Author Topic: Why are you here?  (Read 8552 times)

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Why are you here?
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
 :lol: he he...

For me, one of the saddest moments in CT is Belthasar's "monologue" before you find the Epoch. To see the Guru of Reason fallen so low... it's such an overwhelming moment. After you play through that scene, I think you can't help but realize how very, very doomed Zeal is.

.... but then I played Cross and rescinded some of my sympathy. (I still like Belthasar, but barely.)

He was a very tragic character in Chrono Trigger, both Gaspar an Melchior found a place for them in their new eras, but Belthasar was doomed to the isolation of a destroyed world, you can't help but think about how desesperate he was to go back to Zeal, he succumbed to insanity while trying to create the machine that could help him escape that era... But in Chrono Cross he became sort of an arrogant genious with a god complex...yeah, yeah, he was trying to save Schala and the universe, but he seemed to enjoy too much playing with the life of other people, he talked about it very lightly and without any guilt or regret, he was like "Ho ho ho, look what I did, awesome, right?"  :? If I was Serge I would have been livid after Belthazar confessed his master plan...  

...Maybe he went a little crazy in that timeline too , he he  :P

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:57:54 pm by Licawolf »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »
Belthasar's crazy no matter where or when he is.

redandblack64

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »
An older fan who worked at GameStop recommended Chrono Trigger DS to me last year, when I was bored and wasnted to buy a cheap used DS game. At first, it didn't look very appealing, as the "Dragonball effect" was taking effect. I was hooked, and one of the endings in that remake made me curious about Chrono Cross, along with the trailer I saw on Youtube, and the fact that the music sounded more ethnic to me (Fado, Mediterranean, Celtic and African influence? Interesting). Luckily, the Microcenter i live next to had cheap, untouched copied of Cross for the same price of the used CTDS I bought, and I sannep one up.

CronoMarleForever

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:53 pm »
Well I found this forum while looking for information on Crimson Echoes. (Oh how I wish I could play it!!) I've been a Chrono Trigger fan since it came out when I was in high school. Back then, I was only able to rent it and did it often. Then I got a Playstation about 5 years ago and a friend gave it to me and my obsession has gone to a whole new level. LOL I have all 3 versions of Chrono Trigger and I own Chrono Cross. I've played them all so many times it's ridiculous. I've tried to find another game series that I would love as much as the Chrono series but I have not. Nothing beats Chrono Trigger!

I'm so glad to have found this place and to meet fellow Chrono Trigger obsessed peoples!  8)

tiny260

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Fan Fiction Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 10:24:38 pm »
I'm so glad to have found this place and to meet fellow Chrono Trigger obsessed peoples!  8)

Amen brother. Amen.

Or... whatever the people of Zeal say instead of Amen. La-ve? Ma-Mon?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »
What was the thing that drew you to Chrono Trigger (or Cross) in the first place?

For me, it was the huge combination of Time Travel, dinosaurs, an apocalyptic future with robots, and the floating Atlantis.

(I was in third grade in 1995 and that's what I liked. I don't feel ashamed that I'm drawn to the same things to this day)
I first heard of Chrono Trigger from my friend Adam when I moved to Colorado in late 2002. I'd never heard of it before, naturally, because I'd grown up on PC gaming up to that point and had never played anything on any consoles.

I had a PSX that I had JUST purchased used from someone before moving to Colorado, so Adam loaned me his PSX copy of Chrono Trigger. Being a huge Back to the Future fan since it was one of the first movies I ever saw as a little kid, I was naturally hooked into the time traveling saga that was Chrono Trigger.

I only wish there were more decent RPGs involving time travel...

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2011, 05:20:43 pm »
Kyronea, your back! When did that happen?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »
Kyronea, your back! When did that happen?
Oh just in the last few days. A few different things(just finally hearing about the CE leak, wanting to play a hardtype Chrono Trigger, etc etc) made me decide to wander back over here.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:18 am »
Both of you guys had disappeared for a while... Welcome back! Glad you guys found your way home. :)