetles have boss-dying animations. Is this intentional

haha yea i noticed that too forgot to bug it.

I noticed a TON of misplaced or glitchy tiles on this map in pretty much every room. There were too many to take screenshots of, but this map could use polishing. If you want, I can take screenshots and circle all of the glitchy tiles on a New Game+ later on.

intriguing....noone else commented on this I think ( i hope the map didn't get corrupted)

By the way are  all of these in the bug database I would prefer that cause I'm going to take that bug count down real soon here.

--JP

EDIT: I just checked...you're talking about elemental forest (east of the smithy) right?  It seemed fine to me....but I guess I don't have an artists eye.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:58:03 pm by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »
Menu: Some of the window colour schemes look strange, especially number five. There is red in odd places. Number 3 is my favourite.
Leene Square: The judge sprite used for the pickle salesman needs to be recoloured. He blends in with the grass too much and doesn't fit the lighting in the area.

The first window color scheme was changed to look red but we didn't realize that the schemes share colors, so they're a bit messy. We'll probably fix this when we do palette changes and graphical stuff later, after I finish coding the ending.

Also, when the PorreGuards that accompany the Heckran are killed one body stays on the field, the other disappears.

This is intentional for the cutscene that follows the battle :)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 04:10:55 pm »
As usual with any difficulty bugs....i would love to have a save state or SRM whenever you run ito something like this. For example....did you're marle have haste for this fight? Did you have the latest armor, did you find the bow that casts stop etc.  (instead of answering all these questions you can just send an srm/save state)

Unfortunately, I didn't make a savestate. I never quite learned how to use them. Marle did not have haste, the highest level spell she had was Cure. I did find that bow, but I rarely use Marle's weapons, so I sold it for MidEthers and MidTonics. I've always been pretty strapped for cash in this run through, until I had Lucca and Robo grind those Acid and Alkaline battles for about eight levels. I don't think I could afford the newest helmet, and I didn't transfer anything off of the boys before they slept. Didn't know it would go to a Marle-only chapter again.
Anyway, Marle didn't take too much damage. She had the Shield item, about every four or five turns she cast Cure, went through quite a few MidEthers. Only problem was how much health the Heckran had, and how often it healed for 500 (Ice only does 200-280).

Just to be sure, is zsnesw 1.51 the latest version? It wasn't really the elemental forest that was glitched, more like the entire map For EDIII. Especially around Lizardactyls. Some tiles don't match up with others, there are odd edges, other sloppy tiles. Just needs polish. The biggest problem I saw was the heads of the Lizardactyls coming off and floating to different tiles, or extra Lizardactyl heads appearing. It happens too fast to really notice what happened, but it happens often enough that the average player will know something is wrong.

I found a bunch more yesterday and Saturday, but they're mostly in screenshots. Give me a few minutes to compile and organize them all. I'll post them here first for my own reference, then put everything in your bug counter afterwards. I'll edit this post with attachment and bug list soon.
And heeeere they are! First, the screenshots. Attached below; will refer to them by the numbers in the corners.

1. Transparency issue with one of the buildings on Central Regime continent, Forgotten Gray. Party is below the building, but building is standing on top of Magus.
2. Stop the Porre Factory! chapter. Spells look very strange inside the factory.
3. After Belthasar tells you his plan about attacking the Frozen Flame. Crono's text sounds very strange. It makes sense after reading it a couple, times, but I think it
    should be worded better.

4. Just before Animal Persistence. "Bring you go to"?
5. Hunting Range, any chapter. Weird tiles circled.
6. Stop the Porre Factory! Luccia's room. Magus and Marle are in a potted plant.
7. Animal Persistence, after winning the frog catching contest. Kong's text sounds awkward. Also, more weird tiles.
8. Stop the Porre Factory! In the Forest Ruins. The bat flies behind the door.
9. Truce Inn. Whenever you talk to that green man, he drinks at you. Intentional?  JP NOTE: Yea
10. (forgot the chapter name). When you go help the Mystic Knights fight Kasmir, in the Mystic Den east of that tunnel. Move to talk to Flea, but the screen doesn't
      scroll enough and his head gets cut off. Also, weird tiles circled.

11. Mystic Den house, Medina continent. Green Roly guy's text has indents.
12. Kasmir's Fort, west wing. Helped Flea shoot fireballs at monsters, got the chest (screen scrolled past the podium), then walked back to the podium. A black tile
      appeared on the floor, it wasn't there before.

13. Kasmir's Fort, west wing (I think). In the battle with one Hench, one Grimalkin, and two Green Imps, the Hench kicks Marle behind a post. She stays there for
      the rest of the battle, but you can't see her.

