Author Topic: Chrono Cross DS: Is it Possible?  (Read 10775 times)

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross DS: Is it Possible?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:29 am »
Somebody who knows what they're doing with this kind of thing should make a deal with Nintendo to have them make a homebrew channel on the Wii menu or in the Virtual Console Shopping thing. Third party roms. Set a precedent. Make some dough. Nintendo can emulate Apple a lil bit more than it already has (Wiimote and console look like accessories for ipods). Say the roms that are based on or use sprites and music get $0/sale for the developer and $10 for Nintendo, then origial and commissioned games the developer would get $10 and Nintendo would get $5 or something. That totally should have been done a year ago.

:picardno

theres already a wii homebrew channel :(

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009, 09:15:21 am »
Somebody who knows what they're doing with this kind of thing should make a deal with Nintendo to have them make a homebrew channel on the Wii menu or in the Virtual Console Shopping thing. Third party roms. Set a precedent. Make some dough. Nintendo can emulate Apple a lil bit more than it already has (Wiimote and console look like accessories for ipods). Say the roms that are based on or use sprites and music get $0/sale for the developer and $10 for Nintendo, then origial and commissioned games the developer would get $10 and Nintendo would get $5 or something. That totally should have been done a year ago.

:picardno

theres already a wii homebrew channel :(

Well shit in my mouth and call it a sundae. Does Nintendo get any money for it, or are you talking about the soft-mod? Cause I'm talking about no modding, Nintendo essentially taking over the homebrew channel legally and making it a pay service.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009, 02:39:17 pm »
The soft mod (I dont think there is a way to hard mod a wii, besides a few chips).  I only stated that there was a current Homebrew channel because i wasnt sure if you were on the "wii-scene".

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2009, 02:56:20 pm »
Yeah, the soft mod comes from the Twighlight Princess SD card thing, which nets Nintendo exactly zero dollars. But if Nintendo could embrace the idea, perhaps game developers like SE may be more keen on allowing homebrew hacks like CE, because they could get a cut of whatever Nintendo sold it for. It's just wishful thinking, really. But I think it would help and would give the Wii an edge over the PS3 and XBOX360 easily.

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2009, 02:45:21 am »
Yeah, the soft mod comes from the Twighlight Princess SD card thing, which nets Nintendo exactly zero dollars. But if Nintendo could embrace the idea, perhaps game developers like SE may be more keen on allowing homebrew hacks like CE, because they could get a cut of whatever Nintendo sold it for. It's just wishful thinking, really. But I think it would help and would give the Wii an edge over the PS3 and XBOX360 easily.
Dunno about it giving the Wii an edge over the 360, actually - XBox Live Community Games is pretty much this, only with a restriction that amounts to "no fangames unless you've got permission to use the IP".

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Could the DS handle Chrono Cross?
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:40 pm »
What do you guys think?  I don't think the DS would have a problem with the graphics of CC, but I am unsure it could handle the sheer scope of the game.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Could the DS handle Chrono Cross?
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2009, 04:55:28 pm »
There is already a thread for this topic:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,7199.0.html

It went off-topic near the end, and I think it didn't even reach a definite answer.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:43:44 pm by Acacia Sgt »