Author Topic: toastyfrog's Chrono Break FAQ  (Read 884 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
toastyfrog's Chrono Break FAQ
« on: April 15, 2005, 06:47:07 pm »
Does anyone remember this? It was around the time when the 'info' of Chrono Break just hit and people were just starting to spread the rumors and ask tons of questions about it that no one had the answers for...

I'm pretty sure that w/e the url used to be doesn't work anymore, but I was wondering if anyone here at the Compendium saved it? I just remember loving to give people that link whenever they had some question about Chrono Break. I'm pretty sure it was spread around GameFAQs at the time...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 06:55:35 pm »
Alright, I got my own lazy ass to Google it and I found someone (Zeh) who had quoted it in some forums (otakuboards.com)...

Quote from: ToastyFrog FAQ
1. WHEN DOES CHRONO BREAK COME OUT?
A: Dunno.

2. WHAT'S THE GAME ABOUT?
A: Uncertain.

3. WHAT'S THE MAIN CHARACTER'S NAME?
A: Sorry, no idea.

4. OK... WELL, THEN WHICH SYSTEM WILL IT BE ON?
A: PlayStation 2, I guess, but I can't say for sure.

5. DO YOU AT LEAST KNOW WHO'S DIRECTING IT?
A: Square hasn't said, but since Tetsuya Takahashi has moved along to Monolith to work on Xenosaga, it's probably not him.

6. SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
A: Aside from diminishing the chances of Chrono Cross degenerating into text-heavy, self-indulgent bilge at the 11th hour - somewhat, as Masato Kato could still be put in charge - not much, really.

7. SO IS THERE ANY REAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHRONO BREAK AT ALL?
A: Well, Square registered the trademark "Chrono Break" a few months ago. And in Japan they may be spelling it "Chrono Brake." But beyond that, there's absolutely no concrete information regarding the game whatsoever. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. In fact, aside from speculative guesswork there's no concrete proof that the next Chrono game will in fact be called "Chrono Break." For all we know "Chrono Break" was registered as a trademark for gummy fruit snacks or something.

8. SO, I SHOULD JUST, LIKE, BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION?
A: Yes.

9. THIS GUIDE WAS A WASTE OF TIME, WASN'T IT?
A: Yes.

10. OH WELL. UM... HEY. I LIKE YOUR SHIRT.
A: Thanks!

As you may be able to tell, this was also before the US patent/trademark/copyright (w/e) of 'Chrono Break' expired.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 10:54:59 am »
Anyone thought that if Chrono Break/Brake is made, it will not only solve the plotholes in CC and CT like Marle's time traveller immunity, Time Bastard, The Dead Sea etc but also add a new purspective on Lavos, The Time Devourer, Zeal etc.?

seraphim

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 03:49:39 pm »
i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/chrono/break/propaganda/cbreak1.jpg

yea i know that's a fake (and old..) but i still drool...drool...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 03:19:55 pm »
Zaperking, so far, every new installment of the Chrono series has added to more than answered (or completely ignored) the glaring questions of the previous...

And yes, seraphim, that is indeed old and fake...It doesn't even look like it could be real...I think I even recognize most of those pics...and anyways...The people will know more about the game before actual screenshots become available...

We wait and we wait and we wait...Thus is the life of the Chrono series fan...