14. Stop the Porre Factory! Forest Ruins. After flipping the switch that makes one of the horizontal rows of spikes go down and another go up, one of the spike tiles
      does not move.  JP NOTE:  FLAG FOR LATER
15. (Can't remember chapter, either Glare of Midnight or Darkness of Noon), Denadoro Mts. After taking the TDC to 1005 AD, your group falls into the middle of a
      conversation between a Porrean Sentry and some Imps. Battle ensues, but Magus {P1} is standing on top of an Imp.

16. After defeating Dalton and watching Truce get razed, when Crono and Marle sleep at Crono's house. Their sprites are not aligned with the bed correctly.  JP NOTE: Flagged for later
17. Guardia Castle, King's tower. Slight transparency issue with the doorframe. It covers a character's face if you stand in the right spot.  JP NOTE: i couldn't repro this (though I do see it in your picture)
18. Choras Museum, exhibit of Cyrus' final battle. To the left of the Magus statue is a solid tile.
19. Choras Museum, after restoring the Masamune. One of the guards still talks about the curator, even though no curator is in the room.

That's it for those screenshots.. now some dialogue!
Darkness of Noon, Guardia Castle, when the castle just comes under siege. Masa says, "Here you can use this sword while we are gone!" There should be a comma after 'here'.
During the meeting between King, Chancellor, two Mystic envoys and two Porre envoys, when they all take a break. Eavesdrop on the Porre envoys. One says, "Yeah. Our little laboratory is putting out great product, isn't it?" Put 'a' between 'out' and 'great'.
After restoring the human timeline, one of the Chronopolis workers in the generator room says, "Chronopolis agents are now noticing/they/have different recollections of medieval/history. Fascinating stuff..." where / =  line break.
In the assault on Kasmir's Fort, when King Zeal approaches Ozzie, Flea, and Kasmir. In response to Zeal, Ozzie's talking animation plays, and a text box pops up saying, "KASMIR: Wait! Who are you?" It's a bit confusing who is speaking here.
After the fall of Guardia, at the Porre Inn. Speak with the guard in the bed on the right. He says, "We've already begun researching the user of black powder in smaller forms." 'User' should be 'use' or 'usage'.

Tech: Haste. Magus {P1}, Marle {P2}, Crono {P3}. When Haste is cast, Magus is the only one who spins around.

End of Animal Persistence: During the talk between Magus and Schala after the Prehistoric party, Magus never stops nodding. The hug needs to be choreographed better, too. Maybe make hugging sprites for Magus and Schala? Same for the scene after the fall of Guardia where Crono and Marle hug.

In the prehistoric party, Ayla, Schala, and the prehistoric villagers are palette adjusted for night time, but the rest of the PCs are not.

In the assault on Kasmir's Fort: After defeating KasmirHench, Slash appears at the bottom of the screen, but his teleportation fires appear at the top and the teleportation sound effect plays. Slash then walks to the top of the screen, fades to white, and disappears. Should the fires and spell start after Slash reaches the top of the screen?

Darkness of Noon, Denadoro Mts. After defeating the Porre Sentry and Green Imps when you first take the TDC to 1005, Marle says, "Since when were Porre and Medina so close? He mention meeting let's go to the castle!" 'He mention meeting' should be 'He mentioned a meeting'.
Darkness of Noon, Guardia Castle After you speak with the Chancellor the first time, you cannot speak to him again.

Possible showstopper! Marle {P1}, Magus {P2}, Crono {P3}. Talk to King Guardia. He speaks, then the game freezes. Music and animations still work, but party is unresponsive. Reset and tried again, it worked the second time. I don't know why it happened the first time, it appears to happen at random and the risk is still there.

In Stop the Porre Factory!, when you have to take Toma to the Gate in Truce Canyon. When you enter the Gate, Toma and Agent 12 say they will follow you, but they walk towards the top of the screen as you disappear.

That's all for now, but I think I'm missing some..

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:11:24 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 05:22:15 pm »
The first window color scheme was changed to look red but we didn't realize that the schemes share colors, so they're a bit messy. We'll probably fix this when we do palette changes and graphical stuff later, after I finish coding the ending.

I'd almost like to disable this altogether. if someone knew how.

As for heckran I definitely had haste so maybe the battle didn't seem as long for me....I'll revisit my save state but it sounds like I may have had marle more levelled up (i used her in my main party mainly for haste2).

I'm really shocked about the EDIII maps.... I felt like that chapter had some of the best maps in the game. I guess i'll know when I look at the screen shots.

(imagines them playing through ED III before chrono'99 polished them and laughs)

--JP

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:09 pm »
Found some left over screenshots.
1-3. EDIII maps with strange tiles circled. Also, in screenshot 1, those Lizardactyls don't attack you unless you walk towards that room you started the chapter in. If you
       enter through the bottom of the screen and walk to the area with the chest, you can see the Lizardactyls just floating there.
  I did some general clean up but alot of these  I didn't really feel like was that bad or I'm just looking at the tiles different ly than you
4-6. Hunting Range in Prehistory, strange tiles circled. JP NOTE: Ditto...
7. End of Founding of Guardia chapter, Agent 12 has weird line breaks in his text.
8. In the Mall outside of Chronopolis. Magus has a pot on his head.
9. Central Regime continent. The circled building is the station. This building needs a door. When I finished the quest in Forgotten Gray, I forgot which building the station
    was in. I tried the cave first because it had a door, but you can't even enter it. Figured it out after about ten minutes.

10. Forgotten Gray, room just before Cakulha. Magus has a staircase on his head.
11. EDIII, during the Strongman contest. The Winged Ape's wings disappear behind that podium.

That's all I have for now. Going to make breakfast, then sift through these and throw them up on your bug counter. Also, last post before yours updated with another huge screenshot and list of bugs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:00:38 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:26 pm »

Possible showstopper! Marle {P1}, Magus {P2}, Crono {P3}. Talk to King Guardia. He speaks, then the game freezes. Music and animations still work, but party is unresponsive. Reset and tried again, it worked the second time. I don't know why it happened the first time, it appears to happen at random and the risk is still there.

This sounds weird but is it reliably random?  as in you load it 10 times it randomly happens 3 of those 10 times? If it's a one time thing that noone else seems to have experience it could have just been a weird state of your zsnes.  It seems like a common enough scenario where more people would have reported it.  (unlike your previous showstopper where it's pretty rare to sleep in choras )

--JP

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 06:10:39 pm »
I don't think it was something weird with my sznes, the music and animations still worked fine. I reset, everything worked. Closed zsnes, opened and tried it a few more times, couldn't get it to happen again. Maybe it had something to do with the Chancellor only speaking once, because he is supposed to interject in the conversation.

How do savestates work? I've never been able to figure them out, but I should use a savestate next time something like this happens.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 06:23:03 pm »
i think it's file => Save State?  It should make a .zst file in the same directory as your rom and you can just send that to me.  YOu can also just send the .srm file to me.  Totally guessing here but I'm pretty sure the ZST file is literally just a dump of the exact memory that zsnes is using at the time for the ROM. 

But if you weren't able to repro it multiple times then it was probably just in a weird state.  I find that this can happen to me actually quite often if I'm "fast forwarding" through the game.  I think that the ROM just isn't set up for it and can sometimes just cause a random bit to flip. or cause a race condition that shouldn't exist in normal scenarios.  It's pretty impossible to code against. This can happen to me sometimes even in CT.  THe most reliable (and i use reliable loosely) time this happens to me is sometimes when I get in the epoch with fast forward on.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 06:36:18 pm »
I think they don't share colors. You just overdid it with changing colors and went beyond the first window color scheme palette.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 10:00:20 pm »
Three more bugs:
Once more to the breach: During battles with Jinn and Barghest in Ocean Palace, dying sound plays at start of battle.  JP: yea I dont know what the hell is up with that.  At first it was just Jinn so I thought it was the "barghest shield dying" so i put a barghest in there.....and it sitll happened so I checked the enemy AI and there was nothing that jumped out at me.....so...yea pretend it's an enemy battle cry...

People in southwestern Ioka hut still say Ayla is injured, even after she joins your party.

Dalton's Last Stand, Zeal Ruins?, room with three Lashers and three Bashers. After the battle, walked to that dark tile beneath the stairs. At first, Marle {P2} wouldn't follow, but Frog {P3} did. Then, when I got to the wall, Marle ran over, but Frog ran off the screen and into the wall.

I've got a bunch of screenshot'd stuff too, but I want to finish the Dreaming Across Time chapter before organizing those. Trying the side quests first. So far I've done Johnny's trading quest, Agent 9 and Sasha, Lucca's lost boy, and Marle's thing in 1 AD. I think I've spoken with absolutely every NPC in the Middle Ages

but I can't figure out where the three volunteers quest starts,   JP NOTE: So the deal with this was originally this was "train the vanguard" so when the masamune restored the timeline this quest became invalid because the vanguard didn't exist. We decided this was too mean and made it "train the guardian knights" and made the quest accessible all the time.  Looks like the start of the quest still had the old "if timeline is restored, don't allow" conditional handing around.  I removed the conditional so it should be accessible now.

and I still can't find 'the castle of lesser evil' for the very beginning of Spekkio's quest.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:22:26 pm by jsondag2 »